• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail into DL for Early Entry?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I'm asking for a friend who is staying at the DLH tonight. Can she take the monorail into DL prior to 7:30am (like at 7am) so she's inside the park at 7:30 for early entry? Or is it better to just walk to the gates?

I'm asking for a friend who is staying at the DLH tonight. Can she take the monorail into DL prior to 7:30am (like at 7am) so she's inside the park at 7:30 for early entry? Or is it better to just walk to the gates?

I don't know if she can, but even if she could, It would be significantly less efficient than entering at the gates. The monrail station is just like any other park entry gate, so it wouldn't open until 7:30 and then factor in the ride time and it would put you behind the crowds.

I don't know if she can, but even if she could, It would be significantly less efficient than entering at the gates. The monrail station is just like any other park entry gate, so it wouldn't open until 7:30 and then factor in the ride time and it would put you behind the crowds.
That is what I suspected.

But are you also saying that the regular park gate doesn't open until 7:30? How can people take advantage of the full 30 minutes if the gates don't open until 7:30?

That is what I suspected.

But are you also saying that the regular park gate doesn't open until 7:30? How can people take advantage of the full 30 minutes if the gates don't open until 7:30?

Actually, if the early entry is at 7:30, I think they will open a little before that, but not much. They are pretty fast at scanning people through the gates. They may hold at ropes at the entrances to the Lands. In that case, I doubt they even open the Monorail gate - I'm just not sure. I am sure it won't be the best choice for a fast entry.

We took the monorail last fall. First one left the station just about 7:30 and put us in Tomorrowland around 7:35. It was still pretty empty back there!

If they aren’t on the first monorail, though, they are going to lose a lot of EE time. We were in the security lines before they opened and were probably in the first 20 or so people in the monorail line.

We have also taken the monorail the first time in January it opened at 7:30 and so we did lose some time the second time in late February it got us into the park at 7:29. I will say it is hit or miss but was nice to be let out in Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter