Moderna VS Pfizer: which did you receive and what were your side effects?

Which vaccine did you get

• Moderna

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 54 49.1%

• Total voters
Did the high fever last long?
I feel like if I get a fever that high I'd be contacting my doctor even if it were just to give a heads up that I'm having a more severe reaction.

You 100% do not have to do that after getting the vaccine, either Moderna or Pfizer. These side affects are expected and very well documented at this point. Now if they last more than 24-36 hours then yes, call someone.

You 100% do not have to do that after getting the vaccine, either Moderna or Pfizer. These side affects are expected and very well documented at this point. Now if they last more than 24-36 hours then yes, call someone.
Agreed. I was expecting something (I even took a day off from work). If it lasted more than 48 hours or I had trouble breathing then I would call my doctor. Otherwise Tylenol and fluids

Did the high fever last long?
I feel like if I get a fever that high I'd be contacting my doctor even if it were just to give a heads up that I'm having a more severe reaction.

It lasted about 24 hours, if I remember correctly (my dose 2 was in the beginning of January.) I was not concerned. I took Tylenol, which knocked it down a shade, and rested. I expected side effects and was aware that a fever could happen. I was vaccinated on a Friday morning and the fever started around 3am Saturday morning. I figured that if I still had it Monday morning, I'd call Occupational Medicine, since I was vaccinated at work, and couldn't report to work with a fever.

If you read my post I did ask how long it lasted... I did not say I'd call my doctor immediately.

I got my second dose of the Pfizer Vaccine yesterday afternoon. Age 69. I had no issues during the night and feel fine this morning, I have a little bit of a headache, but it’s no big deal. My arm is slightly sore. I am relieved to have this done.

Moderna, both shots. I had no side effects other than a sore arm. DH had headache, chills, muscle aches with second that only lasted 24 hrs.

My DM76 - Pfizer - 1st shot, no problem, 2'nd shot, flu-like symptoms for 2 full days. I would say if you can plan your activities so they can be cancelled if you are not feeling well after the 2nd shot, that would be wise.

EDIT TO SAY;
My DW had worse symptoms after the shingles vaccine.

DH 76, I am 74, and we both got Moderna.

I am now 48 hours after my second shot. I had only a sore arm after the first. After the second, sore arm, and 24 hours after the shot a slight fever and body aches. By bed time yesterday, only aches. Today I am fine.

DH is 24 hours after his second shot and has sore arm, and tiredness.

I hope that’s it, and we are happy to have gotten the vaccinations!

2 shots of Pfizer. Age 77 no reactions to either one. DH has had 1 shot of Moderna with no reaction.
p

I got my second Moderna shot yesterday. My only side effect is a VERY sore arm. Several of my colleagues got theirs yesterday too and have pretty severe flu like symptoms today.

I've only had the first shot so far - Moderna. The only side effect I had was a sore arm for about 2 days. I'm interested to see what happens with the second one.

We had the Pfizer vaccination. No side effects from either injection other than a slightly sore arm.

First moderna vaccination yesterday. I had a sore arm, cold like feeling, and tired. I feel much better now, about 24 hours later. Second vaccination in 4 weeks. I am keeping the day after free if needed for down time. Age 65. DH was the same and he is 67.

Just got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Sore arm within an hour and then a general lethargy in the morning and still now. Feels like a cold without any decongestion or dripping.

And yeah this isn’t necessarily good or bad as those without symptoms seem to build similar antibodies. But it is likely a sign that it wasn’t a placebo.

I had my first dose of Moderna 2 weeks ago. Extremely sore arm for a couple of days and a mild headache. My DD25 has had both doses of Moderna. First dose she got pretty bad covid arm and mild flu symptoms for about a day. Second dose she developed nausea, chills and hot flashes that lasted a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter