Monorail door falls off

This was lime monorail apparently.

Which one was it where the door opened whilst it was moving?

I've seen doors pulled off multiple aircraft, stuff happens.

I would be interested to see more details, though.

I've been reading about this on other forums, etc. and felt it necessary to post it here as well:

Via twitter:

@ScottGustin 2h2 hours ago

About the monorail door incident at Disney’s Grand Floridian earlier today: Multiple eyewitnesses tell me the monorail door came loose after a guest riding an ECV scooter collided with the door. As photo shows, crews are able to safely remove the door from the monorail.

......what we MAY be missing here in this whole jump to conclusions thing is whether or not photos were taken at a point where they decided it would be better to push the door out and remove it from the outside vs. trying to get it back inside and/or drive it back to the station in that condition.

In other words, the ECV crash may not have caused the door to completely fall off (or nearly compeletly) but instead just jarred it out of place enough where they had to decide how to remove it before driving it backstage.

LOVE how ClickOrlando worded it,
" .... monorail being repaired after it became unhinged ...."
If I were a monorail dealing with all those guests I'd become unhinged as well.

ECV story seems to have been confirmed by Disney ...

"Disney officials told News 6 the door became unhinged when it was hit by a motorized scooter while someone was boarding the monorail."

LOVE how ClickOrlando worded it,
" .... monorail being repaired after it became unhinged ...."
If I were a monorail dealing with all those guests I'd become unhinged as well.

ECV story seems to have been confirmed by Disney ...

"Disney officials told News 6 the door became unhinged when it was hit by a motorized scooter while someone was boarding the monorail."
People like to jump right to conclusions that this is all Disney’s fault. While not a great look either way this does seem to be more of a guest provoking the issue than the monorail being in disrepair.

Unhinged-good one.

Ah so the doors were open, that makes would make it weaker IMO, compared to closed.

People like to jump right to conclusions that this is all Disney’s fault. While not a great look either way this does seem to be more of a guest provoking the issue than the monorail being in disrepair.

Yes and no. If they didn't have a recent history of several incidents, both minor and major, I don't think people would be jumping to these kinds of conclusions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter