Moonlight Magic is BACK!

They have previously required the entire party to be there (a CM puts the wristband on each person), & i assume it will be the same. In the past. We were able to get our bands at our DVC resort, or inside the park, near a park entrance.
We have never had an issue at the resorts with getting all wristbands without the entire group being present.

Managed to snag 1 night in a 2 bdrm so I can register all 8 of us. now just have to keep fingers crossed I'm lucky enough to get the reservations for the MM.

So looking at the dates, I see most of them are on a Tuesday or Thursday. The last two at AK are on Wednesdays. Wonder how this will affect the MK Extended Evening Hours, if it will at all? Not sure I’m going to be there on 9/28, but if so, I will sure be torn between the two.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but if I'm a blue card holder but have booked the stay using my resale points, would I no longer be considered eligible for moonlight magic?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but if I'm a blue card holder but have booked the stay using my resale points, would I no longer be considered eligible for moonlight magic?
I don’t think it matters how your trip was paid for (cash, resale points,direct) as long as you are a blue card or eligible member

This is what I was told when I was booking my room thru MS, I first attempted to use my resale contracts as I still have points available on them to use & the CM wouldn't allow me to do it. I had to use my blue card RIV contract & had to borrow to make the reservation. Was not happy about that.

I have a reservation for a grand villa that i check out on March 17th, we are then staying at the airport on the 17th for an early morning flight on the 18th. Does anyone know if I qualify for the 3/17 event with the current grand villa reservation?

This is what I was told when I was booking my room thru MS, I first attempted to use my resale contracts as I still have points available on them to use & the CM wouldn't allow me to do it. I had to use my blue card RIV contract & had to borrow to make the reservation. Was not happy about that.
That doesn’t sound right bc you could stay at Pop on a cash stay and still be eligible

That doesn’t sound right bc you could stay at Pop on a cash stay and still be eligible
You don’t need to be staying on property at all to be eligible, you just need to be a blue card holder. Now, if you’re not staying on property, you don’t get early access to registration, and you may find it’s “sold out” when registration opens up to those not staying on property, but MM is still open to everyone who qualifies for perks.

Yeah - think I had a CM who didn't know what they were doing. She claimed that if I booked with resale points that I wouldn't receive MM registration email.

I have a reservation for a grand villa that i check out on March 17th, we are then staying at the airport on the 17th for an early morning flight on the 18th. Does anyone know if I qualify for the 3/17 event with the current grand villa reservation?

It has been confirmed that you would be eligible to go to the event since it starts before midnight!

You don’t need to be staying on property at all to be eligible, you just need to be a blue card holder. Now, if you’re not staying on property, you don’t get early access to registration, and you may find it’s “sold out” when registration opens up to those not staying on property, but MM is still open to everyone who qualifies for perks.
OK this makes me angry now. The CM wouldn't allow me to use resale points to book claiming I wouldn't receive registration email so I had to borrow my RIV points to stay at the only resort left which was SSR. I would have never done that. Ugh!!!

OK this makes me angry now. The CM wouldn't allow me to use resale points to book claiming I wouldn't receive registration email so I had to borrow my RIV points to stay at the only resort left which was SSR. I would have never done that. Ugh!!!

The rule in the past has been to allow people to go using points that didn't qualify as long as a member was eligible. Since its been over 2 years, it is now possible the rules have changed?

However, if the points are in the same membership, then it definitely should not matter because they are tied to the blue card account and should not be an issue.

The rule in the past has been to allow people to go using points that didn't qualify as long as a member was eligible. Since its been over 2 years, it is now possible the rules have changed?

However, if the points are in the same membership, then it definitely should not matter because they are tied to the blue card account and should not be an issue.
I'm on hold with MS right now to confirm.

What do we do if we have a blue card membership and have a stay at copper creek from March 14 to the 20th but didn’t get an email?

The CM today at MS said that Yes, had to be booked with Direct Points to attend MM.

The CM today at MS said that Yes, had to be booked with Direct Points to attend MM.

That is interesting...I know last year when they offered the Buy 4, get 2 free tickets, that was the initial rule, but then it was clarified that all trips would count. I guess we will know for sure when the first set of reservations get booked and see what actually occurs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter