• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mondays at the park are bad. Bad!

Our last trip, late June, the Monday crowds were awful. I was standing in an exceptionally long Indy FP line and asked the CM if tomorrow was going to be this crowded. She said "No, the last few months Mondays are the most crowded day of the week".

I can't imagine Mondays remain the busiest day of the week when schools are in session.
You’d be surprised...

I’ve been on some extremely crowded Mondays and Tuesdays during the school year. Wednesdays and Thursdays are generally better (especially Wednesday mornings at DL).

It is more pronounced over the summer, though, I think because so many visitors “avoid the weekends” and create a Monday monster.

Our first day will be a Monday too...:crazy2:

This makes me a bit nervous. Especially since it’s our arrival day where we are surprising our daughter after driving about 4 hours that day, so definitely no rope drop. We actually plan on entering DCA first, will it be madness? I’m guessing it’ll be around 3-4pm
I would just expect long lines for entry. Be ready to have your pictures taken for your tickets as well. I’d also guess that the majority of fastpasses will be gone by then or have late return times. Mobile ordering was my time saver for food, so I’d do that as well. Everything had a long line.

How bad is it in the evenings? I was looking at LMT for park tickets and since it's only an extra £10 each for me and my partner to go from 3 to 4 day park hoppers, I was planning on adding a chill Monday evening in the park. Not looking for rides and not even sure what nighttime entertainment there'd be in October what with WOC down until "late autumn". Just looking to wander, grab some treats and just enjoy the atmosphere and optics. Thinking maybe 7pm onwards.

How bad is it in the evenings? I was looking at LMT for park tickets and since it's only an extra £10 each for me and my partner to go from 3 to 4 day park hoppers, I was planning on adding a chill Monday evening in the park. Not looking for rides and not even sure what nighttime entertainment there'd be in October what with WOC down until "late autumn". Just looking to wander, grab some treats and just enjoy the atmosphere and optics. Thinking maybe 7pm onwards.
Not sure about the fall time, but yesterday the crowds did die down some after 7 pm, but still crowded. Depending on the night time entertainment, you may see people camped out for fireworks, paint the night, etc, but CM's are good at keeping walkways open. Maybe book dinner reservations so you are't out in the early evening crowds? Then after stroll around and shop and get sweet treats (i.e. churros, ice cream, smoothies)?

So would you choose CHOC walk sunday over the monday. We have the choice. We were planning a beach day sunday to avoid ChOC, should we switch it up?

Eek, we're going next Monday for a full day. We won't be rope dropping but will probably be there early and will plan to stay until we can no longer move. We already have MaxPass so we'll just try and come up with the best plan of attack ahead of arriving, I guess! It's supposed to be HOT too.

boo, i can only do two days in october and they will be a sunday/monday. only my second trip to DL (im east coast so normally go to WDW) so i guess ill just mentally prepare myself!

All I can say is get there early and use maxpass. i couldn't do rope drop today and instantly regretted it when it took me an hour to get through parking and security, and another 30 minutes to get through the gates. I still had a lot of fun even with the crowds and heat, but man, I'm exhausted after dealing with that all day.

We wont get there until about 11:00 AM.
At least there shouldn't be a line to get in.

Do you think they will still be bad once Summer is over? We are going on Monday Sep 17 :guilty:

They will be better because summer crowds will be gone. But will still be worse than other days that week. We visited on a Monday in early March (before spring breaks). It was crowded. The Monday in June was worse, but both were worse than I expected. Mondays are the new Sundays...

Every trip I’ve made has included a Monday and I haven’t experienced this craziness. We’ve been multiple times in October and once in February. We are going in November the week after Thanksgiving and I’m getting nervous about Monday crowds. The crowd tracker I use hasn’t steered me wrong yet and I’m hoping that remains true!

I can't imagine Mondays remain the busiest day of the week when schools are in session.
In the past year and a half, the only Mondays I have gone to the parks have been during the school year. Only one time in maybe 12 Monday visits did I experience low crowds (it was VERY memorable!) The rest were all completely nuts. I finally just gave them up.

Not sure what it is today. The crowds? The heat? But CMs are particularly snippy. It’s rare for me to experience that once. Today I’ve faced it at least three times. Mondays suck at DL. They’re worse than any weekend day. Never again. Avoid at all costs.

We were there last week - our first family trip to DL - and noticed the same thing about cast members. Many were rude, snippy, and dismissive.

Every trip I’ve made has included a Monday and I haven’t experienced this craziness. We’ve been multiple times in October and once in February. We are going in November the week after Thanksgiving and I’m getting nervous about Monday crowds. The crowd tracker I use hasn’t steered me wrong yet and I’m hoping that remains true!

Good news!!! saw your santa hats and I am watching Harry Connick jr right now from the hottest place in the USA and they are showing Christmas programming....anyhow, the week after Thanksgiving will be great but only in 2018, after 2018 that week disappears, so you can make up that bad monday with the rest of the days. But statistically, the Monday after Thanksgiving should be bad as folks are hanging around for cheap Tuesday airline departures and doing what they couldn't do because of all the family events on the weekend.

Not to be a bearer of bad news, but yesterday I didn't get through the gates until 10:40 am (started at DL), and the line was still going under the monorail track..so there can still be a line at 11am. Fastpasses should still be around though
We park hopped from DCA to DL last Wednesday at 10:45 and DL entry last nes were very long. They went all the way back into the DCA lines. It was crazy!

We park hopped from DCA to DL last Wednesday at 10:45 and DL entry last nes were very long. They went all the way back into the DCA lines. It was crazy!
Last week there was a Scentsy convention, which is why i think the wait times were so insane. I was at DCA until close last Thursday and incredicoaster, guardians, and RSR were all still 100+ minutes long...so crazy. And DCA was totally out of fastpasses. I've never seen the entire park completely run out before.

Last week there was a Scentsy convention, which is why i think the wait times were so insane. I was at DCA until close last Thursday and incredicoaster, guardians, and RSR were all still 100+ minutes long...so crazy. And DCA was totally out of fastpasses. I've never seen the entire park completely run out before.
We left DCA around 6pm last Wednesday. It was the busiest I have personally ever seen the parks. Never been around Christmas/New Years tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter