• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail vs Ferry

lisa cameron

Mouseketeer
We arrive next weekend and are staying at Shades of Green so we can walk to the TTC. We know the monorail stop at the poly is closed. We plan to rope drop SDMT. Which is faster to get to MK? They start running around 7:15am? If so, we would aim to leave our room at 6:45am and be in line for temp checks by 7:00am.
I saw you tube reviews this last week that resort guests were getting dropped off before monorail or boat guest?

We had a breakfast reservation at The Wave to help get us closer but cancelled or when the park hours were extended.

Any other SDMT tips?

You can walk to MK from Shades. We did this last month leisurely to see how it was and really enjoyed it. It would probably take about 30 min but then you are not wondering about the transportation.

Yes, we have stayed at SOG before. Took us 15 min to walk but we are speed walkers 😉.
More curious of current advantages/strategies to get to the gate quickly to rope drop SDMT. If not at the beginning of the line, seems to make more sense to skip it and do other rides first and then so SDMT in the afternoon?

If it’s your first trip Walt intended on you to see the Magic Kingdom for the first time from the boat. I recommend it. If you’ve been there before, depending on your timing walking will probably be faster.
Thanks! Been there before. Plus, I was thinking we could at least enjoy our morning Starbucks on the walk since cannot drink or eat once in line or on the ferry or monorail. Coffee is important! 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter