Moonlight Magic AK for July

Luckily, I was able to register yesterday for the July 11 Moonlight Magic (yay!)

That said, I am just curious - is it ever possible to get into a Moonlight Magic event once the registration date has passed? If, for example, another member's plans change and they cancel their MM registration, opening up spots? Especially since Disney provides a link to cancel if you are not able to attend...

Luckily, I was able to register yesterday for the July 11 Moonlight Magic (yay!)

That said, I am just curious - is it ever possible to get into a Moonlight Magic event once the registration date has passed? If, for example, another member's plans change and they cancel their MM registration, opening up spots? Especially since Disney provides a link to cancel if you are not able to attend...
They don't reopen registration if someone cancels after general registration closes.

Okay, then why would they ask you to cancel if your plans change and you won't be able to attend the event?
Maybe for planning and staffing reasons?

@Sandisw Good thought that it may be planning, but I wouldn't expect enough cancelations to impact staffing. Maybe like airlines overselling flights. If X% of people cancel then during open registration they oversell by that amount (or an allotment of that amount).

For planning they could have:
# of people registered (including guests)
# of people who didn't cancel
# of people that checkin (although if a partial party checks in, they may register the entire party as arrived)

Luckily enough to get July 11 @AK. General Question... do rides close exactly at 10pm or is it the same policy as any other closing - as long as your in line at park closing they'll let you ride? Thinking this is the best way to not waste time for Flight of Passage.

Luckily enough to get July 11 @AK. General Question... do rides close exactly at 10pm or is it the same policy as any other closing - as long as your in line at park closing they'll let you ride? Thinking this is the best way to not waste time for Flight of Passage.
Depends on the attraction. The followup email that you should receive shortly before the event will indicate if any attractions close prior to the end of the event. That information should also be on the event guide which might be attached to that email as a PDF document.

This was how it was last March for Moonlight Magic at Epcot. We jumped in line for Remy about 10-15 minutes before the end of the event and they let everyone in line ride. I remember getting out after the ending time. Hope they do it the same for Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom!

My email says we can enter the park at 6:00pm (two hours before the event begins, one hour before the park closes). From looking online, it seems like they have previously let people into the event two hours before the park closes, which would be 5:00. Is DAK different, or will they let people in earlier than 6:00pm?

My email says we can enter the park at 6:00pm (two hours before the event begins, one hour before the park closes). From looking online, it seems like they have previously let people into the event two hours before the park closes, which would be 5:00. Is DAK different, or will they let people in earlier than 6:00pm?
I went to Moonlight Magic at DAK last July. The event itself ran from 9:00pm-12:00am. We were allowed into the park at 7pm. The park closed at 8:00 last year and so there was an hour between park closing and the event officially starting. Looks like it is similar this year with being let in at 6:00pm, the park closes at 7:00pm, and then the event starts an hour later officially at 8:00pm.

Did everyone receive their party email confirming times and rides for for AK 7/11? I did not or possibly deleted it on accident

Just got it!!

PS - confirmation, not instructions. I'm going on August 2.

Last edited:
I am curious what the end time is? I have tix for the August MM but cannot find the end time given anywhere. I am assuming it will be 8-11 but was hoping for a midnight end time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter