• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic Questions…

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
We will be staying at OKW 3 bedroom during one of the dates for Moonlight magic!!
there will be 6 of us My husband is also an owner of DVC with me. Can we get the other 4 people
in with us since we will all be staying in the same house?

We will be there in September when do we sign up??

cost?? How much per person …

what time does it start and end that evening??
thanks a bunch 😊

Last edited:
We will be staying at OKW 3 bedroom during one of the dates for Moonlight magic!!
there will be 6 of us My husband is also an owner of DVC with me. Can we get the other 4 people

thanks a bunch 😊
You can register for the number of people listed on the room reservation. Early registration opens on 4/4 for the MM Events at DHS for those with an on-site room reservation.

Actual event start and end times will be included in the event reminder email sent to those that are registered for the event. Typically, it will officially start one hour after park closing and run for three hours. Attendees are typically able to enter the park three hours prior to event start time using just the event issued wristbands.

cost?? How much per person …

thanks a bunch 😊
As long as you are a "blue card" member, you can register for the number of people on your reservation. It is a free event. Usually entrance is around 7pm? with the actual event starting 30 minutes after park close. In the past they have given out snack vouchers or a quick service meal voucher than can be used before park close (and a limited number of places afterwards), mickey ice cream bars are free in certain locations once the actual event starts.

Let me add too, along with being a blue card holder, the reservation points have to be yours too. I’ve seen a few post where some members are out of points so rented or borrowed from other members. That’s a no go. You have to be a blue card holder, and book a dvc room with your own points. Also a dvc member can book and pay with cash, but is limited to only the number of people sharing that one room. Lots of rules

Let me add too, along with being a blue card holder, the reservation points have to be yours too. I’ve seen a few post where some members are out of points so rented or borrowed from other members. That’s a no go. You have to be a blue card holder, and book a dvc room with your own points. Also a dvc member can book and pay with cash, but is limited to only the number of people sharing that one room. Lots of rules
I didn't even think of that. We are going for one week on our points and one week on another member points.

I didn't even think of that. We are going for one week on our points and one week on another member points.
the rule list is big. People get caught up on this one and by the time they understand why they can’t register, it’s too late to fix.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but reading about all these rules has me concerned…

We have two nights booked at the Poly over a July MM night. We had to buy a few one time use points to complete the reservation. Is that going to be an issue? Maybe I need to split it into 2 separate reservations and make sure that the night of July 11th is all our personal points?

Also, my brother and his family are hoping to join us for MM. I booked them a room at OKW on my points for the night (Poly was fully booked). Will I be able to early register everyone in both rooms under my DVC account during early registration?

Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but reading about all these rules has me concerned…

We have two nights booked at the Poly over a July MM night. We had to buy a few one time use points to complete the reservation. Is that going to be an issue? Maybe I need to split it into 2 separate reservations and make sure that the night of July 11th is all our personal points?

Also, my brother and his family are hoping to join us for MM. I booked them a room at OKW on my points for the night (Poly was fully booked). Will I be able to early register everyone in both rooms under my DVC account during early registration?

The OTU points won’t be an issue. And, from all reports, you should be able to book for both rooms since both are on your membership,

It’s the DVC reservations that one may have that are booked with a different DVC owner since technically, it’s that owners reservation, even if another DVC owner is listed as the guest.

As long as both rooms were booked by you using your points you should be good according to the “know before you register” rules. Take a look at that section under multiple reservations rules.

I’m so bummed by those use your points rule. As I said before,one week is our points, one week friends points. My reservation was made about 8 months ago before any MM dates were posted.

I’m so bummed by those use your points rule. As I said before,one week is our points, one week friends points. My reservation was made about 8 months ago before any MM dates were posted.
We are all at the mercy of the MM announcement calendar. Many of us booked at 11 months, then dvc spins the MM wheel. Some of us luck out, some don’t. Last year I had 5 trips booked. No holidays. 1-2 week stays each and not a single MM day landed on any of my reservations. When you booked you had no idea that a MM day would land on a day you reserved with someone else’s points. It’s the gamble we all take. Dvc created the rules because people abused them. The one requirement is the owner of the points must attend the event and must show their digital Y card and picture ID. Without that rule people would rent the room to non members and sell the room and the event to non members. None of us want a non member taking an opportunity away from a member. Sorry.

We are all at the mercy of the MM announcement calendar. Many of us booked at 11 months, then dvc spins the MM wheel. Some of us luck out, some don’t. Last year I had 5 trips booked. No holidays. 1-2 week stays each and not a single MM day landed on any of my reservations. When you booked you had no idea that a MM day would land on a day you reserved with someone else’s points. It’s the gamble we all take. Dvc created the rules because people abused them. The one requirement is the owner of the points must attend the event and must show their digital Y card and picture ID. Without that rule people would rent the room to non members and sell the room and the event to non members. None of us want a non member taking an opportunity away from a member. Sorry.
But I wish there was a "staying on site" level. Even though the points aren't in my name, I'm still a member. It's not the same situation as you state for a non member renting points.

But I wish there was a "staying on site" level. Even though the points aren't in my name, I'm still a member. It's not the same situation as you state for a non member renting points.
Members can register & attend even if they are not staying on site or on their own points. They just have to wait for the general registration. I don't have a problem giving priority to the members staying on their own points.

Sometimes managing WDW looks like a giant game of whack-a-loophole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter