Mondays still the worst?

Katiebird

Mouseketeer
Are Mondays still terrible? We are going the week of thanksgiving, just one day, either Sunday 11/20 or Monday 11/21. In the before times, Sunday was usually the better bet, is that likely to still be the case?

We’re here today and I’m not sure if I’ve just be completely lucky and naive alllllllllll these years coming around my birthday in October but holy heck today is just insanely busy. I’ve overheard a lot of people mention it too but maybe I’ve just never come Mondays lol

We’re here today and I’m not sure if I’ve just be completely lucky and naive alllllllllll these years coming around my birthday in October but holy heck today is just insanely busy. I’ve overheard a lot of people mention it too but maybe I’ve just never come Mondays lol

Pretty standard Monday in October!

We went on the Monday of Thanksgiving week. I didn't think it was that bad. But if you have the choice between Sun over Mon, for sure Sunday.

We were there this past Monday as well. Agreed, it was crazy.

I went on the Sunday & Monday of Thanksgiving week a few years back and the Sunday was wonderful and very manageable, but that Monday was crazy busy, unpleasantly so. Your mileage ay vary of course and this was a little while back (pre-COVID), but that was my experience.

What is it about Mondays that makes them crazy-busy? Is it because of annual pass holders? We are going Mon Jan 2 (anticipating verrrry busy) but wondering if Sun Jan 1 would be better?

Last edited:
What is it about Mondays that makes them crazy-busy? Is it because of annual pass holder? We are going Mon Jan 2 (anticipating verrrry busy) but wondering if Sun Jan 1 would be better?
I do not think it’s the annual passholders, quite the opposite. Out of town travelers who tack an extra day onto a long weekend, locals who rarely go and think they will “beat the crowds” by going on a Monday rather than the weekend and end up causing more crowds.

Most local Magic Key holders are probably aware of the Monday phenomenon by now.

Both of those dates will be completely slammed with crowds so I would just go when it’s more convenient for you.

Just showed up for our LL at Soarin. The LL line stretched from all the way inside out and down to Smokejumper. Crazy. So many rides up and down today. Typical Disney experience unfortunately.

I do not think it’s the annual passholders, quite the opposite. Out of town travelers who tack an extra day onto a long weekend, locals who rarely go and think they will “beat the crowds” by going on a Monday rather than the weekend and end up causing more crowds.

Most local Magic Key holders are probably aware of the Monday phenomenon by now.

Both of those dates will be completely slammed with crowds so I would just go when it’s more convenient for you.

It is mostly due to annual passholders who hold the lowest level So Cal pass and can't often go on weekends. These guests make up a large portion of Monday crowds, except in summer months when they are blocked out. Mondays in summer are not as bad as they are during the rest of the year.

It's also due to the fact that Mondays and Tuesdays are the cheapest days on one day tickets.

In October, specifically, it's mostly due to out of towners who are here for "fall break".

What is it about Mondays that makes them crazy-busy? Is it because of annual pass holders? We are going Mon Jan 2 (anticipating verrrry busy) but wondering if Sun Jan 1 would be better?

Sunday Jan 1 will be FAR better because NO annual passholders can go that day.

My kids in a local district go back Jan 3. The Monday is an observed holiday since Jan 1 is a Sunday this year.

Sunday Jan 1 will be FAR better because NO annual passholders can go that day.

My kids in a local district go back Jan 3. The Monday is an observed holiday since Jan 1 is a Sunday this year.
Oooh good point. I didn’t realize that. Though I assume 1/1 will still be plenty busy.

It is mostly due to annual passholders who hold the lowest level So Cal pass and can't often go on weekends. These guests make up a large portion of Monday crowds, except in summer months when they are blocked out. Mondays in summer are not as bad as they are during the rest of the year.

This doesn’t really explain why Monday specifically is busier than Tuesday-Thursday as those low-level Magic Keys can go Mon-Thurs. my gut tells me it’s day tickets contributing to the crowds more so than Magic Keys.

Just had a very nice dinner and cocktails at Catal. We’re getting ready to head into DL as we have LL for HM and BTMR. We’ll see how it goes. Earlier today HM had a standby time of three hours. Ridiculous. We had a LL this morning for Soarin. The LL time was about forty-five minutes. No thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter