Moonlight Magic AK for July

Also wondering about DVC process/website/IT--I got the link for a "qualified reservation" to book MM early. I was booked resale points, but also have a qualified direct membership. When I tried to log in with my direct points membership, the link said "not valid," but I could get tickets with my resale contract-I'm taking my direct membership card for pick-up.
I had a similar situation (booked w/my resale points but I am a blue card holder). I was concerned about this (https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-registration.3913532/page-14#post-64866589) and called member services prior to the AK MM early registration last week and confirmed that I needed to use the reservation membership # when registering for the event. But while on the phone, he also put me on a brief hold to do something in the background and ensure that my reservation would qualify based on my blue card status and that I would get the e-mail. So it might be worth the call if anyone else is in the similar situation in the future.

Last edited:
@herrmannpt & @Mickeynutty - Between the 2 of you, it sounds like you are looking for 5 tickets total tomorrow for July 11th (unless things have changed). Since I believe that the max you can register is 5 for general registration, maybe you should try working together tomorrow to increase your chances? Just a thought.

Reading this thread makes me believe that DVC is not as organized as I expected.
Correct me if I am wrong - it is unacceptable that DVC allows members without reservations to use the early registration link. It is so unfair to the members with reservations and travel plans (including planned PTOs, paid flights and other travel items for the trip). If a member without reservation took the spot from one with reservations, will the latter be able to cancel the booked DVC stay and flights without penalties? Very unlikely....
DVC needs to do a better job to protect members with reservations if they really want to differentiate between reserved and un-reserved members. If everyone gets the same chance, I won't be bother booking my reservation for the event night several months ago.
For me, I booked my DVC for the MM event @July 11th, but did not receive the link for early registration at all. Since I have booked my flights with Southwest, I can cancel it without penalty. The worst $$$ loss for me would be the DVC points used to book my stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am glad that I have not yet paid for the non-refundable tickets for the After-hour event at EPCOT @July 12th.
Anyhow, members' time and money can be greatly impacted negatively under current DVC process for MM registrations. DVC needs to fix this ASAP.
You must have a resort reservation to try to tickets during early registration.

So, no one without something was allowed to try to get those tickets. And you are allowed to book up to the number of guests on those reservations.

There is simply no way for all DVC owners who have them to get tickets to the event because there are not enough spots.

Also wondering about DVC process/website/IT--I got the link for a "qualified reservation" to book MM early. I was booked resale points, but also have a qualified direct membership. When I tried to log in with my direct points membership, the link said "not valid," but I could get tickets with my resale contract-I'm taking my direct membership card for pick-up.

Definitely have your digital card with you. The reason you enter the non elgible membership during early reservation is because that is what held the trip in which made you elgible to get tickets during the early registration.

But, they will check you are eligible when you arrive.

I am on the page and not refreshing ****..
Just a tip - since the people already waiting are assigned a random number when the event starts, if you happen to have more than 1 device, you may want to try clicking on the link right at 11:00am. For the last registration, I had a few different devices waiting but the best # was achieved by my daughter clicking the link on my phone when the count down timer hit 0. She was so proud of herself. 😁

You must have a resort reservation to try to tickets during early registration.

So, no one without something was allowed to try to get those tickets. And you are allowed to book up to the number of guests on those reservations.

There is simply no way for all DVC owners who have them to get tickets to the event because there are not enough spots.
Thanks for clarifying this for me!

So it is a very big time and monetary risk for members who planned and booked everything - it is likely that the member will not get the tickets.

My number 1155 and now still 313 ahead of me. The registration is closed now.

Guess I will have to waste my 2 nights worth points at animal kingdom kidani villiage.....

Kids are going to be really upset.....

I need 4 tickets in total. Please let me know if you change your plan or have extra to share. Thanks a lot,

I got 1780 but didn't get in. Second time trying as I didn't get in last week. Bummer! Have fun everyone who got tickets!

So it is a very big time and monetary risk for members who planned and booked everything - it is likely that the member will not get the tickets.
Disagree with this. Anecdotally, I think each event accommodates more than 50% of members staying on-site. If you look at commentary online, there are far more people voicing satisfaction at getting in than those who come away disappointed.

Odds favor getting in, but it's definitely not 100%. Booking a trip specifically around Moonlight Magic would be a poor decision IMO. If it happens to overlap with a planned trip, so be it. And if you can't get in, shrug shoulders, enjoy trip and say "maybe next time." (I know, easier said than done. But I don't see the point in setting oneself up for disappointment. Don't let MM dictate your plans)

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying this for me!

I agree with Tim - I wouldn't book a trip (at least wouldn't book anything that couldn't be canceled without penalty) just on the assumption that I'd get tickets to MM. I'd just be happy if one was scheduled when I was going to be there and I was able to get tickets.

Disagree with this. Anecdotally, I think each event accommodates more than 50% of members staying on-site. If you look at commentary online, there are far more people voicing satisfaction at getting in than those who come away disappointed.

Odds favor getting in, but it's definitely not 100%. Booking a trip specifically around Moonlight Magic would be a poor decision IMO. If it happens to overlap with a planned trip, so be it. And if you can't get in, shrug shoulders, enjoy trip and say "maybe next time." (I know, easier said than done. But I don't see the point in setting oneself up for disappointment. Don't let MM dictate your plans)
Thanks for the info. As a newbie to MM, I learned my lesson the hard way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter