Moonlight magic registration

I was literally in the process of registering when it said the event was full. I'm devastated!!! We specifically extended our trip to attend on July 11th. It was a resort only trip with no park days planned, so we were really looking forward to this. If anyone has extra people registered and could help get us in, I would VERY much appreciate it. We are just a party of 3. Myself and my 2 children.
So sorry to hear that.

Does anyone know if they save any registration for the general registration next week or are they completely booked now? That might be an option for you.

So sorry to hear that.

Does anyone know if they save any registration for the general registration next week or are they completely booked now? That might be an option for you.
I don't believe they hold anything back, but there will likely be a limited number of spots available for general registration.

Also just missed out for July 11. Looking for 2 tickets if anyone has extra. It would make my daughter's day.

So I got tickets for AK MM, but I couldn't register with direct purchase (blue card) number, depsite getting email that I had a qualified reservation. I had to use my resale member #, which was what reservation was booked with. I assume I can just take my blue card for direct membership when picking up tickets?

They do leave sora for general registration. It is usually not a lot but there are always some.
Kind of brings the idea of early registration into question if not all members with resort reservations can register before randomly getting grouped with non-reservation members, if that is the case.

Kind of brings the idea of early registration into question if not all members with resort reservations can register before randomly getting grouped with non-reservation members, if that is the case.
Not really if you think about it. There are thousands of DVC rooms with eligible members. Each of those rooms has multiple people in it, anywhere up to those allowed in grand villas, treehouses, cabins, etc. that doesn’t include eligible members at non-DVC Disney resorts. As new resorts open, the problem only compound. There are literally thousands of eligible members slamming that reservation portal at 11AM. People have learned to login on as many devices as they can juggle with as many friends, family as they can get to help. Unfortunately a great many members will not get in. That’s just the way it has to be if an exclusive event.

I got in to the HS September MM. The last one I went to was the very first one at Epcot and that was years ago. I’ve not gotten any since. Believe me I’ve learned to appreciate how fortunate I am thus year.

If you really do the math, you will see that accommodating everyone with a reservation and an eligible membership is impossible. Now what I think would be fairer is a lottery and limiting to one event per year. But no one asked me! Lol

I don’t see it that way. There is no way that all eligible DVC owners would get in so it’s nice they decide to even give those who have reservations priority to try over those that don’t.

They could just have it open to all eligible DVC ar the same time…

If you really do the math, you will see that accommodating everyone with a reservation and an eligible membership is impossible. Now what I think would be fairer is a lottery and limiting to one event per year. But no one asked me! Lol
Completely agree with your statement, it will get tougher as more memberships are sold and there are certainly ways to bring more even distribution and fairness to benefits such as MM.

My observation was more of a "why bother even having early registration" given that folks without reservations will probably get tickets while some with reservations will probably not.

My opinion, just open it to all and enforce a 1 park per year per family of memberships rule. And add a few more dates. But nobody asked :duck:

Before the WDW pause, moonlight events would have 3 dates per park. Now there are only 2 dates per park. That’s a lot of people not getting in by dropping one day on each party. Plus all the new direct members.

I thought the AK event was always one of the easier ones to get. Maybe it’s harder now because they went down to 2 events rather than 3 as someone said above.

For me, it’s a rare opportunity to see Pandora fully lit after sundown. Usually, the park closes while it’s still twilight.
We haven’t had the opportunity to attend the MM at AK yet. This will be our first one. We’ve been to other MM events, but not this one. I’ve only been to AK once at night, and it was great to see everything lit up like you said. It’s so pretty. I’m so glad this event is at night because it’s going to be soooo hot during the day for this time of year! I know they’re all at night, but nighttime in the summer is a must!

We haven’t had the opportunity to attend the MM at AK yet. This will be our first one. We’ve been to other MM events, but not this one. I’ve only been to AK once at night, and it was great to see everything lit up like you said. It’s so pretty. I’m so glad this event is at night because it’s going to be soooo hot during the day for this time of year! I know they’re all at night, but nighttime in the summer is a must!
We were slated to do MM AK last September when Hurricane Ian canceled that, so hoping no hurricanes ruin July or August this year for those getting to attend.

For me, it’s a rare opportunity to see Pandora fully lit after sundown. Usually, the park closes while it’s still twilight.
For us as well since we only get down from PA once a year in August and (obviously) the park closes well before sundown then. We really miss walking around Pandora at night (like the pre-COVID days) and we are hoping that they do the Tree of Life awakening show(s) as well. 🤞

Has anyone received information from DVC about MM at HS on Wednesday, September 13th yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter