• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monkeys at Animal Kingdom

The prior posts hit on most of the locations for rl monkeys and apes, along with some costumed monkey/ape characters... but I'll add a couple more...

There are monkey-like creatures during portions of the Flight of Passage ride. These go by pretty quickly, and some people might not even notice them. But I thought it worth mentioning. My husband and son always remark about the 'monkeys' near the very end of the ride in particular, when your banshee lands (there is one just below you, and some off to the side(s) if you look around).

There is also a dance party on Discovery Island (near the Trading Company shop) where you may encounter a costumed gorilla from 'Tarzan'.

Yup, skip the park. You will all be walking with your heads spinning, looking for monkeys. Not worth it. Maybe switch to one day at AK for you, and have your friend spend a relaxing day at your resort.

If she is afraid of monkeys leave her home. The monkeys at AK howl like crazy. You can hear them from Tampa. Trust me here.

Take her to AKL - if she likes animals there is a tour of the safari, etc. You could all enjoy the resort and animals without her being uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter