Moderate vs Split Stay Value and BC

the4moores

Mouseketeer
Looking to travel mid August. Thinking of staying 9 nights in Moderate (husband's choice CB) or doing a split stay in a value and move to deluxe. 6 nights ASMu then move to BC or YC for last 3 nights (my choice). So what would you do? DH isn't impressed with pictures of BC and Stormalong Bay!:sad2: We have two daughters 14 and 12. Thanks.

I am currently booked 8 nights at AOA - LM standard room but i am considering staying at a Moderate for 8 nights (probably POR - Royal Guest Room. And I have considered :confused3 shortening my AOA - LM reservation to 5 nights and staying at AKL - pool view room for 3 nights or AKL 5 nights and AOA - LM for 3 nights. I just cant decide. Bus Transportation seems to be what i am most curious about. I am worried about being the last bus stop at POR - Royal Room Location. I like the fact that AOA has only one bust stop but LM rooms are the furthest away from it. I have never done a split stay and i am wondering if that will be more trouble than its worth. WE stayed at AKV in 2009 and loved it. It would be great to return even if for a few nights.HMM

We stayed at BCV in 2010. This is an amazing resort in an amazing location. It has a large pool that your kids would enjoy. We, me and DH enjoyed getting drinks from the pool bar and sitting by the pool in the evenings. Beaches and Cream has really good ice cream and its a lot of fun. WE also enjoyed Cape May Character breakfast- lots of variety and delicious food. You could stay at BC on the days you visit epcot and HS. Its Less than a five minute walk to epcot and a short ferry ride to HS. I have never stayed at CB or ASMu however. BC also have movies on the beach, pool games in the afternoon, etc. The negatives are there is no food court and very limited offerings in the store, also buses to AK and MK share with YC, Swan, Dolphin, and BWI. BC is the first stop so buses are empty but you circle around and stop at other resorts to pick up guests. We found beach club atmosphere to be peaceful. If you decide to stay at BC, ask the front desk for a property map. We found the layout around the pool to be alittle confusing but the map helped.

How about compromising.. 4 night at CBR and 3 nights at BC? I had to cut 2 nights to compromise the cost from the value to the moderate.

Have you had a split stay before? Does the idea of having a moving day stress you or DH any at all? Do you travel light? In other words, like me and my DD :-)rotfl:) does everyone have a suitcase that has to be packed with morning/evening essentials, hair, makeup, etc?

If you don't have to worry much at all about the luggage I say go for it. If having to move and rely on Disney transportation for the move stresses anyone out then it's just not worth it on a vacation IMO.

I think it depends on how much resort time y'all have planned. If you'll be in the parks mainly the first part of your trip, then I say go with value first and resort time at BC for the last part of your trip! There is so much to do at BC -and your girls are the perfect age to enjoy the fabulous pool and activities at the Boardwalk!

We haven't stayed at BC, but have stayed at CB a couple of times. While it is a nice resort, I think I would choose value and deluxe (and do our main park time while we stayed at the value)!

For me, a split for 3 days at a deluxe wouldn't be worth it. I'd just stay 9 days at the mod.
I'd do 4 days value & 5 days BC for me to think it's worth it.

We did 8 nights back in Dec 2007--5 night at ASMo and 3 at WL. My father was paying for a 3 generation trip (the hotels anyways) and I was trying to save him money. He told me next time not to save him $ and he preferred WL. :lmao:
(and then they went and bought DVC, but that's another story)

The actual hotel switch was painless for us, but we travel pretty light. My point is we would not have known how much we liked the hotels if we had not tried the deluxe. (ASMo were fine, but not you know.. deluxe). Plus we tried to have our crazy park days when we were crashing at the value resort. If you splurge for deluxe, try to be there a bit!

I'm all for the split stay since it allows you to splurge and afford your vacation. :thumbsup2

We just did a split stay, but ours was 13 nights (7 at POR and 6 at BC).

I can tell you this...we will be staying at BC again. Loved it...and the switch was painless and quick (our room was ready at 9am!)

A split stay is a good way to try out a resort without committing to a long trip until you are sure. Even with 3 nts, you would get a taste of the resort. Think of it as research for future trips.

Wow- Thanks for all of the replies! I've never done a split stay before but my idea was to let my DH take care of it. :) My DDs are in a yes program on Wed. morning at Epcot so I thought DH could pack up and check us into BC. We will have our own car so I think that will help. I thought it would be great to meet him at the BC after the program for a swim! But I think his plan is to go golfing that day. I have planned a resort day on the Thursday and then another park day on Friday. Then enjoy the pool some more before we start the long drive home on Saturday. We are still discussing. I guess its not fair to make him do all the work if he doesn't even want a split stay! But in the end it is my 40th birthday so he may end up doing what I want. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter