• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail-DL to DTD. Where? How long?

corinne76

DIS Veteran
We plan to break for lunch one day at Rainforest Cafe and since DS loves all things trains, I figured riding the monorail to DTD would be great.
But I have no idea where to get on or how long it will take. I think we get on somewhere in Tomorrowland?? Help

Entrance to Monorail is to the left of the overhead platform. Right behind the Matterhorn. In front of the Submarine Lagoon
Ride to DTD 5-7 minutes....plus whatever wait you have for the Monorail itself

It's not really reliable and on busy days you can end up waiting for more than 1 train before you get on. The DTD platform is right next to RFC, but if you're trying to make a reservation I'd give a 30 minute buffer. That way if there's a wait or the ride goes down you still have the option to walk without having to really hustle.

IMHO, treat the Monorail as a ride.

It may be more "efficient" to walk to RFC and then use the monorail to ride back into the park. You will have more control over walking to lunch and the ride after will give you a rest after eating.

I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get on the monorail and we were just there two weeks ago when it was very crowded. It never seems that busy in the middle of the day. Ask to ride in the front cockpit with the driver. They can fit 4 people up there. The trip to get to DTD is about 5min I would say. You don't have to get off at DTD, but you do when you get to the DL station. Definitely take a roundtrip ride because the ride back takes a slightly different path and you go around the Matterhorn which is fun. It's one of our favorite rides!

I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get on the monorail and we were just there two weeks ago when it was very crowded. It never seems that busy in the middle of the day. Ask to ride in the front cockpit with the driver. They can fit 4 people up there. The trip to get to DTD is about 5min I would say. You don't have to get off at DTD, but you do when you get to the DL station. Definitely take a roundtrip ride because the ride back takes a slightly different path and you go around the Matterhorn which is fun. It's one of our favorite rides!

Can 2 adults ride in the front? We didn't ride the monorail last Dec. so I want to do this in Aug.!

Can 2 adults ride in the front? We didn't ride the monorail last Dec. so I want to do this in Aug.!
Yes! When we rode in front last time it was me and DS, plus a really cute college-age couple who were there for their first trip.

You can also ask to ride in the back if someone is already waiting to ride the front. It's just like the front...but backwards. Plus, you get a chance to quote Mater!

"Ain't no need to watch where I'm goin'; just need to know where I've been." - Tow Mater

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter