Moonlight Magic Question

Dopey Sharon

Proud Mimi of our first grandchild, Lily
We will be there March 3, and planned on going to it that night. I am a DVC member, but ran out of points, so this reservation is through my friend, who made the reservation, which is in our name, but using her points. Are we going to be able to do this?

My daughter, who is also a DVC member on one of our contracts, rented points from David's DVC rentals for their trip. Are they going to be able to go? I'm not sure how that site works, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't have the owner's name that she got her points from.

If anyone has had this scenario in the past, could you let me know how it was handled? TIA

You need to call MS and see if they can do anything to help.

When you register for the MM events, the first thing you enter is your DVC Membership Number. Two days prior to registration opening, DVC builds a database of reservations made using that memberships points and any non-point (cash) reservations in the members name(s). Since both reservations were made using other memberships, neither will (automatically) appear as valid reservations to register during the onsite priority period.

I think if you have a reservation on a membership that is not qualified, then it seems like it would be a no go

The thing is that MS won’t talk to you about a reservation on your friends membership, even if you are a guest. It would be the same for your daughter...I assume she is an owner and not just an associate...because she’d need the owners membership number.

I would definitely call though and see what needs to happen and if it can work.

Thanks for the info. I will be calling member services to see what we can do. I have my friend's log in info, so I could register for the night, but it will be in her name. Glad I thought of this now and not on the 8th!

If you registered in her name, you would also need to be able to check in for wristbands as her, with a photo ID. So that would NOT work.

The web site says members with a resort reservation are eligible. You are a member, you have a reservation. You should be eligible. Hopefully they built the system properly. If not, you will need to call MS.

I’m guessing if it doesn’t find your reservation automatically it will ask for a reservation number.

I’m guessing you daughter should be OK also, since she has a reservation number. The web site specifically calls out one membership with multiple room reservations.

A qualifying reservation simply needs to be at a Disney owned resort, not necessarily your own points.

You and your daughter should call MS and ask to have your DVC membership number noted on each reservation - as much in advance as possible (I have had to call while staying on a comped stay, followed by nights on my membership, and the "eligible Member" note had to be input manually).

Just got off the phone with member services. It's a "no". But, I'm pretty sure I can call on the 15th and book it, if they're not sold out. Keep your fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter