Mommy, Daddy, is it May yet?! A May 2010 CR PTR **UPDATE 5/1 Only 7 days to go!**

Guess who has been shopping again!? ME! :banana:

I ordered Brooklyn & Paris Minnie Mouse headbands to go with their dresses and also just to wear while we are in WDW. ::MinnieMo::MinnieMo OK, I got myself a pair too.:blush: I just couldn't help myself!

My plan is to get Max's ears::MickeyMo when we first arrive. Adam wants ears too.::MickeyMo We have decided to throw caution to the wind and allow ourselves to be as chesey as we want. :rotfl:

:earsgirl::earboy2::earsgirl::earsgirl::earboy2:

Here are a few pics

DSC04995.jpg

DSC04997.jpg

DSC04998.jpg

DSC05001.jpg

DSC05010.jpg

DSC05012.jpg

DSC05037.jpg

DSC05013.jpg

Your kids are adorable.... I'm loving the Minnie ears! :thumbsup2

I guess I'm going to have to check out Ebay for dresses. I mentioned on my PTR that I wanted to find some cute princess dresses that weren't a fortune. I'm not crazy about the dresses at the Disney Store, they're expensive and cheap looking. :confused3 Nobody responded to my inquiry, so I'm glad I found your lovely PTR. My DD is really into princess/fairy stuff so I need to buy a few dresses to take on our trip in March.

I don't think you're crazy for planning and buying stuff so far in advance. I'm actually buying stuff for my unborn child for the trip already. :lmao: The CS agent for United laughed his butt off when I tried adding my baby to our flight.... He told me to of course call back after our baby makes his big debut. :rolleyes1

Look forward to reading more! popcorn::

I guess I'm going to have to check out Ebay for dresses. I mentioned on my PTR that I wanted to find some cute princess dresses that weren't a fortune. I'm not crazy about the dresses at the Disney Store, they're expensive and cheap looking. :confused3 Nobody responded to my inquiry, so I'm glad I found your lovely PTR. My DD is really into princess/fairy stuff so I need to buy a few dresses to take on our trip in March.

Walmart has great princess dresses and fairy dresses at the moment, They even have the gloves, purse and crown to match each of them. You should check there ASAP. They normally sell out in September when people start thinking about Christmas.

Good luck, let me know if you get one.

PS too cute that you tried to book a flight for someone who isnt quite here yet LOL

The ears are super cute and your girls are just darling, oh my goodness and so photogenic. Can't wait to see you all in your ears after your trip.

If I still go on my solo trip in March (not sure if work/school will get in my way now) I'll get my boys ears then so I can have them in a bag for our arrival in June (though you can order them on Disneystore.com)

Walmart has great princess dresses and fairy dresses at the moment, They even have the gloves, purse and crown to match each of them. You should check there ASAP. They normally sell out in September when people start thinking about Christmas.

Good luck, let me know if you get one.

PS too cute that you tried to book a flight for someone who isnt quite here yet LOL

Awesome thanks... Maybe I'll check them out tomorrow! ;)

The ears are super cute and your girls are just darling, oh my goodness and so photogenic. Can't wait to see you all in your ears after your trip.

If I still go on my solo trip in March (not sure if work/school will get in my way now) I'll get my boys ears then so I can have them in a bag for our arrival in June (though you can order them on Disneystore.com)

Thanks!!

We'll be at WDW at the same time!!! It will be our 1st trip, and my oldest DD's 5th birthday is 5/8, so she'll be celebrating her birthday there! I haven't started a PTR, but I'd love to follow along with yours! :)

We'll be at WDW at the same time!!! It will be our 1st trip, and my oldest DD's 5th birthday is 5/8, so she'll be celebrating her birthday there! I haven't started a PTR, but I'd love to follow along with yours! :)

We live in Indiana too! (Its a small small world. LOL)

Our kids are very close in age.
Brooklyn 4-11-05
Paris 5-14-06
Max 6-30-08

Paris will turn 4 in Disney World on the 14th.

We live in Indiana too! (Its a small small world. LOL)

Our kids are very close in age.
Brooklyn 4-11-05
Paris 5-14-06
Max 6-30-08

Paris will turn 4 in Disney World on the 14th.

Your Brooklyn and Max are within a month of the ages of my 2 girls! Brinlee's birthday is May 8, 2005, and Isabel is June 9, 2008 :)

We're leaving on the 7th of May, so we can spend our first full day at Disney on Brinlee's birthday. We're coming home on the 14th. Staying at CBR.

What part of Indiana do you live in?

Evansville. What about you?

Terre Haute! We're just 2 hours north of you! Small world :) Before I was married, I spent a lot of time down in Eville. I grew up speed skating and the owner of Skateworld was my coach, and like my 2nd dad. So I spent many, many weekends down there :)

Terre Haute! We're just 2 hours north of you! Small world :) Before I was married, I spent a lot of time down in Eville. I grew up speed skating and the owner of Skateworld was my coach, and like my 2nd dad. So I spent many, many weekends down there :)

Oh I know exactly where Terre Haute is!

theres so much that we share
that its time we're aware
its a small world after all

its a small, small world :lmao:

Hello. Getting closer... Only 213 days to go!

I remember last year I was so sad when Christmas was over - but this year I can't wait for it to be done since it makes us that much closer to vacation time!

Our oldest daughter, Brooklyn, is finding hidden mickeys everywhere. We were driving to preschool one day and she noticed a hidden mickey - can you spot it too?

hiddenmickey1.jpg

These pics were taken back on Halloween 2009. We went to Rafferty's for lunch and the staff there were all dressed up in costumes, as were our girls of course - not that they needed a reason to dress up!

Our waitress Snow White in the middle. Paris on the left, Brooklyn on the right.

IMG_0635.jpg

Traci figured we should start practicing our food-picture-taking skills for our trip report so here they are. Granted the food is not amazing like it is in WDW. .

Traci ordered the chicken quesadilla

photo2.jpg

And I ordered a BBQ bacon cheeseburger and fries

photo.jpg

Might hit the photography boards later to get some tips. Let me know what makes pictures good in your opinions.

All for now. See you later.

Some time back in September we officially booked our vacation online with Disney. Got the heart racing a little :yay: Put our $200.00 deposit down. It was a good feeling to get it officially booked.

Here's a quick run-down of what we booked:

- Our vacation dates are from May 8 through 15, 2010.

- We finally went with the Deluxe Dining Plan, mainly because this is our first trip and we want to experience as many restaurants as possible. We know it'll be way too much food but it all looks so good! Eating at restaurants is something we love to do as a family, so we don't see it as a waste of time that could be better spent in the parks. Enjoying the great foods and restaurants is part of the experience too in our opinion!

- We skipped the water park add-on this year but plan to do that in the future when the kids are a little older. Added the park hopper so we can be more flexible with where we go.

Now that the vacation is booked, we had to get down to some serious planning :teacher:, ready for the 180 day ADR deadline.

These pics were taken back on Halloween 2009. We went to Rafferty's for lunch and the staff there were all dressed up in costumes, as were our girls of course - not that they needed a reason to dress up!

Our waitress Snow White in the middle. Paris on the left, Brooklyn on the right.

IMG_0635.jpg

Traci figured we should start practicing our food-picture-taking skills for our trip report so here they are. Granted the food is not amazing like it is in WDW. .

Traci ordered the chicken quesadilla

photo2.jpg

And I ordered a BBQ bacon cheeseburger and fries

photo.jpg

Might hit the photography boards later to get some tips. Let me know what makes pictures good in your opinions.

All for now. See you later.

I know we told you early on that we would be writing our pre-trip report and our trip-report together. Just because we are writing the reports together doesn't mean we will have the same opinions. :rolleyes1 Actually, sometimes we might have very different opinions or accounts of a certain day or situation.

This is one of those times. Adam's post from earlier today is not actually accurate. He is correct when he says that we went to Raffery's and he is correct that Snow White was there but THAT FOOD WAS NOT FROM THAT DAY! :rotfl: We have been taking a lot of food pictures and I think he got mixed up! :confused3 I am typing this from my son's laptop and dont have handy access to the REAL Rafferty's pics but oh well.

Here are a few pics that I do have access to and thought you might enjoy looking at.

Max on Halloween
closeupmickeymouse.jpg

mickeymaxstroller.jpg

Me and the girls on Haloween
minnie.jpg

Other random pics where we have been 'practicing'
tracibreakfast.jpg

adambreakfast.jpg

:banana::banana: Our trip is ONLY 146 days away. :banana::banana:YAY!!!

Traci

Adam's post from earlier today is not actually accurate. He is correct when he says that we went to Raffery's and he is correct that Snow White was there but THAT FOOD WAS NOT FROM THAT DAY! :rotfl: We have been taking a lot of food pictures and I think he got mixed up! :confused3

I was thinking those blue dishes looked slightly Chili's-ish!

Once we booked our vacation, we felt a tingle of excitement because now it's real :banana:

Next thing we had to do was figure out our plans, which parks to go to, when to schedule our meals, what parades to see, which characters to meet, what rides to go on etc etc. Very daunting task for us considering this is our first time. Luckily, reading the disboards has helped a lot.

Things we kept in mind when creating a basic schedule outline:

1. don't try to overdo it and see everything in every park. especially with kids our age.

2. build in nap time every day.

3. schedule our meals in the near vicinity of whatever parks we are in at the time.

4. try not to repeat restaurants. at least, this is our plan for this trip. being our first time, we really don't know what restaurants we will love so we want to try as many as we can. we know what other people love from reading the disboards so we basically created our hitlist of restaurants based on what other disers have said. here's our list:

1900 Park Fare
Akershus
Boma
California Grill
Chef Mickey
Cinderella's Royal Table
Contempo Café
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace
Donald's Safari
Grand Floridian Café
Hollywood and Vine
Kona Café
Ohana
Polynesian Luau
The Wave
Whispering Canyon
Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci Fi
Prime Time Cafe

Our basic daily schedule will hopefully go something like this (at least in an ideal world anyway!):

- Breakfast fairly early, around 7:30a-8:30a
- Park until lunch
- Lunch around 12:00p-1:30p
- Nap/swim depending on how everyone feels until around 3:00p
- Park or other activities until dinner
- Dinner around 7:00p-8:30p
- May plan to go to bed shortly after dinner, or go to an evening activity such as Wishes

Next up, our ADR experience!

Max loves to eat snack puffs, but who'da thought you could find a Hidden Mickey in there?? Brooklyn spotted it - I think this qualifies don't you?

Sorry about the quality, took i with my iPhone in the dark.

mickey.jpg

November 9th was our 180 day mark. To make things go as smoothly as possible, we did some recon a few days before the 180 day mark to figure out what exactly we needed at our fingertips for the online reservation process. We had previously read various posts from people saying they were up early and couldn't get through or the restaurants were fully booked by the time they logged on or they couldn't find their reservation confirmation number etc. We didn't want to be scrambling around finding stuff while the reservations filled up.

The night before ADR time, we found out that the online reservations opened at 5am CST so we set our alarm clocks 20 mins early (just to be safe :thumbsup2), set the coffee maker and gathered our necessities... credit card at the ready, (for the signature meal bookings), confirmation number, planned meal schedule, pen and paper (not sure why we got that, seems like a pen and paper is a good thing to have when something important is happening!), made sure the laptops were put on charge, added the ADR reservation pages to our online bookmarks and off to bed we went.:faint:

Next morning, we were up and ready to go by 4:50am :surfweb: and were rapidly refreshing the ADR page hoping it would open early. And it did! It was 4:57am and away we went!!

Forgot to mention we had prioritized our ADRs in order of importance. Paris' birthday lunch at CRT was top of the list. We were able to get almost all of our ADRs within a few minutes of our planned times. We had been thinking all along it would be a fight to get anything close to what we wanted, so we were very surprised. One ADR we didn't get was lunch at 'Ohana on Friday. Guess that must be a popular one because it was pretty high on our priority list but we still couldn't get it within an hour of when we needed it. Based on our schedule, we couldn't be any more flexible than that. We did get 'Ohana for dinner a few days before that though, so we're not so upset that we didn't get it for lunch. We're still planning to try periodically in the event someone cancels, so we'll have to see.

Some comments about the ADR Site...

While we were pleasantly surprised at our luck booking the ADRs, we were surprised by how hard WDW has made the ADR booking process. Did anyone else find it cumbersome?

It took over an hour and a half to get all of our reservations. There were these annoying checkbox selections that appeared after each reservation asking if we needed highchairs and booster seats. Something else that was annoying was we had to select all of the attendees for each reservation. WDW should really have a "remember last" option so we don't have to do that. Having to select 2 adults and 3 kids each time really adds to the time needed to book a reservation.

And what's the deal with the reservation confirmation numbers!!!??? We had no idea that our account would not give us access to our ADRs once they were booked! The only way to pull a reservation up is to know the confirmation number... and how the heck are we supposed to know it if we didn't write it down?! Never occurred to me that we would have to write it down because it would disappear into oblivious once we closed our browser! :confused3

So the next job once we were done booking was to call WDW and have the rep read off each confirmation number :headache:

At the end of the day, we were happy with the way things turned out, a few hiccups aside.

Next up, I'll post our ADR schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter