Moderator Please Delete This :) (Duplicate post)

seamama71

Mouseketeer
April 2012 Itinerary for Grand Gathering​

While I"m not ready to commit to a full-on PTR, I am starting to (obsessively)plan our days and would love feedback!

The "Who":
Family from two states are gathering-
Family from Maryland consists of:
me, DH, DS6, DS4, DD1
along with Aunt (30), DG'mother, DG'father (both mid-late 50's).

Family from Georgia consists of:
Great G'ma (80), G'mother and G'father (mid-late 50's), and their two sons' families.

The sons families look like:
DH and DW, DD5, DS3
DH and DW, DS7, another DS7, DS4

Whew!

The "When" and "Where", etc:
We are booked for Sun April 1 - Fri April 6. [This is the week before Easter and looking to be at a Level 10 crowd, if it's like last year's crowd calendar.] We're all staying at Beach CLub Villas :woohoo:, LEngth of stay tickets with Park Hopper, and the basic
Dining Plan (1 QS, 1 TS, 1 snack).

We'll all arrive mid-day by plane and use Magical Express to get to BCV for check-in. We'd like to be together as much as we can, especially the parents and young kids. The youngest of the kids will have the option of being with grandparents for naptimes if needed,
but all of us may take mid-day breaks for naps and /or pool. (The grandmothers know that while they will want to be in the parks quite a
bit, they'll also be taking it easier than the thrill ride crowd)

We'll plan to use our TS meals as a way to gather together from whereever we've all ended up. I've been asked to plan an itinerary, but I'm not forcing anyone to follow along. It's going to be communicated ahead of time: "Here's what my crew will be doing (and here's why it makes sense)- anyone else who is up and ready and wants to come, you are welcome! Or, come catch up with us later and do your own thing."

I planned our trip last Sept 2010 (just my Maryland family) and it went very well. Granted, it was SEPTEMBER and we were able to be really flexible with our touring plan because it was not crowded at all. This trip will be quite a different story...!

Here's what I'm thinking generally so far:

Sun April 1 - Arrival, Magical Express to BCV by mid-afternoon, Dinner Cape May, explore hotel and maybe a little EP

Mon April 2 - RD at MK, early (11-ish) QS lunch Pecos Bill or Columbia House, break for those who need, afternoon at MK, Dinner Chef Mickey

Tues April 3 - RD at AK, QS lunch Flame Tree or Yak/Yeti, finish AK after lunch, Dinner Teppan Edo, EP evening and/or pool time depending on weather

Wed April 4 - RD at HS, QS lunch at Pizza Planet or Starring Rolls, break, MK for afternoon, QS dinner Cosmic Ray's

THurs April 5 - RD at EP, latest b'fast time Akershus, break as needed, snack as needed in place of lunch, Dinner Chefs de France, Illuminations

Fri April 6 - QS b'fast, Possible undone HS rides, Depart Magical Express

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Want to tell me how crazy we are for doing this? Bring it on!! :goodvibes TIA!!!!

...and sorry if you've already seen this posted on another site's forum! :rolleyes1 need all the feedback and ideas I can get!
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter