• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mold on Disney buses

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can't be true. These buses are disinfected everyday. Right?

I mean if they are truly disinfecting, how can they have this mold growth after being cleaned. Disney can't be one of those companies that says one thing and does another, right?

The busses were awfully grimy end of August. Even the ads that adorn the top edging were dirty and not enough to go around. The busses need some TLC for sure.

The busses were awfully grimy end of August. Even the ads that adorn the top edging were dirty and not enough to go around. The busses need some TLC for sure.
🥴 Wow!!

Ugh….not to launch “Overflowing Trash Cans 2.0,” but do we think anyone has sent this to Disney?? I’m pretty allergic to mold, and I’m not too keen on this. We almost exclusively use Disney transportation. Granted the majority of your day is NOT spent on the bus and we’ll be wearing a mask anyway….guess I’m packing my extra allergy meds just in case. I don’t need to start coughing at Disney and get the stink-eye from everyone around me!!

None of the buses I rode on in September were moldy or showed signs of mold. In fact we mainly rode the new wrapped ones (as in they were advertising shows like Loki and What if). We only rode one or two older buses and they were all incredibly clean. Granted we could’ve gotten extremely lucky, but we did not see anything. The friendship boats, while clean, could use a new coat of paint though. Skyliner was pristine.

Ugh….not to launch “Overflowing Trash Cans 2.0,” but do we think anyone has sent this to Disney?? I’m pretty allergic to mold, and I’m not too keen on this. We almost exclusively use Disney transportation. Granted the majority of your day is NOT spent on the bus and we’ll be wearing a mask anyway….guess I’m packing my extra allergy meds just in case. I don’t need to start coughing at Disney and get the stink-eye from everyone around me!!
I am allergic to mold as well, and I have never had an issue on a Disney bus. I have never seen any on a bus either (I have seen traces in hotel rooms in Florida, and had to move rooms, although not at Disney). I can see how it could happen though, since so much condensation builds up when it’s hot and humid outside. I have had to wipe up water in seats because of condensation. So it’s something they should be on top of.

The article mentioned that it was brought to the bus drivers attention as well as guest services.

I was there in April and Sept. and rode both Mears (Swan/Dolphin transportation) and Disney buses. They were all clean and in pretty good shape. The Mears buses had forward facing comfy padded covered seats and even one Disney bus we got on had covered padded seats instead of the plastic ones that you stick to. I think since you haven't seen tons of these photos this might have been a one off. Should it have been cleaned better, certainly, but I don't think it's the norm.

Never noticed any mold on our recent trip and we went on a lot of buses. I usually notice that kind of stuff in general and while at Disney because I’m either look at the floor or looking up so I’m not staring at people I don’t know!

I’m not here to say that that kind of build up is ‘okay,’ but it does happen. Especially in with such high humidity and AC running all the time.

Obviously there are instances of mold, but I don’t think it is widespread. But you never know, I’ve seen what hides behind those front panels on ice machines!

We’ve been here for three days and haven’t seen anything like that. While three days isn’t a significant sample size, considering the source of this rumor I’m not losing sleep over it.

Unless things have changed since we were there in the late April/ early May. All hand straps were zip tied up and in usable. Seating was segregated on group size. Notice how no one is on the bus??? I would think this might be a out of service bus.

Last edited:
Unless things have changed since we were there in the late April/ early May. All hand straps weee zip tied up and in usable. Seating was segregated on group size. Notice how no one is on the bus??? I would think this might be a out of service bus.

Buses are back to normal. No plexiglass, fully packed with people, standing room w hand straps, etc.

Midday, we often are the only ones on a bus so I don't think that's unusual.

Unless things have changed since we were there in the late April/ early May. All hand straps weee zip tied up and in usable. Seating was segregated on group size. Notice how no one is on the bus??? I would think this might be a out of service bus.
No longer the case, hand straps are down now. I know this because we were on a bus in Sept. on the way to MK with a family of two small girls in a double stroller. Dad gave bus driver a hard time about having to fold up the stroller because it was a pain, bus driver refused to move the bus until he did. Then the mom stood up in front of the seat holding the smaller girl while the older (maybe 5) stood on the seat and swung from the straps. Mind you there was no one else on the bus other than our party of 3 adults and one infant (we folded the stroller before the bus arrived) and we were all the way in the back, so no reason for Mom to stand other than for the girl to swing front the straps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter