Moonlight Magic California

So Cal local here & I also received the register invite just yesterday! Also a 2 bedroom reservation @ VGC!
Checked my email on my cell phone at 7:40am & waited while also opening computer with 2 pages open!!! Did not get ANYTHING UNTIL almost 8:25am on cell phone with at least 30 seconds to a minute of each change of pages to register on!!
FINALLY received the confirmation email at about 8:32am!!!
I wonder if this one will be the LAST event for DVCer's?

So Cal local here & I also received the register invite just yesterday! Also a 2 bedroom reservation @ VGC!
Checked my email on my cell phone at 7:40am & waited while also opening computer with 2 pages open!!! Did not get ANYTHING UNTIL almost 8:25am on cell phone with at least 30 seconds to a minute of each change of pages to register on!!
FINALLY received the confirmation email at about 8:32am!!!
I wonder if this one will be the LAST event for DVCer's?
This is the last one for the year but I saw a post in another thread that moonlight magic is going to be offered next year.

This is the last one for the year but I saw a post in another thread that moonlight magic is going to be offered next year.

Thanks! I sure HOPE it does continue! We are loving this perk for DVC members! There are not very many perks for any kind of timeshare owners OR at least like THIS ONE!!! pixiedust: :cloud9:

We don't live in So Cal, but have a 1 bedroom and a studio at VGC that week. Didn't get an e-mail, signed on at 7:40 and finally got through at 8:13 a.m. and got our tickets. Whew!! It is hard when you live far away and have to plan a vacation, book a room, book flights, etc. before knowing if you can get into an event. So even though I can see why people don't want reservation holders to get an early jump on the MM events in CA, in other ways, for those of us that have to book flights and hotels, it would be nice to have a bit of a head start. I can see it both ways. I'm just relieved we got tickets. It was quite stressful! I booked our rooms as soon as the date was announced and planned our whole 30th anniversary trip around it! I would have been big time bummed if we didn't get in! We'd still have fun at Disney of course, but the night of MM would have been a disappointment. We might have had to go to the dark side that day instead! :rotfl2:

My family received an email (no room reservation), however we live in So Cal so they may have sent to it owners that live in certain zip codes.

That makes sense, since I have never received an email for the WDW events.

I received an email invitation to register yesterday... We have a 2 bedroom at VGC and live in So Cal:scratchin

When I called MS, there were only 2 two bedrooms left! I booked one, thinking I could waitlist a one bedroom. After some thought, I decided to keep the two bedroom. Glad I did.

We don't have a room reservation but live locally as well and received an email yesterday.

Just curious, were you allowed to only reserve 5 spots?

That makes sense, since I have never received an email for the WDW events.

When I called MS, there were only 2 two bedrooms left! I booked one, thinking I could waitlist a one bedroom. After some thought, I decided to keep the two bedroom. Glad I did.

Just curious, were you allowed to only reserve 5 spots?
As locals with no room reservation I made the reservation for 6 total. Member plus 5. I didn’t try and put a higher number in.

We were allowed to reserve 6. :woohoo: It was the same last time as well.

Yes the same as the last two years. When reading the website, it had mention 5. I wondered if that was correct since 5 seemed to be a strange number for this event. I must have misunderstood which is not all that unusual for me ;)

Thanks for responding rentayenta & dina444444

Since we just got bought DVC last year this will be our first event. We invited some friends with us and the asked what goes on, what's open? And I said I dunno, so can anyone fill me in on what's happened at the other parties this year?

Since we just got bought DVC last year this will be our first event. We invited some friends with us and the asked what goes on, what's open? And I said I dunno, so can anyone fill me in on what's happened at the other parties this year?
Last year at Disneyland all the rides were open except the rides in Toontown and critter country. There were carts open in each open land offering bottled beverages, churros, popcorn, and premium ice cream bars free of charge. In Tomorrowland they had character greetings set up. One was for wreck it Ralph (Ralph and vanellope) and I think the other was kingdom hearts (goofy and Donald). They also offered one or two showings of fantasmic with a coco pre show. We spent most of our time riding rides with little to no wait. The longest lines we saw all night were for the churros carts.

Ditto what dina said. They usually have "rare" character greets, which have pretty long lines, so I'd recommend doing those first if there's anyone you're interested in. Lines for ice cream and popcorn weren't terrible, but the churro lines were insane! All the rides were pretty much walk on, especially towards the end of the night. DH got 3 rides in on Haunted Mansion while I waited in line for churros!

Last year we drove up the day of the party, so we entered right around when the party was starting - the lines to get in were pretty long and very slow moving, partly due to people not understanding that the DVC member had to be there. This year we're getting in the day before, so trying to decide whether we'll start the day in DL and then switch over, or just do DCA all day. From the graphic, it looked like it'll be Incredibles-themed, so I think we'll dress accordingly, at least.

I'm wondering what they'll be doing this year for entertainment since it looks like both PTN and World of Color are no-gos, at least according to the rest of the week's schedule. Last year they did two showings of Fantasmic. Did any of the WDW parties not have nighttime entertainment?

Last year at Disneyland all the rides were open except the rides in Toontown and critter country. There were carts open in each open land offering bottled beverages, churros, popcorn, and premium ice cream bars free of charge. In Tomorrowland they had character greetings set up. One was for wreck it Ralph (Ralph and vanellope) and I think the other was kingdom hearts (goofy and Donald). They also offered one or two showings of fantasmic with a coco pre show. We spent most of our time riding rides with little to no wait. The longest lines we saw all night were for the churros carts.
So they don't provide any real food like they do for the WDW nights? We have never attended a MM night but read that they gave food vouchers for the Epcot nights and actual food not just snacks at the other parks in WDW. Wonder if it will be snacks again this year??

So they don't provide any real food like they do for the WDW nights? We have never attended a MM night but read that they gave food vouchers for the Epcot nights and actual food not just snacks at the other parks in WDW. Wonder if it will be snacks again this year??
We don't yet know.

In prior years (2017, 2016) the CA events offered snacks from carts: ice cream, churros, popcorn, soda or water. Wasn't this also the pattern for the WDW events prior to this year? It may be that changes introduced at WDW earlier this year could migrate to DL ... but we don't yet know. Perhaps we'll see some clues in a 'reminder' email just prior to the event?

I remember reading there would be some food consession stands open for this event. In the highlight section it states "Complimentary light refreshments". So I doubt there will be real food offered. Then again, Disney has been know to make a liar out me.

I remember reading there would be some food consession stands open for this event. In the highlight section it states "Complimentary light refreshments". So I doubt there will be real food offered. Then again, Disney has been know to make a liar out me.

I agree... This is the same exact wording they used last year for the DL event, so we’re planning for churros, popcorn, frozen treats, and soda again at the DCA event. If they have anything else, we’ll be pleasantly surprised. :-)

So The day it went live I was not lucky enough to get through (2 hours in que and then it poped up as sold out) does anyone happen to have extra wriatbands avaliable? Flying in from Boston and the kid really wanted to attend. I would be glad to provide a gift card or something to cover food and cocktails or something similar.

Has anyone else asked whether under-3s need a wristband? I've called MS twice and gotten a different answer each time :confused3

Received an email earlier today with the good news: There will be meal vouchers!

Copy/Paste from the email:

Welcome Home Member!

You’re receiving this notice because you have registered for Moonlight Magic at Disney California Adventure Park! As part of Moonlight Magic, we have an exciting addition to enhance your experience with us, each Member and Special Guest will be receiving a complimentary meal voucher to utilize at participating quick service restaurant locations throughout the park! As a reminder, this exclusive event is from 9:00PM – 1:00AM, but Disney Vacation Club Members can enter the park as early as 7:00PM.

Please be sure to pick up your complimentary meal voucher upon check-in at Disney California Adventure Park. Vouchers may be redeemed at participating quick-service restaurant locations throughout the park from 7:00PM – 1:00AM. For your convenience, participating quick-service restaurants are available in all lands and areas of the park, upon check-in, please refer to your park map for details and locations. Each meal voucher does include one (1) entrée and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage. Please keep your vouchers secure until you decide to use them, as they cannot be replaced if lost or misplaced. You may also reference your meal voucher for other important details during the event. Further details are below.

We will see you Thursday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter