Moonlight Magic Worth It?

Everyone has different opinions. We attended the Epcot event, not worth it for us, time was too short , felt like we were rushing to get it all in. DW went to the bathroom and we missed the fireworks.

:earsboy: Bill

We were there also. When I look back we really did not get much done in the 3 hours that it was open. Did Soarin, Living with the land. Fought for a couple of dogs and drinks. Went to see Joy and Sadness. Waited in line 15 minutes and it was not moving so we left. Went to Test Track, got Ice cream and headed over to Norway. Frozen was broken, line for the Three caballeros was an hour so we headed out at about 12:30 and hit Spaceship Earth on the way out.

We liked the MMM much more and hope they bring it back in December.

Yes absolutely if you want to do a bunch of things without waiting.

Also the later it is, the shorter the lines are...but not necessarily for the "rare" characters. It was cool to dance with Baymax though because nobody else was waiting for him. I didn't know Baymax could dance.

I agree you will not get to see everything. Epcot is too big. Did rides and characters but missed the fireworks. If you wait for the fireworks you will give up some shots at rides or characters. Cest la vie

Yes absolutely if you want to do a bunch of things without waiting.

Also the later it is, the shorter the lines are...but not necessarily for the "rare" characters. It was cool to dance with Baymax though because nobody else was waiting for him. I didn't know Baymax could dance.

I agree you will not get to see everything. Epcot is too big. Did rides and characters but missed the fireworks. If you wait for the fireworks you will give up some shots at rides or characters. Cest la vie

There really is no need to line up early for the fireworks. Both MK and Epcot we got a spot in the last 5 mins with no problem seeing.

Did one at AK one time and liked it - crowds were fine, lines were too - had a chance to speak to DVC executives if you wanted to. I just liked that it was "special" for DVC as much as anything. Signed up for the MK one this year on the 28th - looking forward to that!

Did one at AK one time and liked it - crowds were fine, lines were too - had a chance to speak to DVC executives if you wanted to. I just liked that it was "special" for DVC as much as anything. Signed up for the MK one this year on the 28th - looking forward to that!

Awesome. We have trip coming this May that we are likely to give it a try. Good to hear its worth it.

That’s the one we’ll be at.

We will be there in May when the AK one is and are hoping to get tickets.

My daughter and I attended the one at MK last March and really enjoyed it. My only complaint would have been the lines for the food at Starlight Cafe were insanely long and slow, and we hit them FIRST thing to give us time to enjoy the rest of the park afterwards. The fireworks were definitely cool though. We are considering on at Hollywood Studios next fall and wondering how that will be. I also may try to attend the TL one in May.

To me the AK and TL ones were worth it, but did not enjoy the MK or Epcot ones as much.

Hi, Could you tell me about the Animal Kingdom one? It coincides w/ our April vacation, and I am curious about the details!!

Thank you.

Hi, Could you tell me about the Animal Kingdom one? It coincides w/ our April vacation, and I am curious about the details!!

Thank you.
I went to the first one, in September 2016, which was pre-Pandora and ROL. For that party, it was only snacks that they provided as far as food goes. We checked in at the park and were given an assigned FP+ time for a night safari and vouchers for the games in DinoLand. It didn't seem crowded, maybe because the park is so spread out? Mickey and Minnie were inside one of the bldgs on Discovery Island, and when I went in I was the only person! Also ran across Goofy hanging out on the walkway by EE with only a few people in line. My nieces had a great time as they were able to ride EE 4 times in a row, doing funny poses each time for the pic.

It was a relaxing evening.

I've been ignoring all this Moonlight Magic talk. Now I see one of the dates is on our 25 year anniversary and we're new DVC members itching to get a stay in. I have lots of free airfare and a handful of 1 day tix we've never used. (We already bought AP's but don't plan on activating them until Dec.) I'm seriously considering booking 2 nights somewhere as that plus food would be our only expense. We could just do 3 days, 2 nights... visit some of the DVC resorts we want to scope out.....

And so it begins.

I've been ignoring all this Moonlight Magic talk. Now I see one of the dates is on our 25 year anniversary and we're new DVC members itching to get a stay in. I have lots of free airfare and a handful of 1 day tix we've never used. (We already bought AP's but don't plan on activating them until Dec.) I'm seriously considering booking 2 nights somewhere as that plus food would be our only expense. We could just do 3 days, 2 nights... visit some of the DVC resorts we want to scope out.....

And so it begins.

That's all it takes...just a little "what if...". I have yet to mention to my DH that one of the dates would also fall on our 20th wedding anniversary (in October) and I'm considering trying to do a trip for that one. I've got some time to prep him for it though, and we DO have APs that are active!

That's all it takes...just a little "what if...". I have yet to mention to my DH that one of the dates would also fall on our 20th wedding anniversary (in October) and I'm considering trying to do a trip for that one. I've got some time to prep him for it though, and we DO have APs that are active!

I still may do the anniversary trip, but one of my daughters is turning 16 next month and my birthday is really close to hers, so we are taking a birthday trip for one on the Magic Kingdom nights in a couple of weeks! Booked it yesterday. Got $45/$75 flights (which I had miles for - so free and barely a dent in my miles). Only staying one night because she will be missing school, but she hasn't missed any days this year, soo..... We're calling it our birthday party! LOL

Won't likely be able to stay DVC, I've got a value booked at the moment. Gonna call MS today and see if I can get any Pixie Dust. This would be our first DVC stay if they can find me something! Already got a family trip booked for Dec.

Could someone tell me about the Epcot moonlight magic? Like which attractions might be open. I know everything is subject to change, but what was available last year? We will be there in July for one of the nights it is offered and I want to try to get reservations for it. The MK one sounds awesome...wish I could be there for that one too!

Could someone tell me about the Epcot moonlight magic? Like which attractions might be open. I know everything is subject to change, but what was available last year? We will be there in July for one of the nights it is offered and I want to try to get reservations for it. The MK one sounds awesome...wish I could be there for that one too!
Here is a link to a thread about this past December’s Epcot event. Lots of opinions. Personally, I thought it was fun!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-for-epcot.3614921/page-16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter