• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic AK

We have AP’s and park reservations in AK because we want to do the shows and the Safari. We will be signing in as close to 4 as we can. Will the food vouchers be good then? It seems to indicate yes. Does anyone know?
The food vouchers may not be valid until 6 pm. The actual voucher will indicate where and when they can be used.

We will be attending the AK MM on 9/28. It looks like AK closes at 7:00 both next week and on 9/28, so I am assuming that we will be allowed in at 6:00 as well. Next week, the safari closes at 7:00, so attendees will have the chance to ride it. But the Disney calendar shows the safari closing at 5:30 on 9/28, so there will be no chance to ride it for those entering at 6:00. I am hoping they will adjust the hours and have it close at 7:00 to give us a chance like everyone else.

I also have a couple of questions. At the last party, was anyone allowed to enter a few minutes before the entry time, or were they right on the dot? And the email says DVC members can park at 6:00 p.m. Would it be better to use Disney transportation so that you can ensure being able to enter the park right at 6:00? Otherwise, by the time you park and walk to the gate, you've already lost several minutes.

We will be attending the AK MM on 9/28. It looks like AK closes at 7:00 both next week and on 9/28, so I am assuming that we will be allowed in at 6:00 as well.
Usually, you can get in 2 hours before closing. If the closing time remains at 7:00, then you should be able to get in at 5:00.

Usually, you can get in 2 hours before closing. If the closing time remains at 7:00, then you should be able to get in at 5:00.
None of the parties at AK have allowed members in 2 hours before closing. The one in July was 1 hour, and the email that was just sent out for next week's event is 1 hour before as well.

the email says DVC members can park at 6:00 p.m. Would it be better to use Disney transportation so that you can ensure being able to enter the park right at 6:00? Otherwise, by the time you park and walk to the gate, you've already lost several minutes.
Are you staying onsite? In that case, you can enter and park free at any time that day. The 6:00 PM is for DVC members coming from offsite who would have to pay for parking - I guess that saving the $25 parking fee is worth missing a few minutes of time in the park, before the park closes to regular guests.

Are you staying onsite? In that case, you can enter and park free at any time that day. The 6:00 PM is for DVC members coming from offsite who would have to pay for parking - I guess that saving the $25 parking fee is worth missing a few minutes of time in the park, before the park closes to regular guests.
Yes, we are onsite. I didn't think about the fact that we can park there for free at anytime. Thanks for the information!

Been dead all afternoon in AK with everything a walk on. Everyone is arriving for the Moonlight Magic event and it looks like it’ll be more crowded now then it’s been all afternoon. We’ll see how it goes!

Been dead all afternoon in AK with everything a walk on. Everyone is arriving for the Moonlight Magic event and it looks like it’ll be more crowded now then it’s been all afternoon. We’ll see how it goes!
Epcot was like that on Tuesday,and MK on Monday.

Epcot was like that on Tuesday,and MK on Monday.
Yep, same for us with Epcot on Monday. Moonlight Magic was a little more crowded than the afternoon “crowds” yesterday but not too bad at all. Although it seemed that everyone went over to FoP so that line went up to 40 minutes whereas it was a walk on all afternoon. The snack coupons were a great way to sample all kinds of new snacks around the park so that was a lot of fun. I found a new favorite - Scar’s Lair which is a dole whip with sour apple syrup. So good! All in all, a really nice evening!

I got my email too. We’ll probably get there around 4:00, depending on afternoon rain.
Why are you planning to be there at 4? I thought you could not get in until 6 unless you had a regular park reservation?

What type of merchandise is available at the MM @ AK?
Basically nothing. Absolutely nothing special.

Also no free water etc as in years past and only Mickey Bars & Strawberry bars, I was hoping they'd have the ice cream sandwiches too. Definitely felt the cost cutting with those and the snack credits vs. meal credits before.

Basically nothing. Absolutely nothing special.

Also no free water etc as in years past and only Mickey Bars & Strawberry bars, I was hoping they'd have the ice cream sandwiches too. Definitely felt the cost cutting with those and the snack credits vs. meal credits before.
I heard from a friend that all they could find was a Pin. No Shirts, Hats, etc

Is there a way to know what other snacks are available besides the Mickey bars and Strawberry bars? Deciding on dinner options for the late September MM at AK.

Thanks!

Is there a way to know what other snacks are available besides the Mickey bars and Strawberry bars? Deciding on dinner options for the late September MM at AK.

Thanks!

We had a lot of trouble finding things to use our snack credits on. Yes, restaurants were open to accept the snack credit coupons but each place had a sign out front stating what you could use your snack credits on and in many places it boiled down to fries, pretzels, cupcakes, and bottled drinks. The Harambe Fruit Market had fruit and corn on the cob and such. We never checked Harambe Market so maybe they had more interesting options.

We just found it really frustarting. We ended up using about 7 coupons on chicken dumplings from Mr. Kamal's because it was the closest thing to something marginally substantial we could find.

All of this would have been fine had that been communicated to us in advance. Had we known it would be like that we would have eaten a larger meal before we went.

We had a lot of trouble finding things to use our snack credits on. Yes, restaurants were open to accept the snack credit coupons but each place had a sign out front stating what you could use your snack credits on and in many places it boiled down to fries, pretzels, cupcakes, and bottled drinks. The Harambe Fruit Market had fruit and corn on the cob and such. We never checked Harambe Market so maybe they had more interesting options.

We just found it really frustarting. We ended up using about 7 coupons on chicken dumplings from Mr. Kamal's because it was the closest thing to something marginally substantial we could find.

All of this would have been fine had that been communicated to us in advance. Had we known it would be like that we would have eaten a larger meal before we went.
Lol this was us - I ate like 18 chicken dumplings

Yep, same for us with Epcot on Monday. Moonlight Magic was a little more crowded than the afternoon “crowds” yesterday but not too bad at all. Although it seemed that everyone went over to FoP so that line went up to 40 minutes whereas it was a walk on all afternoon. The snack coupons were a great way to sample all kinds of new snacks around the park so that was a lot of fun. I found a new favorite - Scar’s Lair which is a dole whip with sour apple syrup. So good! All in all, a really nice evening!
We got to FoP around 7:45 it was back to a walk on basically

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter