• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail

jasmine91

Mouseketeer
One of my son's favorite things about WDW is the monorail, but I have heard in DL you can only ride it if you stay on Disney property. Is there anyway around this? Can we dine at the resort and get to ride it? He will be heartbroken if he sees it and can't ride.

Thanks!

First thing in the morning, they usually limit those entering in DTD on the monorail to hotel guests only. But otherwise, it is open to everyone.

The monorail is open to all.
It does require a park ticket. So unlike WDW, it is not something to be done on a no park day

Oh this is great news! I am so glad I asked and didn't just assume we couldn't ride. Thanks!

If you want to give him a special monorail ride, ask to sit in the front. You may have to wait for a short while, but for a monorail lover, it's worth it!

If you want to give him a special monorail ride, ask to sit in the front. You may have to wait for a short while, but for a monorail lover, it's worth it!

There's no option to wait. It's straight first come, first serve, whoever gets to the door first after they open the gate to the platform. Then it's up to the driver if they'll allow guests. People can get kind of pushy trying to get there first, I mention it if he'll be disappointed, but you can always try.

There's no option to wait. It's straight first come, first serve, whoever gets to the door first after they open the gate to the platform. Then it's up to the driver if they'll allow guests. People can get kind of pushy trying to get there first, I mention it if he'll be disappointed, but you can always try.

That may be true for the front, but not for the back. We asked if we could wait for the back on the following monorail, leaving the DTD station as was told yes, but to wait to the side as to not block the gate. Another group came up and asked and they were told they could wait, but we were ahead of them. They did warn us that it may be awhile because guests were not required to disembark at the DTD station, so they may stay on. Luckily for us, it arrived empty and she opened the back, let us through and then went to open the rest of the gates.

And I know there had been some reports of them not allowing this anymore, however this was last month, so it looks like they are allowing it again. There is a limit of 6 people in the back though.

not sure where you heard that.
you don't need to stay on property but you do need valid admission to disneyland as it travels between downtown disney district and tomorrowland in disneyland.

That may be true for the front, but not for the back. We asked if we could wait for the back on the following monorail, leaving the DTD station as was told yes, but to wait to the side as to not block the gate. Another group came up and asked and they were told they could wait, but we were ahead of them. They did warn us that it may be awhile because guests were not required to disembark at the DTD station, so they may stay on. Luckily for us, it arrived empty and she opened the back, let us through and then went to open the rest of the gates.

And I know there had been some reports of them not allowing this anymore, however this was last month, so it looks like they are allowing it again. There is a limit of 6 people in the back though.

The reason I heard they stopped allowing it was there wasn't a CM available to ride in the back with guests.

Just two weeks ago we rode in both the front and the back, both with asking once we got to the loading platform. We had to wait an extra monorail for the front but it's worth it!

Also, for the tail there was no CM riding with us...

I'm so glad you asked this question since you were unsure! I love the monorail and I'm sure your son will, too!

We were there several years ago and riding in the front or back was OFF LIMITS!
We were told it had something to do with a heighten terrorist alert at the time.

Geemo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter