Modifying reservation day of for the future

hllb

DIS Veteran
Is that still possible? We are worried about a reservation in case of flight delays (couldn't get one as late as we wanted). We're still looking for one later, but trying to figure out if I need to cancel the day before or if we could modify it the day of.

Its getting around the rules so no discussing whether it can or cannot be done.

When in doubt don't make an ADR that is cutting it close.

My suggestion is keep looking for later and cancel the night before.

Basically, we have 2.5 hours to get there from the airport, but if the flight is late, we'd be hosed. We aren't even going to Disney - we're going on a cruise. We were in Disney in January and Ohana is my favorite place to eat...but the night we went I was sick and couldn't eat anything. So sad...

Basically, we have 2.5 hours to get there from the airport, but if the flight is late, we'd be hosed. We aren't even going to Disney - we're going on a cruise. We were in Disney in January and Ohana is my favorite place to eat...but the night we went I was sick and couldn't eat anything. So sad...
That is cutting it close. How will you get to the Poly?
I never make a reservation sooner than 5 hours after scheduled arrival

We have always had success changing an ADR, either changing the time or changing to a different restaurant, on the day of as long as we were just changing and not cancelling.

Example. We drove to and parked at Kidani for dinner at Sanaa. Walked over to Jambo to kill time before dinner. Decided we wanted to eat at Jiko instead as I saw an open time slot in MDE. Jiko CM booked the new time for us and called Sanaa to make sure we wasn't charged the cancellation fee.

Obviously they have the right to say no at any time but it hasn't happened yet. But we always ask for things within reason too.

We have always had success changing an ADR, either changing the time or changing to a different restaurant, on the day of as long as we were just changing and not cancelling.

Example. We drove to and parked at Kidani for dinner at Sanaa. Walked over to Jambo to kill time before dinner. Decided we wanted to eat at Jiko instead as I saw an open time slot in MDE. Jiko CM booked the new time for us and called Sanaa to make sure we wasn't charged the cancellation fee.

Obviously they have the right to say no at any time but it hasn't happened yet. But we always ask for things within reason too.
This example is different than what the OP is looking to do.
They are looking to change the ADR to the next day so that they can then cancel without penalty.

I’m still looking for one about an hour later. Maybe tomorrow that’ll show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter