Moonlight magic at epcot

And as far as the position, I was in the link an hour early. Are we supposed to get into that page at midnight? It’s ridiculous already.

Which is annoying when its just me. Should be limited to members only. 24 years a member cant get into a free event. I’m super frustrated and done bothering. We were there in December- no parks. This time, IF I go, I’m going to Universal. The mouse has gotten enough of me.
That’s what we did during our last trip in December. Universal was actually great for Christmas. We managed to get on Hagrid’s in an hour which is amazing for peak season. Our Disney blackout dates were a blessing in disguise.

Although we are new members (coming up on our 1 year anniversary) I think it would be valuable for DVC to do at least one MM a year where people get access windows based on years of membership, similar how they do Castaway Club. I would hate for them all to be that way, but I think it would be smart for Disney to do something to recognize the most loyal fans who have been with them for 20+ years. It does seem like a shame that someone could be a member for two decades and never manage to get in to a single event.

From what I can tell, people with numbers as high as 9600 were getting in.

For last year’s MM at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, I think the number was a lot lower than this.

Perhaps letting more in for Epcot?

And as far as the position, I was in the link an hour early. Are we supposed to get into that page at midnight? It’s ridiculous already.
I think part of the problem may be a member signing in on multiple devices.
I was reading on another post that people were signed on to the sign up page using multiple devices and I am not sure how that effects the system.

For last year’s MM at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, I think the number was a lot lower than this.

I was also wondering what the highest successful number was for Epcot on 3/1. I figure that the average DVC member probably had 3-4 accounts trying, so 9600 might actually be 3000-5000...and that's split over 2 nights? But if the average person brings 4 people then you're talking about maybe 10,000 per event?

Also, it makes sense Epcot should have higher capacity because much (most?) of AK closes down at night.

While we've only been members for around 10 years, I know there are lots of folks who have invested much more than we have. And the more DVC memberships that are sold, the more of a logistical headache these events will be for everyone.

It seems like there are things they can do to improve fairness, like maybe limiting MM events annually by purchaser (not by park by membership), even if only for early registration.

I think part of the problem may be a member signing in on multiple devices.
I was reading on another post that people were signed on to the sign up page using multiple devices and I am not sure how that effects the system.
That actually makes higher numbers MORE likely to get in. If a member has 6 devices open (6 queue spots), once they register, the other 5 queue spots just disappear (expire) and the queue number drops by 6 even though only one member made a reservation. Now that member might add 9 people to their reservation so that takes up actual attendance spots, but it's still only one member making a reservation even though they may have 6 (or more) spots in the queue.

I just literally missed it as i was registering it went to sold out. I have never made a free member event in 24 years of membership….did everything right and didnt get in. I’m disgusted with the anticipation, expectations and disappointment. I don’t even want to go now. I know it wasn’t a guarantee but I figured at #9887 I was getting in. I may just rent out the rez and forget the whole thing. Lots of points, lots of bs.
If 3/1 is showing sold out now, does that mean they cancel the 2/15 general registration or do they save spots for that?

That actually makes higher numbers MORE likely to get in. If a member has 6 devices open (6 queue spots), once they register, the other 5 queue spots just disappear (expire) and the queue number drops by 6 even though only one member made a reservation. Now that member might add 9 people to their reservation so that takes up actual attendance spots, but it's still only one member making a reservation even though they may have 6 (or more) spots in the queue.
This may be true however how many people know this is what might be going on.
Imagine you are unaware of this practice, you log on and see you are 9000+ in line, you think you are never getting in so you give up and log out. I know in the past this is exactly what I have done till I started reading about people being on multiple devices.

This in my opinion does not give everybody a fair chance. It should be one log in per membership.

This may be true however how many people know this is what might be going on.
Imagine you are unaware of this practice, you log on and see you are 9000+ in line, you think you are never getting in so you give up and log out. I know in the past this is exactly what I have done till I started reading about people being on multiple devices.

This in my opinion does not give everybody a fair chance. It should be one log in per membership.
It should be one log on per member. I agree. I used my ipad. Never crossed my mind to use multiple devices. I wasn’t looking to cheat the system, just wanted one spot. Oh well. I don’t think I want to set myself up for further disappointment. Probably won’t try again. Have fun for those of you who made it!

Possibly, or maybe the groups registring were smaller, so they could accommodate more groups. It was just me, and I showed number 4112, and I got in for the January event.

Last edited:

Probably that high because of the 2 different dates available.

It should be one log on per member. I agree. I used my ipad. Never crossed my mind to use multiple devices. I wasn’t looking to cheat the system, just wanted one spot. Oh well. I don’t think I want to set myself up for further disappointment. Probably won’t try again. Have fun for those of you who made it!
Technically, it is only one reservation per member - logging on via multiple devices isn't cheating the system. Once a member gets their confirmation, the other devices are useless and they'll remove them. So why log out of the queue early? It updates regularly and goes down at a decent rate. If you don't get a reservation, it's not because of all the slots held in front of you, but the actual legit member reservations made in front of you.

Technically, it is only one reservation per member - logging on via multiple devices isn't cheating the system. Once a member gets their confirmation, the other devices are useless and they'll remove them. So why log out of the queue early? It updates regularly and goes down at a decent rate. If you don't get a reservation, it's not because of all the slots held in front of you, but the actual legit member reservations made in front of you.
Thanks. Understood. I was #9887. And I understand and respect all points of view. I’m just sick of the race to get a simple thing. I’ve come to the conclusion, and it’s just my own opinion that “member exclusivity” really just boils down to good marketing.

Which is annoying when its just me. Should be limited to members only. 24 years a member cant get into a free event. I’m super frustrated and done bothering. We were there in December- no parks. This time, IF I go, I’m going to Universal. The mouse has gotten enough of me.
It is for members only! What time did you log on? I logged on at 11am was 5200 on my phone and 7500 on my laptop. Got my 5 tickets for March 1st by 11:42am

You are correct it is only one reservation per membership however this is what I talked about earlier.

"This may be true however how many people know this is what might be going on.
Imagine you are unaware of this practice, you log on and see you are 9000+ in line, you think you are never getting in so you give up and log out. I know in the past this is exactly what I have done till I started reading about people being on multiple devices."

I also saw on a previous thread "Moonlight Magic Epcot link"someone giving away their unused link to lower numbers? Not sure how this would work if multiple people were trying to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter