Modifying hotel reservation

lifebybethany

Mouseketeer
Anyone had a similar scenario as below -

We have a long 2 week hotel only reservation at Pop coming up, but we think we’re gonna switch it up and cancel the last six days and go to an off site VRBO. I’m nervous about canceling the last days at Pop yet because of the potential for VRBO to cancel.

I know the rules are to cancel five days before arrival, but has anyone encountered modifying their stay shorter during their trip?

No way would I try that, you could end up out a bunch of money as Disney has no obligation to let you off the hook for those nights.

If you really want the VRBO book Pop for the nights you actually want Pop and then book an acceptable alternate hotel to VRBO in the area that has a more generous cancellation policy (like 24-48 hours prior to arrival).

No way would I try that, you could end up out a bunch of money as Disney has no obligation to let you off the hook for those nights.
Room only requires cancellation at least 5 days prior to checkin. Room packages (including tickets and food when that was possible) can only be cancelled up to 30 days prior for full refund*. WDW is lenient in this area, those are very reasonable terms.

*eta- from 2 to 29 days, they’ll refund minus $200 as a cancellation fee

Room only requires cancellation at least 5 days prior to checkin. Room packages (including tickets and food when that was possible) can only be cancelled up to 30 days prior for full refund*. WDW is lenient in this area, those are very reasonable terms.

*eta- from 2 to 29 days, they’ll refund minus $200 as a cancellation fee
None of that applies here. OP wants to check in to the hotel, keep part of the stay and then drop off the last 6 days.

I was at the front desk at Yacht Club last August when another guest said we're leaving x days early, and the CM said ok... I asked what the fee was to do that and CM said none. Obviously ymmv.

I was at the front desk at Yacht Club last August when another guest said we're leaving x days early, and the CM said ok... I asked what the fee was to do that and CM said none. Obviously ymmv.
And we were the "ymmv" LOL On one trip, we had to leave a couple days early and the CM waved 1 of the nights and we still were billed for 1 night. So, as you can see, there is no definitive answer and you may be able to cancel with no charge or you may be charged for up to all the cancelled nights. As Dirty Harry would say "You have to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky"

Anyone had a similar scenario as below -

We have a long 2 week hotel only reservation at Pop coming up, but we think we’re gonna switch it up and cancel the last six days and go to an off site VRBO. I’m nervous about canceling the last days at Pop yet because of the potential for VRBO to cancel.

I know the rules are to cancel five days before arrival, but has anyone encountered modifying their stay shorter during their trip?
Unless things have changed our credit card is always charged for our entire stay the morning of check-in. So if they even let you cancel during your trip there is a chance all that money is on hold for not only the first half of your trip but maybe weeks after (based on comments here over the years). Will that impact you booking a VRBO during that hold?

PERSONALLY, no way I'm taking a chance that Disney will let me cancel well outside their policy when they already have my money.

Unless things have changed our credit card is always charged for our entire stay the morning of check-in. So if they even let you cancel during your trip there is a chance all that money is on hold for not only the first half of your trip but maybe weeks after (based on comments here over the years). Will that impact you booking a VRBO during that hold?

PERSONALLY, no way I'm taking a chance that Disney will let me cancel well outside their policy when they already have my money.
Great point, I totally forgot about that piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter