• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight magic dates?

If you’re staying at Vero Beach, are you eligible for membership magic?

To be eligible to attend Moonlight Magic, you must be eligible for Membership Extras (previously known as having a Blue Card).

Each MM event has two registration dates. To register for MM on the earlier date, you must have a reservation to be staying at one of certain specific resorts on the date of that MM. Vero Beach is one of the resorts that allows you to book on the earlier date.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic/

None of the dates match up with our reservations.
Same here. I'm there the week before the February one and usually there's nothing in November or December anyway.

But in prior years I've been fortunate to go to MK and AK. AK was my favorite.

In the past, yes. I was annoyed by this as I was booked at Hilton Head and leaving to go to WDW on the day of a MM. I was at relatives home that first night and didn't qualify. Moved into BWV the following day.

We will be at WDW for the Epcot event on Feb 15th. We’ve never done a moonlight magic before. We were excited that we would have the extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom that night. Is Moonlight Magic better? Should we try for that instead?

We will be at WDW for the Epcot event on Feb 15th. We’ve never done a moonlight magic before. We were excited that we would have the extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom that night. Is Moonlight Magic better? Should we try for that instead?
I would do Moonlight Magic. Rare characters, free snacks and short ride lines.

This may be an odd or frowned upon question, please know it is not intended that way, but do people put on the boards if they have extra MM tickets? My wife and I visit Disney at least twice a year but DVC isn’t in the budget. This year we will actually be there during the animal kingdom MM so thought I’d keep an eye out if spare tickets ever come up. Thanks in advance!

This may be an odd or frowned upon question, please know it is not intended that way, but do people put on the boards if they have extra MM tickets? My wife and I visit Disney at least twice a year but DVC isn’t in the budget. This year we will actually be there during the animal kingdom MM so thought I’d keep an eye out if spare tickets ever come up. Thanks in advance!
I’ve seen it happen, but keep in mind that you have to enter with the member who makes the reservation. The member checks in with their entire party. Most times it’s the day of.

Sometimes they post. Sometimes people looking for tix. Sometimes they post on resort specific social media pages. It is almost always last minute. True that you usually need to be present with that party to check into the event.

Hello. We have a "blue card" reservation checking out on May 11. Will we be eligible for the on site reservation window?

When do the registration windows usually open? We’ve never had a trip align that I can remember and would love to do the HS event in May.

Hello. We have a "blue card" reservation checking out on May 11. Will we be eligible for the on site reservation window?
I think you have to have a reservation for the night of the event, but worth checking with MS.

When do the registration windows usually open? We’ve never had a trip align that I can remember and would love to do the HS event in May.
Hoping it open in mid April. I’m on a cruise on April 29th and need to be available. I’m prepared to move any medical appts that might interfere with me registering. 🙄

How does this work? Is it a totally separate ticket from daytimes in the parks? Or if you have a ticket to the park during the day, can you stay for the Moonlight Magic that night?

How does this work? Is it a totally separate ticket from daytimes in the parks? Or if you have a ticket to the park during the day, can you stay for the Moonlight Magic that night?
Totally separate ticket. You have to register to try and get a ticket.

I think this would depend on what's more important to you. I happen to love extended hours at MK. The one this week wasn't very crowded at all where even Peter Pan was walk on. Mine train was 19 minutes even though it was posted 35 min. I have yet to experience MM myself and DCA will be my first one. The posts from people that went last year made it sound like there was a lot of long lines for things like popcorn buckets etc. Imagine how short the lines will be when there's 3 different park events going on at the same time.

Just noticed the September MM at DHS will be on a Wednesday, the same day as MK evening Extended hours. Why on earth? Why should we be forced to choose? Is it so people have a consolation prize if they cannot get a ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter