Monorail Lime door detaches and “dangles”

The door didn't fall off - the hinge was messed up and had to be fixed - you might want to correct your title OP!

The door didn't fall off - the hinge was messed up and had to be fixed - you might want to correct your title OP!
Yeah, that was Disney's story. But the photo showed half the door hanging below the beam. I don't know whether it was still hanging on by a hinge, but it definitely wasn't anywhere close to where it was supposed to be. Guess it depends on your definition of "falling off".

Yeah, that was Disney's story. But the photo showed half the door hanging below the beam. I don't know whether it was still hanging on by a hinge, but it definitely wasn't anywhere close to where it was supposed to be. Guess it depends on your definition of "falling off".
I saw that same photo!!! If I can see the door hanging below the monorail beam, it's fallen off!!! May still be attached by one measly hinge but it's still off and guests would have been in danger.

I saw that same photo!!! If I can see the door hanging below the monorail beam, it's fallen off!!! May still be attached by one measly hinge but it's still off and guests would have been in danger.
Guests underneath at the GF were definitely in danger if they would have been walking or standing underneath that section of the monorail.

If you look at the thread on rumors and news - apparently someone had a kid on their lap on an ecv and drove up the ramp and into the door. They have a thorough explanation of how the door came off in that thread.

When we were there in September they made an announcement each time we were on the monorail about not leaning on the doors. I don't remember this in our previous visits. Guests must have been causing things to happen with the doors.

When we were there in September they made an announcement each time we were on the monorail about not leaning on the doors. I don't remember this in our previous visits. Guests must have been causing things to happen with the doors.
If your transportation system relies on guests always being 100% compliant, you have a problem.

If you look at the thread on rumors and news - apparently someone had a kid on their lap on an ecv and drove up the ramp and into the door. They have a thorough explanation of how the door came off in that thread.
Here's the post in question...
Here is the report I have...

A guest utilizing an ECV with a child in their lap lost control coming up the ramp and hit the door full speed. The door initially bucked from the train after the impact and the cast quickly deadheaded the car and notified maintenance. While trying to realign the door and secure it for the train to travel to MK for a further inspection the door came disconnected from the top actuator arm and fell down. There was no guests in the car at that time. From there the train was deadheaded and put out of service. Nothing failed on the train or was damaged. The door was pushed up during impact, the bottom actuator was bent up and the top slipped off of its mounting point.

And let us not forget that if you're on an ECV, you aren't supposed to have anyone on your lap!!!

And let us not forget that if you're on an ECV, you aren't supposed to have anyone on your lap!!!
Don't even get me started. I had my foot run over in DL because Grandma was letting the toddler sit on her lap. And when I screamed she berated me for making the baby cry!

Yet in spite of all of this, I doubt we'll see Disney start confronting people with kids on their laps on ECVs.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter