• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic AK for July

I’ve never tried to register before today but it asked me to pick a number of people, even though my reservation has 4 (I obviously picked 4). I wonder if that was a glitch in the system? It was it because I was on my phone?
Same here. I had to select a number, nothing was auto-populated.

So we just started the direct process today (have to sign closing docs with notary tomorrow), am I **** out of luck getting tickets for August 2nd?

So we just started the direct process today (have to sign closing docs with notary tomorrow), am I **** out of luck getting tickets for August 2nd?

There will be a general registration in July for more spots!

Same process but even less openings but chances are as good as anyone else’s!!

They always get used…because if I end up not needing them for people traveling with me, I give them to others….

I feel bad for anyone who loses out but not bad that I have tickets since my goal is always to get family and friends to join me because I got them which helps them need one less day of ticket.

ETA. I do think they should limit it to going to one event per year, not one event per park as that would allow more members to go with their guests.

And I thought getting a violation from you was the most frustrating thing for me to read on DISboards.

And I thought getting a violation from you was the most frustrating thing for me to read on DISboards.

I guess I don’t know why it’s frustrating. I have lots of family and friends who like to go with me throughout the year.

It’s the best part of DVC…being able to book tentative trips without worrying about getting firm commitments so far in advance!

If it helps, 4 of the 8 of us for the September trip are DVC owners. But, I have never tried for any event that I knew in advance no one would be going.

Last edited:
I don't mean for this to sound mean, nor am I directing it at you, but when I see a bunch of posts like yours that receive responses I have to wonder just how many people willfully reserve tickets for some number larger than their intended party. Otherwise, how would anyone have any extra tickets less than an hour or so after the registration closes?

I mean, July 11 is just 27 days away, so you'd think most people have their travel party pretty well set by now. I just wonder what number of possible reservation spots are taken up by members who increase their reservation party on the chance that someone might join them last minute (obviously as we get closer, then people DROPPING from reservations will open some extra spots up to be shared with others, but I'm curious about extra tickets at the front end, not the back end). We've definitely seen posts in the past where members deliberately reserve a larger villa in order to increase their MM party size, well before they've even made their actual travel plans (see if you get the MM tickets, if not then cancel the room res.). Every time I see a post asking in general if anyone has any extra tickets, there always seems to be some number of people who say they do. Right out of the gate.

I guess what I'm saying is I often wonder if the person who turns around and gives you one or two of their tickets had simply reserved for the number of people they actually anticipate will be attending, you might have been able to register directly and been saved the stress and heartache.

And on that note, folks can flame away. I'm sure there are plenty who will say "Well, it's first come, first served, and I have every right to reserve as many tickets as I want up to the capacity of my room".

Oh, and I absolutely do hope that you do find some tickets.
Poster here that was asking about extra tickets. I really don’t know how someone would have extra tickets. The scenario I’m thinking of is last minute illness or some unanticipated circumstance. This spring we had to cancel a trip - about 10 days out - because of a death in the family. Hopefully, no one has that happen but those are what I think of.

Well DonMacGregor, I for one will agree with you and add that when I see this sort of post asking for "extra" tickets, my first thought isn't that they as eligible members were not able to score the tickets, but instead were either not eligible members or were renters or other Disney guests that were playing on people feeling bad for them. Some probably were not able to get in and get the tickets, but there is the second chance registration next week that does not appear they are in favor of giving it a try. And why is that? Why ask now and not after the second date when they could make another go of it. Yes, yes, I know people have time constraints and all that...

So bring it on to all those that my post hits a nerve with. I stayed out of the thread about the people who rent commercially especially in excess. Funny how that one had so many posts and then died suddenly.
We have had our membership since 2001, BLUE card. We’ve never attended a MM event and are staying at a MK DVC - I don’t feel comfortable saying which one. I can understand your suspicion but we 100% qualify - I even called MS yesterday to verify we were all set - and today only had one device and got SHUT OUT.

Poster here that was asking about extra tickets. I really don’t know how someone would have extra tickets. The scenario I’m thinking of is last minute illness or some unanticipated circumstance. This spring we had to cancel a trip - about 10 days out - because of a death in the family. Hopefully, no one has that happen but those are what I think of.

These things do happen. The last event we went to in 2019 I ended up with two extra tickets because two of my guests ended up deciding not to go. And I gifted them to some nice new DVC owners!

I have no idea how the process works lol

There will be virtual que link that will be on the website, and posted here. You can enter the que early but numbers are randomly assigned at 11:00 am.

After that, it’s pure luck based on the random number you are assigned!

You are allowed to reserve a total number of tickets equal to the maximum capacity of your reserved villa. I have a 2BR reserved for July. I only need 3 tickets to MM, but could have reserved 8 spots.

You are allowed to reserve a total number of tickets equal to the maximum capacity of your reserved villa. I have a 2BR reserved for July. I only need 3 tickets to MM, but could have reserved 8 spots.
I did not realize that. Frustrating day, but hope springs eternal. 😀

I did not realize that. Frustrating day, but hope springs eternal. 😀

They only allow you to go that high if you have that many guests listed on the reservation and they have to have been added at least 48 hours in advance.

I believe you are allowed only the number of people listed during early reservation but not sure if they let you get 5 if you have less than 5 since open registration gives up to 5.

They only allow you to go that high if you have that many guests listed on the reservation and they have to have been added at least 48 hours in advance.

I believe you are allowed only the number of people listed during early reservation but not sure if they let you get 5 if you have less than 5 since open registration gives up to 5.
But you yourself said earlier:
I will readily admit that I do reserve the maximum for the room I have booked just in case I have more people going that what was for sure when of when registration opens.

But you yourself said earlier:

Yes that is what I said. I book the maximum because I may end up with the maximum by the time the trip comes. So. I list guests who might want to go ahead of time and see how it goes.

Like for September, I had 8 people listed as guests-because we might end up with 8 but only two of us were for sure when registration opened in April.

I also said they are not phantom guests. They are real family and friends who get invited and if someone says no, I ask others and why I said the tickets never go unused.

My goal is to get that many family or friends to actually go. So, I add the guests so I can get the maximum and invite people.

But, I don’t book for the sake of booking if there is no one going on a trip. Like I didn’t try today because I knew I wouldn’t be there in July or August.

Last edited:
Yes that is what I said. I book the maximum because I may end up with the maximum by the time the trip comes. So. I list the guests who might want to go ahead of time and see how it goes.

Like for September, I had 8 people listed as guests-because we might end up with 8 but only two of us were for sure when registration opened in April.

I also said they are not phantom guests. They are real family and friends who get invited and if someone says no, I ask others and why I said the tickets never go unused.

It’s why I don’t feel bad because my goal is to get that many family or friends to actually go.

But, I don’t book for the sake of booking if there is no one going on a trip. Like I didn’t try today because I knew I wouldn’t be there in July or August.
My point being that you can throw any names on the reservation. I can add sisters, brothers in law, nieces or nephews. None of whom are phantom, but none of whom are confirmed (or even likely) to go.

I'm not sure why you are personalizing a general question. My question wasn’t about you or anyone else in particular, it was a general curiosity about how people can offer to give up “extra” tickets within hours of registration closing. That is a fact, regardless of whether other people intend to use all of their slots or not. No one said you were adding phony guests. No one suggested you (or anyone else in particular) were running up the reservations or hoarding slots, and no one would have been the wiser or cared either way, because what you do is not what we were talking about.

But, at the risk of being repetitive, there are people who clearly have extra tickets shortly after making their MM reservations (as in the same day or within several days) and adding a few random names to a reservation that can easily be modified later is a rather low bar, whether you intend to invite specific folks along or just want a few extra tickets “just in case”. That may not represent your booking habits, but no one ever suggested it was.

Last edited:
So, I am trying to figure this out. I had the queue open prior to 11:00 a.m. When it entered me into the que, I literally was at 9,500. Does anyone know how they put you into the queue.

Also, I believe the membership benefit is open to only DVC members who have a qualifying reservation on that night and are a direct member. So if there are 10 DVC resorts in Orlando and let's assume each property has an average of 500 rooms. I am sure someone knows the exact number. So that is a total is 5,000 rooms. How does someone wind up upon entering the queue at #9,500 -immediately at 11:00 a.m. I can understand the tickets selling out if what I am reading is it's the capacity of the room. I thought it was a limited number per member. Clearly not the case

What am I missing about understanding the number of eligible members in the queue

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter