Moonlight magic at epcot

I really hope I get in. Never been to any previously and I am hoping I don’t miss out!

I spoke with member services this morning. I was told it was check in or check out date.
Did they say when registration links would be sent out?

Do I understand correctly that we will pre-register tomorrow (or today, if the email goes out) and actually find out whether or not we get tickets on Tuesday?

This is my first time trying to register more than 5 ppl. I have a 2 bedroom with 9 on the reservation, as long as I pick that registration I don't need to do anything else, correct? 9ppl will pop up as an option?

This is my first time trying to register more than 5 ppl. I have a 2 bedroom with 9 on the reservation, as long as I pick that registration I don't need to do anything else, correct? 9ppl will pop up as an option?
The registration process should allow you to enter 9 for the number of guests that will attend.

I'm a bit confused about the early registration requirements...maybe someone can clarify...

The MM website indicates that most, if not all, Disney resorts are "included" (whatever included means), but I have not received an email, even though I have made a reservation at an "included" non-DVC resort paying cash that is linked in MDE. Is this reservation not eligible for early registration?

I'm a bit confused about the early registration requirements...maybe someone can clarify...

The MM website indicates that most, if not all, Disney resorts are "included" (whatever included means), but I have not received an email, even though I have made a reservation at an "included" non-DVC resort paying cash that is linked in MDE. Is this reservation not eligible for early registration?
I think I have my answer...for anyone interested, it looks like those reservations have to be made through the "collection" using vacation points. Oh well...

I think I have my answer...for anyone interested, it looks like those reservations have to be made through the "collection" using vacation points. Oh well...
Cash stays made through the regular Disney Reservation Center (or a TA) should also be eligible.

Cash stays made through the regular Disney Reservation Center (or a TA) should also be eligible.
That's what I would have thought. But according to the CM I spoke with, the reservation would need to be linked to your DVC membership, which means that it would need to go through the collection...although I know they can link MDE and DVC together if they wanted to...

That's what I would have thought. But according to the CM I spoke with, the reservation would need to be linked to your DVC membership, which means that it would need to go through the collection...although I know they can link MDE and DVC together if they wanted to...
If that’s true, it’s a change from previous years, which of course is entirely possible. Since attendance at MM is limited, maybe they’re trying to reduce the pool of members eligible for early registration to those who will be there using their DVC membership? And those who are staying on non-points reservations can try during general registration?

If that’s true, it’s a change from previous years, which of course is entirely possible. Since attendance at MM is limited, maybe they’re trying to reduce the pool of members eligible for early registration to those who will be there using their DVC membership? And those who are staying on non-points reservations can try during general registration?
This is what's being reported on Facebook as well. Disney changed this without telling anyone and supposedly those who are not using their points in some form are not eligible for Moonlight Magic even if staying with cash.

It's probably due to too many people who were actually staying on points being unable to attend Moonlight Magic because the events would sell out so quickly.

This is what's being reported on Facebook as well. Disney changed this without telling anyone and supposedly those who are not using their points in some form are not eligible for Moonlight Magic even if staying with cash.

It's probably due to too many people who were actually staying on points being unable to attend Moonlight Magic because the events would sell out so quickly.
Based on posts, there have been a lot of DVC members staying on DVC points who have been shut out of Moonlight Magic.

I’m not happy that Disney did not make this new policy clear ahead of time but IMO DVC members staying on DVC points should be given priority.

I just literally missed it as i was registering it went to sold out. I have never made a free member event in 24 years of membership….did everything right and didnt get in. I’m disgusted with the anticipation, expectations and disappointment. I don’t even want to go now. I know it wasn’t a guarantee but I figured at #9887 I was getting in. I may just rent out the rez and forget the whole thing. Lots of points, lots of bs.

I just literally missed it as i was registering it went to sold out. I have never made a free member event in 24 years of membership….did everything right and didnt get in. I’m disgusted with the anticipation, expectations and disappointment. I don’t even want to go now. I know it wasn’t a guarantee but I figured at #9887 I was getting in. I may just rent out the rez and forget the whole thing. Lots of points, lots of bs.
I’m sorry you didn’t get in =/. Unfortunately 9887 is a pretty poor position. You have to keep in mind 9887 doesn’t mean you’re the 9887th person, you’re the 9887th party and when people are signing up groups of 5+, spots go fast.

It was me. Just me and I didnt make it in. Been trying for free events since they started. Never made it. And I refuse to pay $154+ for a one day park ticket. I’m beyond frustrated…and getting done pouring money into the mouse.

I’m sorry you didn’t get in =/. Unfortunately 9887 is a pretty poor position. You have to keep in mind 9887 doesn’t mean you’re the 9887th person, you’re the 9887th party and when people are signing up groups of 5+, spots go fast.
Which is annoying when its just me. Should be limited to members only. 24 years a member cant get into a free event. I’m super frustrated and done bothering. We were there in December- no parks. This time, IF I go, I’m going to Universal. The mouse has gotten enough of me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter