Monday Night Football - Do you like the Mannings or Buck/Aikman?

SpaceMan5

DIS Veteran
Just sitting here watching my Seahawks and bouncing between the ABC feed of Buck/Aikman and the Manning Bros on ESPN.

So who do you prefer? For the most part, I like the Manning Boys. It can be a little tedious at times but I find it more entertaining and informative than Buck/Aikman.

I find that most sports announcers talk too much and always seem to be trying to say something memorable during the telecast. That is true whether the sport is football, golf or basketball. Then at halftime of football games they bring out 5 other announcers to rehash what we just saw. Many times I just turn the sound off and watch the broadcast. The most important details are usually shown as captions on the screen. Putting the sound on mute eliminates the incessant chatter and I actually enjoy the sport better.

I don't find any team of announcers better than any other.

Manning Cast all the way. If I hear Joe Buck say "here along side the Hall of Famer, Troy Aikman" one more time, I'll probably through something at the TV. Yes Joe, we know Troy is in the HOF, and if we didn't, you've now told us 937 times. You know, there are quite a few other guys in the Hall, many of them quarterbacks, some with even more Super Bowl rings...

Two more years, and both Mannings will be in the Hall anyway. I'll take 2 over 1 any day (and they know 4 times more football). Aikman also rivals Chris Collinsworth for the most overuse of hyperbole in sports. At least once per game, you're treated to "You know, John Doe is arguably the best corner back in cover-two on third down and long yardage in the National Football League today".

I guess Mannings but honestly I hate that they hire former players with no training in this and don’t go with professional commentators who would cost a fraction of what they pay former football players and they would know how to do this job. I find all of them hard to watch.

I’m a giants fan so I will probably always be a fan of Eli’s.

That said, we watch their broadcast usually. They don’t take themselves too seriously, it’s almost like watching with friends that happen to be football geniuses.

We like the Manningcast a lot, but we usually also don't follow the game that closely.

Tried watching the Manningcast one week and couldn't get into it. Most of the time, I'm only partially paying attention to the game, so the main broadcast is fine for me.

Neither. Not a fan of the Mannings and Joe Buck is awful.
Absolutely agree. I dread to watch MNF or anything Buck is doing. So annoying that the NFL is the only place they don't allow home announcers - or at least good announcers - call the games. But when you pay billions of dollars for the product, the tv networks make the rules - like last night's game being moved a couple weeks in advance from Sunday to Monday. Who cares about the fans? TV doesn't.... But with all the money flying around, you'd think they could hire someone way better than Buck.....

Have also seen Joe Buck announce golf and he is terrible at it. Generic announcers with no real experience in a sport just seem to talk for the sake of talking and mostly add nothing to the broadcast. Every swing of the club is NOT a life-changing event like some try to make it sound. I don't think announcers need to constantly talk to make the game enjoyable regardless of the sport. Seems like they don't realize most watch to see/enjoy the sport, not because we can't wait to hear their 'valuable' observations. About the only time it is worth listening to them is when they explain an unusual ruling after there was a flag.

When Buck was 'exclusive' to Fox he was announcing what seemed like everything! Golf, baseball, tiddlywinks...you name it and he was there. At least with ESPN he has just football duty and I can handle him in small doses.

I am a total Manningcast gal. Love the banter, love that they rag on each other and while the guests can be hit or miss I catch it every Monday. Last night was their last for the season :(.

Absolutely agree. I dread to watch MNF or anything Buck is doing. So annoying that the NFL is the only place they don't allow home announcers - or at least good announcers - call the games. But when you pay billions of dollars for the product, the tv networks make the rules - like last night's game being moved a couple weeks in advance from Sunday to Monday. Who cares about the fans? TV doesn't.... But with all the money flying around, you'd think they could hire someone way better than Buck.....
And, they had to spend a TON of money to lure Buck and Aikman away from Fox too.

When Buck was 'exclusive' to Fox he was announcing what seemed like everything! Golf, baseball, tiddlywinks...you name it and he was there. At least with ESPN he has just football duty and I can handle him in small doses.

I am a total Manningcast gal. Love the banter, love that they rag on each other and while the guests can be hit or miss I catch it every Monday. Last night was their last for the season :(.
I think Buck is actually a better baseball announcer to be honest. I can't stand him calling football.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter