Modifying Budget rental we got through UT.

SuzyQue

Serious Mickey Nut
Delta just changed our flights to an hour later each way. Has anyone else dealt with this with Budget? Were you able to do it through customer service without them completely jacking up the rate?

Delta just changed our flights to an hour later each way. Has anyone else dealt with this with Budget? Were you able to do it through customer service without them completely jacking up the rate?
Did you put in your flight information in your car reservation? If so, they should be tracking the time for you. Even if you didn't, I don't know that I'd worry about an hour change.

I wouldn't worry about an hour either. I guess you could call Budget and tell them??
But to actually answer your question-- the reservation can't be modified. You have to cancel the one you have, through UT and make a new one.
I'm getting ready to make my 3rd due to flight changes.

I wouldn't worry about an hour either. I guess you could call Budget and tell them??
But to actually answer your question-- the reservation can't be modified. You have to cancel the one you have, through UT and make a new one.
I'm getting ready to make my 3rd due to flight changes.
Thanks for the info. Think I'll go ahead & cancel and rebook (rate has gone up $30 at UT) as I've read Budget's grace period is only 29 minutes and being I booked third party I don't think they'll be very sympathetic with me. Will UT require me to buy more tickets?

Thanks for the info. Think I'll go ahead & cancel and rebook (rate has gone up $30 at UT) as I've read Budget's grace period is only 29 minutes and being I booked third party I don't think they'll be very sympathetic with me. Will UT require me to buy more tickets?
Yes. I am getting quite the collection of drink coupons at the theater. I've now bought it 3 times.

Just yesterday, my flight on Southwest got changed, too. I'm now arriving 50 minutes later. Have a UT rental with Budget, as well. I may have to do the cancel/rebook thing.

I just spoke with Joseph at Undercover Tourist. He told me Budget has a 15-hour hold window, so those of us whose flights are delayed are good there. Now for those now arriving earlier than your original plans, you may have to cancel and rebook.

I just spoke with Joseph at Undercover Tourist. He told me Budget has a 15-hour hold window, so those of us whose flights are delayed are good there. Now for those now arriving earlier than your original plans, you may have to cancel and rebook.
Well phooey. :laughing: I chatted with UT on Saturday and told them I needed to cancel/rebook because Delta had delayed our flights an hour and he said he could help me with that. While he cancelled and notified billing for my refund, I rebooked on the website and I had confirmation emails by the time we were done chatting. We've got 4 adults and 3 kids and I was worried about them giving our mini van away before we got there. :scared:

I can confirm being told the same thing from Budget. We had a 3 hour delay coming into SFB, so I called Budget to ask about any problems with picking up my reservation later. They stated that at airport locations they have a 15-hour hold window.

I have been reading reviews of Budget at MCO and the reviews are horrendous. I am considering cancelling our reservation and going with Avis. Anyone have any input about this?

I have been reading reviews of Budget at MCO and the reviews are horrendous. I am considering cancelling our reservation and going with Avis. Anyone have any input about this?
I read a bunch of the reviews for Avis at MCO and a lot of their reviews were really bad also. Avis and Budget are the same company. I’m booked with Budget through UT right now, but still trying to decide what to do. We usually have good luck with Alamo, but when I saw a good rate for Budget for end of March I grabbed it.

We rented from Budget in January and had no problems. We landed around midnight, so we spent the night at the airport Hyatt. The next morning just after 9 am, we went to the counter on the A terminal side and there were 2 customers ahead of us in line. The wait was about 5 minutes. I’m a member of Budget’s FastBreak program, but because I reserved through Undercover Tourist, I couldn’t enter my FastBreak number. However, in bringing the reservation up under my account, it did allow me to do online check in. I did have a problem updating my CC#, hence the trip to the counter where the agent said I could’ve gone directly to the garage kiosk to add it.

I would have no problem renting from Budget again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter