Monthly Income?

Ours would be around $4,200 a month. I think it has both to do with location and family size. We are a soon to be family of 5 living in Louisiana.

Our mortgage (including property taxes and hazard insurance) is more than 3K/month. Bare bones for us would be ~7000/month. Sounds like a lot, but it's where we live and the house we chose to buy and we're empty nesters with two incomes.

Ours would be about $3600 a month including our kids' private school tuition, mortgage, taxes, insurance, all utilities, gas, and groceries. We own our cars outright and have a 10 year mortgage.

$7,000 with DS's tuition. $4,000 without. When DH was between contracts, we were able to get by on my salary and his parents paid tuition for a few months.

Right around $4,500 including medical insurance, mortgage and general expenses.

We live very frugally, so I think we could survive on $2,000 a month. We do almost that now, sometimes even less with savings. But I need my savings, so I'd prefer to make it about $2,500.

$1466/month for our housing costs, utilities (electric + internet), insurance, gas, and groceries, for two adults one child. It helps that we own our cars outright and live on a property owned by my family.

Excluding the house we own that is rented out and covering its own mortgage in another state, and health care costs which are covered by DH's work so I never see the bill for. I also don't buy my child clothes since the various aunts and grandmothers seem to believe its their right and privilege to dress him.

Total is @ $4000.

The 2 major expenses for us are Healthcare $1200 (DH & I are self employed) & our mortgage is $1050.

I can see how it can become $3,000 very quickly. Living in NYC our rent alone is half that not including gas, electric, cable, etc.

Exactly. We live in New England. We have a modest house (1500 sf ranch) and our mortgage plus health insurance (we pay it all, no employer subisidy for the self employed DH) adds up to $3500, with nothing else included except mortgage and health insurance (Thank Goodness the mortgage will be paid off in about 4 years)

We could make it living exactly like we are now minus daycare for the youngest on $2500/month. I could cut that down to $1900 and still be comfy and keep DH happy. The very least we could survive on would be $1655. That is just what it would take to pay the monthly bills, eat, buy gas to get DH to and from work, and cheap internet and basic cell phones.

Ours would be around $5000.... including regular bills, food, and our gas since we both drive a good distance to work, not cutting anything current out.

I can't believe people pay those prices. My homeowners' insurance is a little over $1000/year (and my house is 50% larger than yours), and my property taxes are around $900 -- but I have a house here in the city and 40+ acres in the country on which I plan to build my retirement house. Admittedly, we have a farm discount on the country land.

Are your property taxes $900 a month or a year? Many people in our lovely New Hampshire town pay $900+ a month on just property taxes. If it's $900 a year, please share your state. If it's warm, we may want to retire there too!

Being frugal, I'm thinking around 3k a month but we are aggressively paying our mortgage off. I suppose we could lower our payment by 75% if we refinanced if something disasterous happened.

$3100 at the moment, once the car is paid off then $2700. Love the high cost of living in Chicagoland (...not...)!

Fortunately we make well over that though.

Are your property taxes $900 a month or a year? Many people in our lovely New Hampshire town pay $900+ a month on just property taxes. If it's $900 a year, please share your state. If it's warm, we may want to retire there too!

We pay about $700 a year in property taxes.
That is not a typo.
http://www.halifaxvirginia.com/business/taxes.html

We live in Virginia where we do not pay any state property taxes, only local taxes.
In places like NoVa their taxes are much higher than here in SoVa.
We have 4 seasons but I bet winter is warmer here in southern VA than it is in New Hampshire :thumbsup2

We enjoy a great quality of life in our community... http://www.gohalifaxva.com/

Feel free to share this info with any businesses you know that are looking to re-locate, expand, or find a location to manufacture goods made in the USA.

Virginia is very business friendly right-to-work state, and our local governments
are very interested in working together with businesses of all sizes to create a win-win situation for everyone.

Come visit... :goodvibes you just might want to stay!

Without cutting back, $1750 for our family of 5. That includes cable, high speed internet, Netflix, 4 cell phones, private school tuition, etc. in addition to the basics. Bare bones, I could get us down to around $1200 if need be though that wouldn't be a very fun lifestyle and I wouldn't want to get by on that little for any length of time.

However, those numbers are without a mortgage and after a major change to our health insurance (from self-employed to an employer's plan). Add in the mortgage we used to have and our private insurance premium and our number would nearly double.

That is not a typo.

We live in Virginia where we do not pay any state property taxes, only local taxes.
We have 4 seasons but I bet winter is warmer here in southern VA than it is in New Hampshire :thumbsup2

We enjoy a great quality of life in our community... http://www.gohalifaxva.com/

Feel free to share this info with any businesses you know that are looking to re-locate, expand, or find a location to manufacture goods made in the USA.

Virginia is very business friendly right-to-work state, and our local governments
are very interested in working together with businesses of all sizes to create a win-win situation for everyone.

OT...My DS and I joke about never wanting to live in Halifax because every time there is a weather bulletin in our area (central NC) it always mentions Halifax so we decided you must have the worst weather there :rotfl2:

Back on topic, ours would be $3000, although we can and have done less we would be comfortable with that. We're a family of 7, but we've always had a lower income so I've learned to stretch it and make it work. Plus we have the advantage of lower health and car insurance costs.

That is not a typo.

We will definitely keep this information in mind. We visited Williamsburg, VA which I'm assuming is in the "expensive" part of Virginia last summer. The area is very similar to New Hampshire. The kids actually remarked it feels like home here. The only difference would be that you don't get several feet of snow each year. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter