Moonlight Magic booking times

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
This is our first time attempting to get Moonlight Magic tickets (to Epcot). I know booking opens at 9am est but can you get 'in line' before that? I'll be driving to work prior, so I'm trying to determine if I should get in line if possible on my phone prior to my drive, or just login right at 9am. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

They do a virtual queue system. If you log in prior to 9AM, you will be randomly be placed in the virtual queue right at 9AM. So it is beneficial to log in by 8:59AM as anyone entering at 9/9:01 will be behind those already logged in.

do you know how early the virtual queue starts? Am I able to join that an hour or more ahead, or just a few minutes?

You can join it as soon as the link is active, but there is no benefit to joining it really early. It doesn't matter how far before 9AM you log in, hours or minutes--either way you get randomly placed in the queue...you could be #1 or #5000--but you will be ahead of the people that log in after 9AM.

I don’t think it matters when you get in line. Our last booking we were on vaca at okw. So while I was getting my iPad ready, and my husband was getting his ready we both hit the button around 8:50am. At 9:00am we got our number. My husband got 550. And I got 5005. Wow. At the exact time. So it is truely random. We will be doing it again as we are also there for the Epcot event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter