Modesto, Yosemite and Monteray??

MainStMandy

DIS Veteran
My dad and I are heading out to California at the end of the month. I would love some feedback or suggestions on our trip!

Wed- Fly to Sacramento
Thur-Spending the day in Modesto (work)
Fri-Head to Yosemite until Mondayish
Monday-head to Monteray (not sure yet)
Tue-Fri- in Modesto (actually stockton) for work
Fri-go home :(

It's my first trip to Cali!!

check the weather channel for all 3 areas a week or so out before you do your packing. the weather has been kind of odd there lately-a friend who lives near modesto was sweltering last week, this weekend they were getting rain and cold. the weather can also be drasticly different in the places you're heading to-modesto can be sweltering hot while monteray can be very cold and windy so pack accordingly.

you'll love the sacramento airport (esp if you've ever dealt with sfo:rotfl: ). nicely set up, small and easy to get in and out of. you have to take a shuttle bus to the car rental place but they come frequently and it's only a couple of minutes away. if you're going to be doing allot of driving you might want to consider renting a gps along with the car-it can be a godsend vs. dealing with a map.

Oh thank you so much!! We are taking a GPS with us and I have been told to pack for EVERYTHING.:lmao:

Mycutekitties-

Not to thread Hijack but do you recommend any restaurants in Modesto? We will be stopping there on our way to D-land for the night?

Thanks in advance!

My dad and I are heading out to California at the end of the month. I would love some feedback or suggestions on our trip!

Wed- Fly to Sacramento
Thur-Spending the day in Modesto (work)
Fri-Head to Yosemite until Mondayish
Monday-head to Monteray (not sure yet)
Tue-Fri- in Modesto (actually stockton) for work
Fri-go home :(

It's my first trip to Cali!!

Yosemite to Monterey on Monday and then being back in Stockton on Tuesday is a little crazy IMHO. That's at least 4 or 5 hours to get to Monterey if you're lucky and don't hit major traffic, and then at least as long to get up to Stockton. Modesto/Stockton to and from Yosemite isn't bad, but jogging out to Monterey and back is a trek since there aren't interstates connecting them - you'd be on state highways for a chunk of the time.

Monterey is a beautiful place to visit - we spent part of our honeymoon there and do day trips/weekend getaways there a couple times a year - but trying to get there on Monday and then be back in Stockton on Tuesday is probably unrealistic. It might work if you left Yosemite on Sunday and had most of Monday to look around, but it's still a lot of driving.

Hope you have a good trip! Yosemite is amazingly beautiful, and I really love it in the fall! (But like someone else said - pack for cool weather - even freezing temps overnight sometimes in autumn.) :goodvibes

Sit down, not real expensive and kid friendly, we have a 3 year old with us. Probably not mexican but anything else is good.

Thanks!

I live in Modesto, not much to do here. :)

Lol, so I have heard. We have a plant out there and I will be working there for just the day on Thursday.

Yosemite to Monterey on Monday and then being back in Stockton on Tuesday is a little crazy IMHO. That's at least 4 or 5 hours to get to Monterey if you're lucky and don't hit major traffic, and then at least as long to get up to Stockton. Modesto/Stockton to and from Yosemite isn't bad, but jogging out to Monterey and back is a trek since there aren't interstates connecting them - you'd be on state highways for a chunk of the time.

Monterey is a beautiful place to visit - we spent part of our honeymoon there and do day trips/weekend getaways there a couple times a year - but trying to get there on Monday and then be back in Stockton on Tuesday is probably unrealistic. It might work if you left Yosemite on Sunday and had most of Monday to look around, but it's still a lot of driving.

Hope you have a good trip! Yosemite is amazingly beautiful, and I really love it in the fall! (But like someone else said - pack for cool weather - even freezing temps overnight sometimes in autumn.) :goodvibes

Yea...that is my crazy Father with big ideas. He has driven from Modesto to Yosemite before so he knows the drive.

The plan is to leave EARLY Monday morning and spend until mid-morning Tuesday. I don't have to back in Stockton until Tuesday dinner time for cockatils:rolleyes:

Isn't there a Spaghetti Factory in the Modesto/Stockton area right off the freeway? That is a great family place to eat. Great food, extremely reasonable prices and a fun atmosphere.

We always make a point of stopping at the one in Roseville when we head over the hill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter