• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moderate Resort

Opsmerlin22

Earning My Ears
Hi
I’m very new and wet behind my mouse ears! I been to Disney 1 before stayed offsite as from uk and had a terrible experience and I almost gave up on a Disney but rebooked for July 2020 staying at Coronado Springs and I am very nervous about this I just want a clean room that is modern and comfortable and I can’t afford the upgrade to guarantee a room in Destino which is modern is there any rooms that would be good form me and my hubby and kid? I need to be close to amenities and bus stop to if possible
Please help

I haven't stayed at Coronado before. I have stayed at Caribbean Beach several times. The rooms are comfy and incredibly clean, they were refurbished not that long ago, just don't get a pirate room. The pool is really nice with a fun pirate ship for kids and the grounds are beautiful. We like the multiple bus stops because you are never far from one. Now it has the addition of the skyliner which goes to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It is a nice resort that might fit your needs. The food court is good too and there is a table service restaurant too.

The rooms at Coronado were all refurbished last year. They are beautiful, as is the resort. I would suggest a preferred room if you want to be close but i honestly have been very happy in any section and I've stayed in all three. You'll be very happy there.

I could be wrong, but I believe all the rooms at Coronado Springs have been recently remodeled. I stayed there just last month and my room was nice and modern looking inside. I was in the Casitas buildings, which were close to the main building, but it was a preferred room. If you don’t pay for preferred, you most likely will be in one of the buildings farthest from the main building.

Casitas has standard rooms, as does Cabanas. Both sections are a short walk to the main building. Ranchos is farthest.

All of the non-tower rooms were recently remodeled and very lovely. Huge TVs with Chromecast and double sinks in the bathroom with a rainfall shower. The amenities are kind of spread out (main pool, dining, fitness center) and there are four bus stops so you'll always be close to at least one. Even the furthest rooms are under a 10 minute walk from the tower with the new bridges. We'd compare the normal CSR rooms to a standard Hampton Inn, Hilton, Hyatt, etc.

Edit: We stayed in the Ranchos section (generally the furthest away) and it was only a 6 minute walk to the main food court.

Casitas has standard rooms, as does Cabanas. Both sections are a short walk to the main building. Ranchos is farthest.

According to the DIS website: “Preferred Room Locations: Preferred rooms are located Casitas 1, 2 and 3 which are close to the main building.”

This is all I was saying. Preferred room means close to the main building. And since the OP said they wanted to be close to amenities, I recommended this if possible. You can always request a standard room closer to the main building, but there’s no guarantee you will get that. However, as others have pointed out, there are 4 bus stops, so you are always fairly close to one of those.

Last edited:

Hi
I’m very new and wet behind my mouse ears! I been to Disney 1 before stayed offsite as from uk and had a terrible experience and I almost gave up on a Disney but rebooked for July 2020 staying at Coronado Springs and I am very nervous about this I just want a clean room that is modern and comfortable and I can’t afford the upgrade to guarantee a room in Destino which is modern is there any rooms that would be good form me and my hubby and kid? I need to be close to amenities and bus stop to if possible
Please help
I would phone reservations or whoever you booked with and just state that in your room requests. Close to amenities and bus. And if there’s a medical/physical reason why be sure to add that too. I haven’t stayed at CSR, but have stayed at the other 3 moderates, I never book a preferred room but always get close enough to the main amenities.

What type of room do you have booked? Assuming you have a standard room, standard view, outer building booked I would suggest requesting a room in Cabanas 8B. It is near bus stop #4. and the. Dig Site - the main themed pool area. Another good location is Casitas building 4, which is close to bus stop #2 and is near a quiet pool, the salon and fitness centre plus is close to the Three Bridges bar and grill.

Enjoy your stay in CSR. It is a beautiful resort!

It's a nice resort. Room we had was clean and modern.

If being near the amenities is important to you, if nothing else request not to be put in Ranchos. I was fine with it for the isolation but not so good if you want to walk to breakfast in the morning or get to your room ASAP after a long day in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter