Monster Cafe At Universal Studios

phatgirl

Earning My Ears
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYBODY HAS BEEN TO
THE MONSTER CAFE IN UNIVERSAL STUDIOS???
IS IT EXPENSIVE????
IS IT WORTH IT???
IS THE FOOD GOOD??

DOES ANYONE HAS A COPY OF THE MENU WITH PRICES ???

ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL.... ;)

Hey PrettyHotAndTempting Girl! LOL(like the name)

I have eaten at Monster Cafe a couple times and the food is pretty good, JMHO. I think the noodle pasta stuff is better than the pizza they serve. The cakes and other desserts are really good, try the choclate cake! I paid about $10.00-$12.00 for pepperoni pizza and lg coke, typical theme park counter service prices. (the pasta was around $6.00, I think) I really enjoy my meals at the Monster Cafe and would urge anyone else to try it, MC is a fun place to eat. :smooth: :cool:

My DS and i went to Monster Cafe in Jan 2000. It was okay. They do have more variety than a lot of other places at USF. They are a buffet place with the food prepared and you just go through the line with a tray.

I wouldn't make it a real point to eat there again, but if you are into old horror movies then give it a try.

I ate there once (april 00), it was pretty gross. I had a cream sauced pasta dish with veggies and a really hard breadstick (around $7), yuck. But honestly I should have known better than to get pasta that's been sitting under a heat lamp. They also have roasted chicken that is probably better. The wait was very long too.

The atmosphere was pretty cool if you like the old monster movies. They show clips on monitors around the restaurant.

There really is nothing special to eat there. we were in a rush one day and got a hot dog at the stand across the street and went in the side door took a booth and watched the movies on tv, no one was there. the kids loved it as they did not know the monsters from the old flicks. if i were you i would take a tour, see the decor, and eat somwhere else like finnigans, good cold beer there have fun

This was the only place during our trip I wish we had not stepped into. The food was terrible. DS and I could barely eat ours. Only DH's chicken was any good, oh and the chocolate cake was very good. In studios i would eat at the Irish Pub. The food is great.

WOW! I seem to be in the minority on this thread. Maybe I have just been lucky enough to visit MC on its good days or my taste buds gone awry. LOL At least someone else liked the chocolate cake!:jester: :jester: :jester: ;) ;) ;)

Spaceman Spiff,

I am going to check out the Monster Cafe your
comments and everybody's are very helpful...

I actually ate there last Thursday with my girlfirend. Hehe, kind of funny, I'm at Universal even on my day off!

Anyways, don't go there expecting a gourmet meal. Monsters is just like any quickservice restaraunt in a theme park, be it universal, disney, sea world, etc. It is designed to have a quick, filling meal so you can easily get back into the theme park, riding rides. Because of the volume of sales, the food can't be that elaborate.

However, I thought the food was pretty good. Rachel had the rotisserie chicken, served with potatos and corn on the cob. It was pretty juicy. I'm a sucker for pesto, so I ordered the pesto pasta with itlain sausage and sundried tomatos. Tasty as well. The cream of brocoli soup is highly recommended.

What got me was the little touches, like the pine nuts and chiffonad basil on the pasta. I dare you to go to Disney and find garnishing in nay of the quickservice restaraunts.

second cook, I must have been there on a bad day. My pasta had none of those little touches and was extremely dry. We ate there very early, around 11:00 so it wasn't food that had set out all day.

Every time I go to USF, I make it a point to eat the pizza at Monsters Cafe...it is so yummmmy! Plus I love the lightning and thunder :)
:bounce:

I ate there in July 2000. Had the rotisserie chicken. It was one of the best counter service meals I've had at a theme park. My wife hated her meal. We don't remember what she had, but she threw it out, it was that bad. The kids had pizza, they thought it was OK.

My family and I ate at The Monster Cafe and we liked it-must have hit it on a good day!lol Every trip to US/IOA,we've always had lunch or dinner at Finnergan's and have NEVER been disappointed.You might want to look into it.Hope you have a great trip!:cool:

Finnergan's. that it, the irish pub I was talking about. Great food, but of course nothing beats Mythos at IOA

I think the chicken and pizzas at Monster are consistently good. Plus we like the monster stuff, and the semi-dark and cool dining areas to rest in.

We ate there in January, kids thought pizza was good. I had the chicken which was juicy and delicious. It was a fun place, at the end Marilyn Monroe came in and sat down at our table. (My son 10 and his friend also 10) didnt have a clue who she was supposed to be. I got it all on video and its one of my favorite memories. She had the voice down perfect!

DH & I ate at Monster 2 years ago & it was good. The coolest part was Frankenstein walking around to each table. My DH talked him into feeding me. Not the best idea in the world. Frank just kept shoving it in & I ended up with pasta in my lap. I think I wore more lunch than I ate. DH thought it was hysterical & its funny now when I think about it. But boy oh boy--it wasn't funny then... talk about mad! Try wearing your 11:30 lunch all day in 95 degree heat... it stunk too! So if you go beware of monsters who like to feed... you!

IMO it is convenient if you are in the area at lunchtime, but otherwise it is typical ThemePark food, nothing special. I'd avoid it if you consider your palate to be sophisticated. But in the big picture, it's just food right? I mean it's all the same in the end. ;)

i like spaceman spiff like monster cafe
The chicken and roasted potatoes are consistently good
the mile high apple pie is always good
the chef salad is always good.

now there may or may not be a correlation but the food seems to be a bit above the norm if they are using the china and silverware rather than the plastic plates and utensiles. if i see plastic i go elsewhere

the sci-fi / horror flicks are great if you like that kind of stuff:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter