Moms of Liberty - Hypocrisy at its worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course quality education is tied to financially strong systems. But UT and ID have about 19 residents. (Exaggerating, of course.) My point was that the almighty “parental control” of what a kid is ”allowed” to learn doesn’t seem to be working in those particular poor education states. Teen pregnancy is more of a way of life there than in the lower rate states, so the parents aren’t really doing a great job of educating them on their own, and the kids can’t rely on their poor school systems to teach them either.
The number of people in a state is not relevant. The map was measuring the per capita rate of teen pregnancy births.

Edited to fix the error.

Last edited:

First of all, there are allegations that some of it isn't between consenting adults. Not her part mind you. But let's see where that goes. In any case, she is allegedly involved in a relationship she's advocating against. She got caught being a complete hypocrite. She's getting her just deserts. Shame away I say. And this is the same group that claimed they only wanted to empower parents. That worked for a time. Who wouldn't want to empower parents right? They didn't that's who. In fact they wanted to disempower parents by banning books and allowing discrimination against those that weren't like them. I guess she was fine with the discrimination and the power advocating it brought her all the while she was not subject to the hatred because she was able to hide it. And this isn't Mom's for liberty's first go around with shadiness either. A chapter got caught quoting Hitler, multiple times. Ties to the proud boys. Ties to white nationalists. Ties to anti Semitic literature and groups. The truth is coming out.

Ironic that Moms for Liberty are accusing others of smear campaigns when in fact that's what Mom's for Liberty does. To start with they call those that disagree with them groomers. They succeeded for a time, wrapping up the usual turd of bigotry and hate in a nice box with beautiful wrapping paper and a nice bow and wrote Mom's for Liberty family values on the package. America initially accepted it. And they made some gains. But as it turns out, America smelled a weird smell coming from the package, has now opened it, and now we all know it's a turd. The vast majority of parents want well run schools with a safe, loving and inviting learning environment in their schools, where their kids of all types can learn and broaden their horizons, not some cultural injustice warrior's censorship, rancor, deliberate disturbance of the peace at meetings and on school grounds, and fear mongering for political theater.
Very well said

Hmmm ... didn't her 17 year old son just become a father in June with his 15 year old girlfriend? That's exactly what happens when sex ed is taught at home or learned on the "street".
Many times in these cases it’s not lack of sex education, per se, but simply limited access to receive birth control that’s actually effective. I’m pretty sure most teens regardless of family, backgrounds or education understand what happens if one has sex and knows what they can do to avoid a pregnancy, but for the majority of teens, the only option available is condoms or roulette. Many times these girls want to be on birth control but don’t have a relationship or fear asking their parents at 15 or 16 if they can go to the gynecologist. At first it was honestly a shock for me to learn here in Germany that the average age girls start going on the pill is 15 or 16. ( my daughter who is 17 has two girlfriends who actually have an IUD at 17). Of course in all these cases there’s support from the mother.

Ironically, the state I live in is highly Catholic “on paper” and everyone would assume that families would be more conservative about ibirth control, but the Germans are so practical and logical that if they see a situation that “needs to be taken care of or avoided” because of reality is their kids are gonna have sex they take action in the most effective way, and that’s putting their kid on birth control if that’s what she wants.

Last edited:

Of course personal experience is not a synonym for data, but -- to my knowledge -- we don't have a single pregnant girl in our high school right now. Haven't seen a visibly pregnant teen in our school in years. This wasn't true back when I was a new teacher 30 years ago. Are kids getting smarter about birth control, or are they having more abortions? Probably some of both.

Bounce-off topic: When my girls were teens, their doctor suggested putting them on birth control pills "to regulate their periods" -- which was an issue for my girls. Thing is, MOST of my friends with same-aged daughters had the same push. So I really think middle-class and upper-class girls -- those whose parents can /do take them to the doctor on a regular basis -- are being offered birth control at a higher rate than was true when I was a kid in the 80s.

Of course, birth control pills rely upon a high rate of compliance from the girl. I remember my now-RN daughter being shocked that about half the girls in her nursing classes -- even those who were taking birth control pills -- didn't understand HOW the pills worked.

I’m pretty sure most teens regardless of family, backgrounds or education understand what happens if one has sex and knows what they can do to avoid a pregnancy,
Watch one of those pregnant teen shows (or go on TikTok!) and you’ll find this is not the case at all. Hell, there are adults who think women won’t get pregnant if they’re raped or that you can move an ectopic pregnancy.

In hindsight I wish I would’ve been on the pill at 15 just a regulate my hormones. I suffered greatly from hormonal acne. Once I went on the pill in my early 20s bam it was under control.

I had terrible, terrible, terrible cramping with my menstrual cycle as a teen. That lasted well into my 30s. It was debilitating. I did try many types of oral contraceptives. They did all help with that; however, I am one of those people who just cannot tolerate birth control. I never could. Constant nausea no matter which one I tried (they were much stronger back in the late 70s/80s).

Unfortunately, there were several teens that also were in the same boat for various reasons. I know they have much better formulations these days that have less estrogen so less side effects. Somehow I managed to get pregnant twice using one version of those when I was in my late 20s--fortunately I was able to manage having children by then!

I guess you can throw me in the hypocrite wagon too. I'm a bisexual father of two that doesn't want hardcore smut in my children's elementary school. I can think of no reason why a kindergarten teacher needs to speak graphically about LGBT sexual and political issues. Here is the text for the Parental Rights in Education bill. https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2022/1557/BillText/er/PDF that was dubbed by the media, "Don't Say Gay." Read it and tell me what is controversial about what is actually in the bill.

I guess you can throw me in the hypocrite wagon too. I'm a bisexual father of two that doesn't want hardcore smut in my children's elementary school. I can think of no reason why a kindergarten teacher needs to speak graphically about LGBT sexual and political issues. Here is the text for the Parental Rights in Education bill. https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2022/1557/BillText/er/PDF that was dubbed by the media, "Don't Say Gay." Read it and tell me what is controversial about what is actually in the bill.
Who's advocating for hardcore smut and graphic discussion? You're projecting.

Oh, and it's none of my business who you sleep with.

Everyone who spoke against the bill, criticizing Moms for Liberty, or minimizing what is going on in many classrooms.
Do you have examples of what's going on in MANY classrooms?

I thought all of the calls to ban books were books that were OPTIONAL to read. That kids would need to actively CHOOSE to read them. Am I wrong?

Catholic here too, but we went to public elementary school because our parents didn’t like our parish school.

3rd grade? That’s pretty late for Catholics. :laughing:
Agreed. I'd already been SAd, multiple times, by then. I knew what those parts were for.

Not to bring this thread wayyyyyy down. But, this stuff DOES need to be taught and taught early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter