Moonlight Magic AK

I was lucky to get two tickets to the September MM. We have a friend who just told us they are at Disney at the same time as us. Am I able to try for another ticket today?
It will probably say you are already registered and won't let you continue. If you still have the registration confirmation email you can click the link in that email and see if you are able to adjust the number of guests.

Reactions: rlk
It will probably say you are already registered and won't let you continue. If you still have the registration confirmation email you can click the link in that email and see if you are able to adjust the number of guests.
Thanks for the quick response. I'm a bit nervous to try to modify my reservation. I think my friend will just go to the MK extra hours that night.

All dates have reached capacity. Bummed out as I couldn’t register for the first round as my reservation is under my sister in law’s membership because I’m out of points for the year.

I missed out on this second opportunity for July 26. I ended up with 1130 when the queue opened. I reached 46 before receiving the message.

July 26 is our 25th wedding anniversary. MM would have been a great way to celebrate. This is the first time a member event has ever lined up with one of our trips. We have been members for 15 years.

To say that I'm bummed out is an understatement.

I missed out on this second opportunity for July 26. I ended up with 1130 when the queue opened. I reached 46 before receiving the message.

July 26 is our 25th wedding anniversary. MM would have been a great way to celebrate. This is the first time a member event has ever lined up with one of our trips. We have been members for 15 years.

To say that I'm bummed out is an understatement.
Sorry to hear that, but happy anniversary! Our first member event that lined up with stay availability was June 2020 - I managed to get a BWV room and tickets to EP MM and, well, we all know how that went ...

Hopefully you get many special moments for your anniversary nonetheless. We went to WDW for a long weekend for our 25th and did an after hours event at HS. We drank a lot of free champagne and sparkling wine. 2 nights, 2 dinners - California Grill and V&A.

Please let me know if I'm understanding this correctly. I see on the website, it states the following...
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter a park before the event, valid theme park admission and reservation are required.
So if the event entry starts at 6:00, I assume that means that eligible participants can enter at 6:00 even w/o theme park tickets?
If some of our party has tickets and some do not, those of us with tickets and AK reservations can enter AK earlier and then meet the rest of our party (w/o theme park tickets) at 6:00 to register for MM?
Is this correct?
TIA

Please let me know if I'm understanding this correctly. I see on the website, it states the following...
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter a park before the event, valid theme park admission and reservation are required.
So if the event entry starts at 6:00, I assume that means that eligible participants can enter at 6:00 even w/o theme park tickets?
If some of our party has tickets and some do not, those of us with tickets and AK reservations can enter AK earlier and then meet the rest of our party (w/o theme park tickets) at 6:00 to register for MM?
Is this correct?
TIA

Yes, those without tickets can enter at 6. If the DVC members are in the park, they can usually pick up bands and vouchers at a designated DVC kiosk in the park at say 4:00 pm. One person can then walk out of the park to give them to the non-ticketed guests, who can then enter at 6.

At least, that’s how HS worked. If our experience is the norm, the line inside the park was not very long near the time they opened, about 5 minutes. About an hour later, the line was about 4 times as long, but looked to move quickly.

Last edited:
Here's another question, if anyone can answer, I'd appreciate it. When I signed up for MM I gave a number of people based on who I believed at the time to be attending the event with us (7 out of 8 guests on the room reservation), but now it seems that one of the people in our room reservation has changed their mind and wants to attend although they weren't in the original count.
So is the number of allowed guests based on the number entered at the time of the event registration or does it go off the number of guests on the room reservation?

Here's another question, if anyone can answer, I'd appreciate it. When I signed up for MM I gave a number of people based on who I believed at the time to be attending the event with us (7 out of 8 guests on the room reservation), but now it seems that one of the people in our room reservation has changed their mind and wants to attend although they weren't in the original count.
So is the number of allowed guests based on the number entered at the time of the event registration or does it go off the number of guests on the room reservation?
I don't have first hand experience, but my guess is that is goes off of the event registration number, not the hotel registration. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a need to enter the amount - it could automatically generate the number based on your hotel reservation. It's why some members simply reserve the highest number possible based on their hotel reservation regardless (it's easier/better to have one extra than be one short..)

I don't have first hand experience, but my guess is that is goes off of the event registration number, not the hotel registration. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a need to enter the amount - it could automatically generate the number based on your hotel reservation. It's why some members simply reserve the highest number possible based on their hotel reservation regardless (it's easier/better to have one extra than be one short..)
I'm pretty sure the maximum allowed is five. My issue with the system is that those with fewer than five guests on the reservation are likely still indicating that they need five tickets. That leaves people like me -- those who were minutes away from securing tickets -- out of the event. I got to 46 before getting the "sold out" notice. I only need two, which is what I would have requested.

I assume that there are lots of no shows because people choose the max.

Perhaps some kind soul will give me some of those extra slots.

I'm pretty sure the maximum allowed is five. My issue with the system is that those with fewer than five guests on the reservation are likely still indicating that they need five tickets. That leaves people like me -- those who were minutes away from securing tickets -- out of the event. I got to 46 before getting the "sold out" notice. I only need two, which is what I would have requested.

It is 5 or how many are on room reservation ( so can get more than 5 if in a bigger room ).

Oh I understand how frustrating it can be. I’m just explaining the rationale for some that book the max then figure out their guests later (even if they aren’t used). How often is this being done? No way to know for sure, but I’m sure it happens.

As others have mentioned, DVC probably wants its members to bring guests so the event acts as a sales pitch.

That said, the new TOTWL rules state that only guests on a hotel reservation are allowed in with the member, so there seems to be inconsistencies there.

If I had any extras, I’d certainly help you out, but I only took two for my wife and I.

Good luck

You can also try calling as it gets closer, even up to the day of. I was able to get a spot at Typhoon Lagoon a few years ago by calling. It doesn't hurt to try.

I just called DVC and, after checking with her supervisor, she said there are no more tickets to Moonlight Magic and if someone cancels, they are not offering them to others.
I thought that I’d check to see if any member hav 2 reservations that they definitely won’t be using, for myself and my 14 year old son, for July 28th. I am staying on site and will be staying on site the nights of July 25th, which offers extra evening hours at Epcot, and July 27th, which offers extra evening hours at Magic Kingdom. As we only have 2 people at Old Key West, I would be happy to put at least 2 people on my reservation, so you can enjoy extra evening hours, or pool time. Just PM me if you have 2 extra re to the July 26th MM event. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter