Momentos and keepsakes

DisMommyTX

DIS Veteran
My 70 yo mother had a major stroke in March. She went from fully independent to rehab, then nursing, and now hospice. As much as I am not ready to lose her, seeing her like this and knowing how unhappy she is feels so much worse. She has always had a really special bond with my daughter who is 16 and I honestly don't think DD will ever be the same. She is seeing a counselor and I am trying to spend more special time with her, but I'm pretty much at a loss for what else we can do. I am looking for ideas for keepsakes or a momento to help us cherish grandma when she is no longer with us. I saw that the funeral home offers thumbprint jewelry. I also saw on the Ear For Eachother fb group someone can make a keepsake teddy bear out of her favorite clothes. Any other suggestions? I'd love to do something with her voice or handwriting.

I’m sorry you are going through this. I lost my treasured grandmother at that age, it was not easy. The teddy bear is a nice idea for the clothing, I also love the idea of quilts made out of clothing, perhaps your daughter would like to cuddle up and lay with a quilt on her bed.
I also know the pain of your losing your Mother, and grieving, and staying strong for your children. I hope you have the support for yourself. ❤️

Would your DD enjoy working with you on making a photo book of favorite moments and memories she has with her grandmother? The two of you could go through photos and choose however many she wants, then put them in a photo book with her own captions about the time, place, and reason why each photo/memory is important to her. The process itself can be very helpful, but the final product can be a treasured keepsake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter