Moderna VS Pfizer: which did you receive and what were your side effects?

Which vaccine did you get

• Moderna

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 54 49.1%

• Total voters

I got my first dose of Moderna yesterday. Slight pain at injection site; no other issues.

I’m sharing what happened with DH...

He received the Pfizer
1st injection - no side effects
2nd injection - he said his arm hurt like someone hit him hard with a baseball bat and he felt completely drained for 2 days. He still went to work, but when he came home he just wanted to do nothing

Both DH and I received Moderna (both doses) 13 days ago . We had no side effects on the first shot, except a little soreness at the injection site-less than for our flu shots. But for the second shot, no side effects for almost the full 24 hours. Then I had a slight fever and fatigue for about 4 hours-just enough to know the shot was doing its job. DH got hit about 28 hours after his second shot-felt like he'd run a marathon, without the leg soreness (he's run several), went to bed right after a light supper, woke up and played golf the next day. What surprised us was that any side effects came when they did. But no big deal.

Should get my second dose in next few days...hoping for more of a reaction as they say that is a good thing!

DH had the Moderna. The next day his arm was sore and he was really tired - he slept almost all day. Other than that he felt find until about 6 days out. That night he had fever, chills, joint aches and a headache. It all went away within 24 hours and he's felt fine since then.

Got the moderna vaccine about 2.5 months after having a very mild case of covid.

First shot I had chills and body aches a solid 24 hours. Then the next 3-4 days I had intermittent migraines, night sweats, fatigue and just felt blah. I also had arm soreness.

Second shot I had body aches, fever and chills for exactly 24 hours. Then night sweats for 2 nights after and intermittent migraines for the 2 days. The arm soreness this time was worse (different arm than first shot) and lasted 4 days. On day 2 I couldn’t lift my arm above my head.

For me the vaccine was worse than actually having covid.

Last edited:
I got Pfizer. Sore arm, migraine and upset stomach for a day or two after the shot (migraine could have been coincidence since I do get them).

Slightly sore arm after the second one but no other symptoms.

Pfizer: nothing but a mild sore spot on my arm for a few hours with the first dose. I get my second one Friday. I will keep you posted on that one.

Pfizer (I’m 44 and never had COVID to my knowledge.)

1st shot: Just arm soreness that night and the next day

2nd shot: Received it at 2:00pm(Sunday), was fine until 3:00am when I woke up with a TERRIBLE headache, chills and body sensitivity. (No fever) I typically get migraines so I’m used to bad headaches. I held off on taking Tylenol because I had been reading conflicting info on whether it affected the vaccine and it never works for me anyway. But 12pm(Monday), I couldn’t take it anymore and took some. It did nothing. I took a second dose at 4pm and like usual for me, Tylenol did nothing again. Went to bed before 8pm because I was so uncomfortable with the headache and chills. Woke up at 7:30am(Tuesday), still with a headache, but this felt more like a typical migraine for me. Took Excedrin and by 10am was back to 100%. Arm soreness had worn off by then as well.

Pfizer for me (49 years old)

1st shot - my arm and the back of my neck hurt
2nd shot - received shot at 5:30 pm and woke up the next morning at my normal time 4:30 and waked the dog for 3 miles. By 1:30 in the afternoon I was freezing cold came home from school took a nap and ran a fever of 100.7 by Wednesday felt pretty much back to normal.

My father (Pfizer) 78 years old had no side effects either time.

Moderna 1st shot just over a month ago no side effects. Yesterday got second shot feel like I was run over by a truck - fever aches chills headache etc.
my sister had Pfizer and similar side effects I wonder if it’s genetic

I got the Moderna and had a pretty sore arm for about 3 days after my first shot. I'm getting the second on Friday.

Pfizer. Completed both shots in January. No s/e other than injection site soreness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter