!!Monorails Beware!!

You know what I thought when we were stopped for monorail traffic out on the rails...Could the doors ever open by accident when you are stopped out in the middle of no where if the driver accidentally hits a button or something.

Once the train is put in run the doors are locked down.A driver has to have atleast 2 parking tags to open the doors.you have to be in a station to have parking tags.If you look really close there are reflectors in each station,those reflectors help the pilot line the stop up to get the parking tags and gates .What does happen though is a guest will lean on the doors and push the doors out enough that the sensor will sense the door is open and stops the train.If you have ever heard a pilot speil to please stand clear of all doors ,that means the train has a door alert.If the door alert does not clear by spealing then door bypass will be used,before door bypass can be used the pilot has to make visuals on all doors and hatches, to make sure they are closed.Once the pilot verifys all door and hatches are closed ,the pilot will get clerence more than likely to the next station,but with reduced speeds and visuals on all doors and hatches.

Once the train is put in run the doors are locked down.A driver has to have atleast 2 parking tags to open the doors.you have to be in a station to have parking tags.If you look really close there are reflectors in each station,those reflectors help the pilot line the stop up to get the parking tags and gates .

So thats what those reflectors are for! I knew that the pilot used them to know where to stop in the station, but I didnt realize that they actually served a purpose....

This thread is kindaa scary! I will definitley be more aware next time I ride the monorails. I don't have any children but taking care of myself and DF is hard enough!

This thread is kindaa scary! I will definitley be more aware next time I ride the monorails. I don't have any children but taking care of myself and DF is hard enough!

The safety record for monorails is incrediable.Safety is priorty number 1! Keep your party together,dont play musical cars at the last minute ,and dont run through closing doors and gates.If the system is cycling properly there will be another train just a few minutes away.If there is a delay on the system, pilots and platform cast members do adjust to make the inconvince has minimal has possiable.

Glad no one got hurt. You should have reported it. That's not a good thing. I'm glad that has never happened to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter