Moonlight Magic is BACK!

In the interest of letting 2 newlywed couples have some space and privacy (versus a GV) - we got 3 rooms for our party of 8 for our summer trip (2 studios and a 2BR). I have already had MULTIPLE issues with MDE with these ressies and getting names right. The CM says my name can only be on one ressie (though I am managing all 3 reservations and they are all made with my points.)
Likewise - they say I should NOT put any of the studio guests names on my 2BR (even though they would all technically "fit') because of "complications it would cause with MDE and being able to access (their respective) rooms".

So... do I trust then that when I try to sign up for this event, the CM will see all 3 reservations as being "my party"? Or will I only be allowed to get tickets for those in the 2BR?

Or do I just put 4 extra names in my 2BR and beg for forgiveness vs permission?

I'm not sure what I'm more stressed about... calling and being told it's full, sorry, too late...which wouldn't be fun but I'd surely get over it... or calling and being told "You can only have 4" because of some stinking MDE glitch, leaving me the choice to either split the group or (more likely) miss the "perk" in total.
That’s a tough one- if you are actually trying to call to book and can get through I would think you would have no problems but if you are clicking the link and booking online I would be afraid it would only allow you to book however many guests are in the 2 bedroom. Worst case I would book whatever number it lets you and then see if you could call and get additional added or if anyone on here has extra tickets closer to the event they could share.

In the interest of letting 2 newlywed couples have some space and privacy (versus a GV) - we got 3 rooms for our party of 8 for our summer trip (2 studios and a 2BR). I have already had MULTIPLE issues with MDE with these ressies and getting names right. The CM says my name can only be on one ressie (though I am managing all 3 reservations and they are all made with my points.)
Likewise - they say I should NOT put any of the studio guests names on my 2BR (even though they would all technically "fit') because of "complications it would cause with MDE and being able to access (their respective) rooms".

So... do I trust then that when I try to sign up for this event, the CM will see all 3 reservations as being "my party"? Or will I only be allowed to get tickets for those in the 2BR?

Or do I just put 4 extra names in my 2BR and beg for forgiveness vs permission?

I'm not sure what I'm more stressed about... calling and being told it's full, sorry, too late...which wouldn't be fun but I'd surely get over it... or calling and being told "You can only have 4" because of some stinking MDE glitch, leaving me the choice to either split the group or (more likely) miss the "perk" in total.

Save yourself some misery. Put enough OTHER friends or relatives in your room to fill it to capacity. There's really no reason not to. Leave the other rooms alone.

Save yourself some misery. Put enough OTHER friends or relatives in your room to fill it to capacity. There's really no reason not to. Leave the other rooms alone.
I agree with WilsonFlyer. Keep it as simple as possible. Use OTHER names for your 2-bedroom.

I had a studio reserved for my dd and her bf before MM was announced for the 17th. I got the email to sign up for the event and reserved 4 spots. My dh and myself decided to go on a quick vacation to join them, although we stayed offsite.
I added our names to dd’s reservation so we could have a pool day, and our Magic bands would not work. Actually my dd’s Magic bands didn’t work either. Our last name has an apostrophe, for some reason, my last name is the only one that is allowed to have an apostrophe (even tho my husband has the same last name, as the 2nd person on the deed apparently he wasn’t entitled to have his name spelled correctly in MDE, LOL - not really - it’s aggravating. . Anyway, When I made the reservation I changed my first name to my daughters first name and left the last name correct for her, but it didn’t match her Magic bands and hence all of our bands were screwed up.
No way was I going to spend hours getting that fixed as no one was doing any theme parks this trip, only using old water park tickets. We got cards & used those phone for room and pool.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm gonna do the "save myself the misery" route, as suggested. I just cannot believe how messed up MDE has made our ressies. It kept duplicating names, sending extra invitations, and dropping passes. Thank goodness I have the original tickets and their numbers so I can keep re-entering them. The worst part was when it wouldn't let me remove my DD's ex-bf (he came with us on a trip in 2019 and hasn't been since, and yet I could NOT delete him!) This was because, according to MDE, and I quote - "(Person X) Has Plans With Your Family!" I kept pounding keys and yelling at my computer "Oh NO he most CERTAINLY does NOT!" :headache: 💻 (I laugh about it now... but I wasn't laughing then!)

Anyway - yes, I think I shall add to the 2BR to play it safe, just so we get our full party (sans that ex of course!)

Limits are always such a tricky thing.... necessary so one person doesn't get everything while others get none... but at same time, there's always someone who just needs that "one more". Surely there is a ceiling of some sort? I know with the DVC early entry ability for MVMCP, the stated limit was 8 guests (sometimes they would let you by with 9, not counting the actual member). I would think there would be... unless they figure, hey, if you have the points to book a family reunion and have 6 or more rooms filled, those are by extension DVC member rooms, filled with DVC members and their guests, and ergo, eligible to attend.

I have a DVC resort stay booked under my blue card membership however I didn't get the original e-mail and don't expect to get the e-mail with the link. I'm from Ireland (living in the UK) and I never seem to get the e-mails. Does anyone know if I can sign up early via the website the info in the thread seems conflicting (some say via moonlight magic page but others that you need the e-mail link)?

I have a DVC resort stay booked under my blue card membership however I didn't get the original e-mail and don't expect to get the e-mail with the link. I'm from Ireland (living in the UK) and I never seem to get the e-mails. Does anyone know if I can sign up early via the website the info in the thread seems conflicting (some say via moonlight magic page but others that you need the e-mail link)?
no, you can not sign up early.

The MM webpage indicates that the registration link will be available on that page on the 20th. Someone will likely post the link here (but not necessarily this thread).

You see I have always had this problem especially when booking ADRs, other people are like I use multiple devices and I always get that mine are trying to use the same portal and can't book more than 1 at a time. I do have my router setup a lil weird since I am techy guy, wondering if they think it is coming from the same IP address

All my devices come from the same ip address but I'm able to use multiple at one time. Even works fine if I use an incognito window and a regular one, I get 2 places in the queue. Might have to do with cookie or ad-blocking though. If you block cookies, it might have to default to ip address as a fallback. Just guessing though.

Agree that it's not IP based. Or at least not only IP based. I'm not sure exactly what algorithm it does use though. Incognito didn't work for me (that surprised me a little). But different browser user agents on the same machine got me unique queues.

Oh wow two very conflicting answers to my question there. @redboat45 is there a reason you are sure I can't sign up early? It certainly seems like I qualify.

I do remember this happening to me for a previous moonlight magic event (for May 2020 alas) but I don't remember if I got the link from this board or just signed up on the Moonlight Magic page.

Oh wow two very conflicting answers to my question there. @redboat45 is there a reason you are sure I can't sign up early? It certainly seems like I qualify.

I do remember this happening to me for a previous moonlight magic event (for May 2020 alas) but I don't remember if I got the link from this board or just signed up on the Moonlight Magic page.
You won't be able to sign up before 11am Eastern on April 20. No one can sign up before then. If that's what you meant by early then yes you can sign up on April 20. I thought you meant before( like April 19) anyone else can sign up.

I do not have a hotel reservation for the date I want to go so I have to wait until May 10.

You won't be able to sign up before 11am Eastern on April 20. No one can sign up before then. If that's what you meant by early then yes you can sign up on April 20. I thought you meant before( like April 19) anyone else can sign up.

I do not have a hotel reservation for the date I want to go so I have to wait until May 10.

Gotcha! What I meant was April 20th being 'early' vs May 10th, I've just realised however that the e-mail hasn't gone out yet for the DHS registration for those with a reservation so fingers crossed I get one!

Member services call report. I have blue card but booked resort reservation for MM with resale points. Called member services and they said I would not be able to book on the early date because resort reservation would need to be booked with direct points.

Member services call report. I have blue card but booked resort reservation for MM with resale points. Called member services and they said I would not be able to book on the early date because resort reservation would need to be booked with direct points.
Do you have multiple membership numbers and/or Use Years or just one?

Multiple membership numbers and UYs
Did you use a membership number that strictly has resale points to book over the MM dates? If you have direct (or grandfathered) points, maybe you could transfer the resale points into that blue card membership and rebook with eligible member number before the deadline? I think the issue is the membership number tied to the reservation. If it is strictly resale and not grandfathered in, you won't show as eligible. If you can find a way to use whichever membership number is eligible, you may be able to register. No guarantee, but might work?

I have multiple contracts - resale and direct - on one membership number. I am hoping I can register, even though the actual reservation was done with one of the resale contracts.

Did you use a membership number that strictly has resale points to book over the MM dates? If you have direct (or grandfathered) points, maybe you could transfer the resale points into that blue card membership and rebook with eligible member number before the deadline? I think the issue is the membership number tied to the reservation. If it is strictly resale and not grandfathered in, you won't show as eligible. If you can find a way to use whichever membership number is eligible, you may be able to register. No guarantee, but might work?

I have multiple contracts - resale and direct - on one membership number. I am hoping I can register, even though the actual reservation was done with one of the resale contracts.
Yes, used membership with strictly resale points. I called again to try to make this change but then they told me I would be able to register on the earlier Apr 20th date. So I didn't try to transfer points and rebook. Guess I'll see if it ends up being a big mess next week.

Yes, used membership with strictly resale points. I called again to try to make this change but then they told me I would be able to register on the earlier Apr 20th date. So I didn't try to transfer points and rebook. Guess I'll see if it ends up being a big mess next week.
Maybe keep all your membership numbers near by. I want to say that someone tried all their numbers when registering and was able to get in on a blue card number even though the reservation was on another number??

May the odds be in all of our favor lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter