Monorail Non Bar Crawl

Greenfield1984

DIS Veteran
I Want to explore the monorail resorts with the fam. A couple of the adults will hit Trader Sams. But other than that I just want to explore the resorts.

What sights, food, activities, and experiences should we be looking at for each monorail resort?

We enjoy browsing the Poly's Boutiki <groan...too cutesy name, imo> which has some lovely designer-label clothes as well as the typical Disney and Poly t-shirts, flip-flops, etc. The Poly gift shop has lots of Lilo and Stitch things along with other Disney souvenirs, snacks and food--the usual.

Our main resort shopping is done at the GF, next stop on the resort loop monorail (as you likely know but others may not). We're VGF owners which may explain my fondness for GF shops.

I very much prefer the 2nd floor Basin White to the main Basin shop in DS for bath and shower products. While Basin has more items, there are scents exclusive to Basin White that are favorites of mine. Plus, CMs there are very knowledgeable and helpful. Love the shampoo and conditioner bars, fabulous for travel.

Curiouser Clothiers on the 1st floor has designer labels in both clothing and accessories, a few Dooney & Bourke bags with some other brands and occasionally some gift items. I got a GF-logo tea-for-one there last trip. Curiouser, indeed!

Mickey Mercantile and the GF's resort gift shop, Sandy Cove, mostly have typical Disney souvenirs. Sandy Cove does carry a few DVC and GF-logo items as well as snacks and various foodstuffs.

Then, there's the MK stop and the Contemporary's after that. We enjoy the clothing and jewelry shop on the 4th floor CR mezzanine. The souvenir one has pretty standard Disney stuff with a few collectibles, nothing spectacular for us.

We sometimes do the loop just for the ride and browsing. You know you've possibly been to WDW too many times when you do that for fun 😁, but we usually are there in mid-November and love seeing the Christmas things for sale.

There's a shop-around-the-loop summary for you. Hope you enjoy, whatever your interests may be.

I Want to explore the monorail resorts with the fam. A couple of the adults will hit Trader Sams. But other than that I just want to explore the resorts.

What sights, food, activities, and experiences should we be looking at for each monorail resort?
You can get dole whips at the Poly. The CR is my favorite resort in many ways - take some time to appreciate the Mary Blair mural in the lobby on the 4th floor. There are two sides (one faces the gift shop and the other faces the QS/Chef Mickeys). I suggest googling some info about it (I could post links but it's easy to google) - will make it more interesting to get some back story on it and things to look for in the mural itself. The GF has a spa if you have to pop in to get a quick nail polish or the like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter