Modifying a reservation

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
This is my first time, just bought our SSR points in March.

Our UY is October with no 2016 points.

We made a reservation for 4/29-5/4 after going back and forth on the dates several times. I just realized if we go for the following week, we can afford to add an extra day onsite, thereby only staying 1 night offsite. We currently have 2 studios booked. And are planning to switch to a 2bedroom at AKV-K as soon as the 7 month window opens if there is availability for standard.

If I cancel our two current studios, can I just right back in and rebook for the following week without any issues online? I figured it would be easier to call MS when we try to switch to AKV-K in September, but I'd like to avoid being on the phone if I can. Does it matter if I modify a reservation a couple times?

First, be aware that the probability is very high that an AKV standard 2BR at Kidani will be open at 7 months out for any time in May (it has been open for May at 7 months out for the last five years well beyond the 7 month window.

As far as changing online by cancelling one reservation and making another, you can do it without any processing problems -- as soon as you cancel one trip, your points appear immediately in your account in the status they had before the reservation was made and can be used online for another trip right after cancelling the first trip. The only issue you face is the possibility of others reserving and filling any remaining rooms during the time it takes from your completing the cancellation to getting to locking in the new reservation. That can also happen when you call to make the change.

Thus, in your situation you can likely do what you want online with the SSR reservations.

What you cannot do online is modify the reservation you already have by, for example, dropping a day or adding a day. That can only be done by phone because your only option online is to cancel an entire reservation if you want to make any kind of change.

Last edited:
First, be aware that the probability is very high that an AKV standard 2BR at Kidani will be open at 7 months out for any time in May (it has been open for May at 7 months out for the last five years well beyond the 7 month window.

As far as changing online by cancelling one reservation and making another, you can do it without any processing problems -- as soon as you cancel one trip, your points appear immediately in your account in the status they had before the reservation was made and can be used online for another trip rtight after cancelling the first trip. The only issue you face is others reserving and filing any remaining rooms during the time it takes from completing cancellation to getting to locking in in the new reservation. That can also happen when you call to make the change.

Thus, in your situation you can likely do what you want online with the SSR reservations.

What you cannot do online is modify the reservation you already have by, for example, dropping a day or adding a day. That can only be done by phone because online your only option online is to cancel an entire reservation if you want to make any kind of change change.
Terrific! I just need to verify with the rest of my party they are okay with the change then I'm golden!

Thank you again!

To be clear, you aren't modifying the reservation, you are cancelling it and making a new one with a different reservation number.

:earsboy: Bill

Ugh, and I can't do anything. "That function is unavailable" when I go into my vacation plans!

So frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter