Mom & Son Take on The Land (with Dad)! Food Pic Laden Report - Completed 8/16

After breakfast we used a 20% off coupon to do a huge shop in the Emporium. We 'saved' well over $50 ... which gives you an idea how much we spent! DH took the packages back to the room.

DS and I sat on Main Street for a bit and were surprised to see this -

img_1562.jpg

How fun!

Then I was sooooo happy to catch Mickey conducting the Band!

img_1564.jpg

img_1565.jpg

img_1566.jpg

img_1570.jpg

img_1571.jpg

We then rode up Main Street to see about Indy fastpasses ...

img_1572.jpg

Bert the Horse!

img_1573.jpg

Indy was down so no luck at this point on the fastpasses. We still haven't riden this one yet and DS is getting anxious! We were to meet DH outside of Toon Town but we had to stop get get these -

img_1574.jpg

Oh my! The bacon asparagus skewer from Bengal BBQ may have been my favorite DLR food of the week! I ended up getting a couple of more over the last couple of days of our trip. Delicious!

We arrived at Toon Town just about the same time as DH! :goodvibes

img_1576.jpg

img_1577.jpg

img_1578.jpg

Line was a bit long for Roger Rabbit and we knew we were coming back Sat morning for Morning Madness. So we strolled & took some more pics

img_1581.jpg

img_1582.jpg

img_1583.jpg

img_1584.jpg

Decided to take a chance on seeing Mickey in his house ... surprisingly the wait wasn't long at all...maybe 10 minutes after we had walked thru.

img_1586.jpg

img_1588.jpg

img_1589.jpg

img_1590.jpg

img_1591.jpg

After Toon Town we headed over to Tomorrowland. I thought the park was very crowded at this point. Definitely felt the crowds more than in WDW due to the smallness of the Park. Very congested on the walkways. We went to Innoventions. I was really not a fan. Although DS liked seeing what he would look like in 50 years

img_1593.jpg

We then saw Captain EO. I have never really been a fan of Michael Jackson but we had to see it for the nostalgia. It was definitely corny. Not something we would take the time to see again.

We all wanted a snack ... DH went and got us each a slice of pizza!

img_1595.jpg

We caught these guys on the way out

img_1596.jpg

Very entertaining!

I may have things out of order because the next pics I have are from dinner so I don't think we had the pizza right before we left the Park. Maybe before Capt EO & the janitor band.

Anyway, we ended up back at California Adventure for our World of Color dinner package at Ariels. This was a meal we definitely enjoyed. With the fastpass for the premium viewing area for WoC, it was definitely worth the price!

Of course we started with the bread

img_1598.jpg

We chose the veggie appetizer platter as DS and I do not eat seafood

img_1599.jpg

img_1600.jpg

And I treated myself to a glotini! I think DH had a beer but I don't have a pic

img_1601.jpg

For entrees we all wanted to get different things -

DH got the Tritip which I thought was the best of the 3 meals

img_1603.jpg

DS the sausage pasta

img_1604.jpg

I got the spinach and cheese anglotti

img_1605.jpg

On to dessert!

img_1606.jpg

img_1610.jpg

DS "drinking" his tiramisu!

img_1608.jpg

All in all a very enjoyable meal!

I knew that we needed to hang around the WofC area so we could get towards the front railing. DH went back to the room (seems he did that a lot, huh?) to get our sweatshirts while DS and I milled around. Despite CM's telling us to come back between 7:30 and 8, I held my ground until finally at about 7:10 a CM told the dining people to line up by a tree. We were first in line!

We ended up right at the railing just to the left of Center because initially I couldn't make up my mind where to stand. We had a perfect, unobstructed view! I didn't take pictures as I video'd it instead. My camera wouldn't have done well. Did take a couple at the end

img_1633.jpg

img_1634.jpg

img_1636.jpg

img_1637.jpg

After the show DS did the single rider line at Grizzly at least twice, possibly three times. There really wasn't much of a wait. DH and I did not want to get wet ... it was too chilly for us!

All in all we had a really enjoyable day! Sadly, only two more left ...

The bacon wrapped asparagus is quite possibly my favorite park food. I have even made it at home.

The meal at Ariel's looks good and if I didn't have soooooo many people in our group we might do that. The party of nine just made the price prohibitive to me.

The characters at the Minnie breakfast look great. The first time we went to Goofy's it was like that. Goofy's seems to have gone downhill.

The bacon wrapped asparagus is quite possibly my favorite park food. I have even made it at home.

The meal at Ariel's looks good and if I didn't have soooooo many people in our group we might do that. The party of nine just made the price prohibitive to me.

The characters at the Minnie breakfast look great. The first time we went to Goofy's it was like that. Goofy's seems to have gone downhill.

We make bacon wrapped asparagus (and green bean bundles, too) but ours doesn't taste that those. Soooo good.

Yeah, I can see that with 9 Ariels would be pricey!

We were not at all impressed with Goofy's so I have to take everyone here's word that it used to be better. That was one expensive lesson for us!

The last time we went we didn't really like Goofy's Kitchen, after having two great visits we went to celebrate Loren's 8th birthday or something like that and they all but ignored him. We haven't been back. I want to try Minnie's when I go next.

I am going to have to try bacon wrapped green beans that sounds wonderful.

The Minnie and Friends breakfast is my facvorite too, because you can always meet a lot of characters there. The autograph album looks great from afar, please tell me more about it. How did you make it and do you have any closer photos of the pages?

Not sure if it's been discussed or not, but from the pictures on the last page, seems there is a little smudge or something around the middle. o.o

The Minnie and Friends breakfast is my facvorite too, because you can always meet a lot of characters there. The autograph album looks great from afar, please tell me more about it. How did you make it and do you have any closer photos of the pages?

I used the pages from one of the wonderful designers here on the Creative Disigns Board. In the past I printed the pages and had them bound at Staples. This year I had book made by Artscow. I will take pictures at home & put them up. The designers are truly wonderful.

Not sure if it's been discussed or not, but from the pictures on the last page, seems there is a little smudge or something around the middle. o.o

:confused3

Great pictures, but i see what the previous poster was talking about- seems like a smudge on your camera lens that's showing up in all your pictures- might want to check it out! :)

We are up to Friday, July 30th -

Today my cousin who I hadn't seen in more than 15 years picked us up and took us to Newport Beach for the day. But before we left, we had breakfast with Mickey & Stitch!

We really loved this breakfast. Food was very good. I didn't take any pictures of the buffet but did take one of my plate

img_1641.jpg

Mickey was in the lobby so I only have that pic on Photopass

So first we saw Stitch, then Pluto, then Daisy and finally Minnie

img_1642.jpg

img_1644.jpg

img_1645.jpg

img_1649.jpg

I don't know where the pic of Minnie went to? :confused3 She signed our mat so I know we saw her. Hmmm... a mystery!

When we got back, we took about an hour nap and then headed over to DL for our Fantasmic dessert!

First we were hungry, DH got me some skewers at Bengal BBQ. He and DS shared the steak gumbo and we all had the beignets

img_1654.jpg

img_1655.jpg

Then we all munched some popcorn!

img_1656.jpg

I feel bad but I just cannot remember what time the line started to form. I ended up 3rd in line for our seat assignments. We were seats 7-9 in the front row. Very good seats!

img_1657.jpg

img_1658.jpg

Dessert boxes were very good. Definitely pricey but you are paying for the experience more than the dessert. I loved that we had the reserved seating and weren't with the blanket mob on the ground.

My camera isn't real great with night shots, but DS was able to take a couple that I think came out pretty good

img_1668.jpg

img_1674.jpg

img_1675.jpg

img_1683.jpg

img_1685.jpg

I am not a huge fan of Fantasmic in WDW ... been there done that for me. But I really did enjoy the show here. Much better for sure.

Of course we stayed to watch the fireworks - not the best angle but enjoyable anyhow

img_1727.jpg

img_1758.jpg

We rode Jungle Cruise at night on our way back.

Said goodnight to Walt

img_1766.jpg

Stopped and got some Wetzels on the way back to the room

img_1768.jpg

All in all a nice day. Spent some nice time with family and still got a good Disney fix!

Next up ... our last day! :sad1:

Finally got caught up!! You say you couldn't get decent night shots.....but you got a picture at World of Color that I wasn't able to......get all the letters lit on "World of Color".....lol I think your camera could have gotten some nice shots!!

Every trip report I read....I see Bengel BBQ & we STILL haven't gotten to it. We thought about grabbing something from there but the line was so long...it needed a FP....so again.....another trip & we missed it!

The Fantasmic Dessert is pricey....but worth it, especially if you have never seen the show. Nice knowing you have a seat & don't have to spend your whole evening hanging out.....holding down a chunk of pavement......lol We never did eat our dessert boxes. We had dinner before we had gone last year, so figured we would just take them back to the motel to enjoy......we got them there.....but never ate any of it.....OOPS!

Loving all the pics!! (even if you did have a bit of a smudge.....lol) That happened to our My Birthday Party pics at the Plaza Inn last year....but mine was huge!

I love all your pictures. I think that my Thursday night feast shall include bacon wrapped asparagus.

Finally got caught up!! You say you couldn't get decent night shots.....but you got a picture at World of Color that I wasn't able to......get all the letters lit on "World of Color".....lol I think your camera could have gotten some nice shots!!

Every trip report I read....I see Bengel BBQ & we STILL haven't gotten to it. We thought about grabbing something from there but the line was so long...it needed a FP....so again.....another trip & we missed it!

The Fantasmic Dessert is pricey....but worth it, especially if you have never seen the show. Nice knowing you have a seat & don't have to spend your whole evening hanging out.....holding down a chunk of pavement......lol We never did eat our dessert boxes. We had dinner before we had gone last year, so figured we would just take them back to the motel to enjoy......we got them there.....but never ate any of it.....OOPS!

Loving all the pics!! (even if you did have a bit of a smudge.....lol) That happened to our My Birthday Party pics at the Plaza Inn last year....but mine was huge!

Wow you must try those skewers -- I am actually drooling just thinking about them!

The dessert box was actually quite tasty. Not enough for a 'meal' for us but a very nice snack.

I love all your pictures. I think that my Thursday night feast shall include bacon wrapped asparagus.

Thursday night feast? Why wait til then? :upsidedow

Wow you must try those skewers -- I am actually drooling just thinking about them!

The dessert box was actually quite tasty. Not enough for a 'meal' for us but a very nice snack.

Thursday night feast? Why wait til then? :upsidedow

Not quite up to any feasts today. Scotty my DH wrecked on his bicycle last night and was pretty hurt. I spent at least six hours in the ER with him. He has a real bad concussion. We were really lucky because someone spotted him laying in the middle of the frontage road from the highway, and he had his road id on so that they were able to call me. It will wait until Thursday.

Not quite up to any feasts today. Scotty my DH wrecked on his bicycle last night and was pretty hurt. I spent at least six hours in the ER with him. He has a real bad concussion. We were really lucky because someone spotted him laying in the middle of the frontage road from the highway, and he had his road id on so that they were able to call me. It will wait until Thursday.

OH MY GOSH! I am glad to hear that he is (relatively) Ok! How very scary for everyone!

Yes, wait til whenever ... DH is certainly more important!

Edited to add that I just went into Facebook for the first time this weekend ... Wow, definitely scary!

OH MY GOSH! I am glad to hear that he is (relatively) Ok! How very scary for everyone!

Yes, wait til whenever ... DH is certainly more important!

Edited to add that I just went into Facebook for the first time this weekend ... Wow, definitely scary!

It scared me half to death. And then this morning he wasn't able to sit up.

Oh my God Michele!! How's he doing now? Very scary & glad someone saw him & got him the help he needed! Keep me updated on how he's doing! :hug:

Our last day was Saturday, July 31st. :sad1:

We started the day with ToonTown Morning Madness. We had debating doing this and I am so glad we did!

Rode Roger Rabbit before the ceremonies began. This one was just meh to me. Didn't really like the jerkiness of it. DS never saw the movie so he was somewhat bored.

Love, love, loved the Ceremony though!

img_1770.jpg

img_1772.jpg

img_1782.jpg

img_1789.jpg

img_1790.jpg

img_1792.jpg

img_1795.jpg

img_1796.jpg

img_1803.jpg

img_1807.jpg

We then took a few more pics around ToonTown

img_1769.jpg

img_1809.jpg

img_1812.jpg

img_1813.jpg

We then did Small World one more time before going to the Storyland Canal boats. I really enjoyed this. Wish they let you walk around so you could really see the 'towns'.

img_1814.jpg

img_1816.jpg

I love getting into ToonTown early!! Great photo op......I didn't even ride Roger Rabbit this trip......just took twins to see Mickey, watch the opening ceremony & point & shoot the camera!! Very cheery down there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter