Moonlight magic at epcot

That's ok. Thank you for your quick response 😊
Good on you for having such a positive mindset about it. Pretty easy to be disappointed but there will be plenty of Moonlight Magics to come and I promise if you have a stay during one of them and get anywhere close to the number you got today you'll get in :earsboy:

I had read on DIS about using multiple devices to line up. I signed in on my computer about 3 hours early (I know they say the number you're assigned is random) and on my tablet maybe 1 hour before. At 11 am the tablet was assigned 9000+, and the computer 125 or so. Once I finished on the computer in about 5 minutes, I canceled the tablet. I waited until I signed up in case there was a problem with the computer link.

On the early registration day (Tuesday) I had the opposite happen. I signed on with my phone around 10:15am, and then with my computer at home around 10:50am. My phone got assigned a number above 9000...my computer got number 2300 or so, and only clicked the link 10 minutes earlier than registration opened. So it really is RANDOM. We got our date (25-January), our first EPCOT MM event.

For at least two previous Moonlight Magic events, people reported being dumped from the queue if they had a very low number (perhaps less than 500).

I did not see this happen this time but imagine having your 125 number and then suddenly being disconnected due to no fault of your own. :(
The only time I recall something odd happening was for the 2023 DAK events where those with low numbers immediately got "event full" even though registration had just started. I was one of those, but fortunately had multiple browser windows open and was able to get registered using one of that that had a higher queue number.

My wife and I were lucky enough to be able to go to the first Moon Light Magic at the Magic Kingdom. That was several years ago but I do not remember the year I just remember it was the very first one DVC did at the Magic Kingdom.

Back then, when we checked in the cast members kept asking if we wanted more tickets to bring some friends. We declined because it was just the two of us.

When we got inside the Magic Kingdom the park was empty. My wife took a picture down Main Street and it was for the most part empty. Even as you went into the different lands it was still not that busy, times have definitely changed.

I do not remember the exact way the registration process was done back then because my wife did it but if my memory is correct you just logged in on the registration day to let them know you were going to attend.

Does anyone remember exactly how the original registration system worked back then?

I had a question about the Epcot MM and didn't see another thread regarding it. If one is already in the park on the MM night, is there a way to check-in without leaving the park? What time does the event start?

I had a question about the Epcot MM and didn't see another thread regarding it. If one is already in the park on the MM night, is there a way to check-in without leaving the park? What time does the event start?
Yes, there should be check-in stations inside of the park where you can get your wristband and snack vouchers. They'll send out an email with all the pertinent information the day before.

Well, that Epcot MM I was so excited to get -- didn't happen:
We had our AK in 2022 cancelled due to the hurricane. We continued to hunker down at AK during it as flying. sounds odd but, we had a nice enough time at the resort. Staff went above & beyond to keep people occupied with activities and Boma was heavily discounted :). Ate there 3 times lol
I haven’t seen anybody above 9000 say they made it. Also there were two dates, I assume 3/1 went first.
It strikes me that having two event dates is a bit of a hinderance to getting thru :confused3
It was for general registration. I don't have a resort reservation but live only 90 minutes away. I've been a member since 2001, I have never heard of this closing so quickly. I mean, my number was so low it wasn't even 1000!!!!!
Wow, I had no idea they only held back 500 or so slots For the general booking date

Members and guests. Not all guests are members. Just sayin.
My guests are basically members as they are my grandkids who can pay the dues. Maybe you will get lucky and someone will have an extra ticket. They generally post extra tickets on the board.

My guests are basically members as they are my grandkids who can pay the dues. Maybe you will get lucky and someone will have an extra ticket. They generally post extra tickets on the board.
How do they give away extra tickets are they not assigned to people on the reservation? No need to show any ID other than the person whom registered?

How do they give away extra tickets are they not assigned to people on the reservation? No need to show any ID other than the person whom registered?
Nope, the only person they check is the member designated to check in.

I had 3 extra tickets last time I went. I actually gave them away to someone on this board. We all met up at a time at the front gate. I was given all the bands and we entered together and all went our separate way

For the 2023 MM at DAK, a coworker with his spouse and two young children happened to be in Orlando visiting a family member.

Since we have annual passes and frequently go to WDW, they met us at the front of DAK and we gave them 4 MM tickets.

I was the only one who had to show my DVC membership. I had to get one of the wrist bands, but my coworker’s family was able to get the other four. My family simply skipped the event. Change of plans.

So yes, only I, as the registered DVC member, had to show proof.

My wife and I were lucky enough to be able to go to the first Moon Light Magic at the Magic Kingdom. That was several years ago but I do not remember the year I just remember it was the very first one DVC did at the Magic Kingdom.

Back then, when we checked in the cast members kept asking if we wanted more tickets to bring some friends. We declined because it was just the two of us.

When we got inside the Magic Kingdom the park was empty. My wife took a picture down Main Street and it was for the most part empty. Even as you went into the different lands it was still not that busy, times have definitely changed.

I do not remember the exact way the registration process was done back then because my wife did it but if my memory is correct you just logged in on the registration day to let them know you were going to attend.

Does anyone remember exactly how the original registration system worked back then?

I don't remember either. I do know we did it ahead of time, like you said on registration day maybe we just said we were interested and filled out a form. My daughter and I attended at MK and you got a lot of free food (we had a full meal at one of the quick service places, don't think a voucher was required). We even had our photo taken INSIDE the stretching room at the Haunted Mansion because we were the ONLY ones there. It was pretty cool. It's definitely a very different experience getting tickets now, we haven't done MK since that time and this will be our first time doing EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter