• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Models of Poly rooms?

DVD is having Poly preview parities at SSR so Yes the Poly model is there. I would call your guide for more info.

:earsboy: Bill

I stopped by the SSR models on Sunday and was allowed to see the Poly hallway. I was told that the room won't be available for "a month, at least." I'm not sure how much to rely on that information.

I stopped by the SSR models on Sunday and was allowed to see the Poly hallway. I was told that the room won't be available for "a month, at least." I'm not sure how much to rely on that information.
There is another thread that owners staying the weekend of jan 13th received invites for a Poly preview. It is at the SSR sales center so one would think they will have it done for that event. ��

We are at SSR in 2 weeks. Wondering if there are any Poly room models?

I'm at WDW the same week as you, and I was wondering about this also. I was thinking of calling Member Services to get this info, but sometimes they don't have all the info. And our guide left 2-3 years ago, and I don't even know our new guide's name. I'll probably get more accurate info here!

I'm at WDW the same week as you, and I was wondering about this also. I was thinking of calling Member Services to get this info, but sometimes they don't have all the info. And our guide left 2-3 years ago, and I don't even know our new guide's name. I'll probably get more accurate info here!

Just call the DVC sales number and they can put you in touch with your new guide.

:earsboy: Bill

I got an email invite to another set of Member Previews on January 20, 21 or 22nd (Tuesday, Wed, Thursday). That Tuesday is our planned MK day and we leave on Wednesday, so I don't think we'll be taking two hours out of our trip for the preview.

I was hoping we could go see the rooms on Sunday since we're planning on being at HS that morning. It's our first trip "home" to VGF, so I don't want to hike it from there to SSR (we won't have a car this trip) on our MK days.

Wondering if I should call my guide to see if they are showing the rooms over that weekend?

I got an email invite to another set of Member Previews on January 20, 21 or 22nd (Tuesday, Wed, Thursday). That Tuesday is our planned MK day and we leave on Wednesday, so I don't think we'll be taking two hours out of our trip for the preview.

I was hoping we could go see the rooms on Sunday since we're planning on being at HS that morning. It's our first trip "home" to VGF, so I don't want to hike it from there to SSR (we won't have a car this trip) on our MK days.

Wondering if I should call my guide to see if they are showing the rooms over that weekend?

I'll also be there that week, and also just for the Email invite today. I wonder whether or not transportation will be supplied. Frankly, I'm not crazy about spending an hour each way (what with transfers) for a 2 hour presentation).

I received the email as well and it states transportation is not provided. We're staying at BLT and getting there and back with little ones is a big deterrent, although I would love to see the model room.

I received the email as well and it states transportation is not provided. We're staying at BLT and getting there and back with little ones is a big deterrent, although I would love to see the model room.
Just walk over to MK and take the bus to SSR. The Springs stop is right by the sales center. It's probably the easiest resort to get there from without a car except for SSR.

I'm looking forward to seeing some nice photos, so everyone who is going should bring a camera!

http://i235.*************************************PVB__DVC.png

:goodvibes

Just walk over to MK and take the bus to SSR. The Springs stop is right by the sales center. It's probably the easiest resort to get there from without a car except for SSR.

That's good to know. Still on the fence about bringing our kids there after all day in the park. We usually book a 2 bedroom, but the bungalow points are crazy high and the studios may be too small. Still, I'd love to see the model and stay at the Poly. Haha

Well, I just reread my invitation for ones the week I'll be there, and after I read it, I sent a "nasty-gram" to Member Services explaining why I won't go. Transportation not provided?! With all the DVC vans running around, they're only for potential members, not for existing members? Meanwhile, I'd be asked to spend approximately an hour in transit each way for a presentation that last as long as it takes to get there and back. I can't believe (well, unfortunately I can believe but am not pleased) that they'll send vans for new members, who might buy 200-300 points, but for those of us existing members who might only want 100 add-on points, Nada! It's all about the money, I suspect. Although I'd kind of like to see the model rooms, I'll do it when it's convenient for me, not on their schedule-with no transportation.

I emailed my guide about the invitation and if that was the only opportunity to view the models. He quickly replied that the Preview Center will be open and that members could drop in for a look. Did not need to commit to the two-hour presentation.

He also said that the price would be fixed until early February and then it would go up. We aren't looking to add-on yet, but I am curious to see the studio model.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter