Monsters Inc. closing for refurb??

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
My DD just turned 5 and I didn't want to watch Monsters Inc. because she thought it would be scary. I finally convinced her to watch it this afternoon and she loved it. Then I got around to downloading the app for our trip the week of 9/24 and I was playing with and noticed it has Monsters Inc. closed for our entire trip. I checked the website and it's not listed there. Is one usually more accurate? Am I now going to have disappointed kids?

Last edited:
My DD just turned 5 and I didn't want to watch Monsters Inc. because she thought it would be scary. I finally convinced her to watch it this afternoon and she loved it. Then I got around to downloading the app for our trip the week of 9/24 and I was playing with and noticed it has Monsters Inc. closed for our entire trip. I checked the website and it's not listed there. Is one usually more accurate? Am I now going to have disappointed kids?

It is now closed.....

I looked on a couple of sites and see its closed through 9/21 or 9/22. If your there until 9/24 you might still get to check it out.

For some reason the app has it closed all week the week of 9/24. Is that just a mistake of the app?

It's listed as closed on the app under Goofy's closure when I check each day. Hopefully it's just a glitch since it's not on the website and no one else seems to have heard about it being closed longer.

I just checked in the App (Android, version 4.8.1) and Monsters Inc. is showing as being closed now through Thursday (9/21). I don't see it on the list after that in September.

Hey there we will be there the same week! My apple app said the same thing about it being closed. I just checked the actual site for 9/25 and it does say it is open. This is our favorite hidden gem. Only once was the wait over 15 min on all our trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter