More 'Disney Springs' Stuff...

andyman8

DIS Veteran and WDW Passholder
Well, I know this is more of a rumor but it seems to be looking like it will be happening in the foreseeable future, so maybe it belongs here.

Anyways, WDWNewsToday has obtained some concept art and what appears to be an official site plan, along with the new "background stories" for each themed area. Here is the story.

http://wdwnt.com/leaked-concept-art...-replace-downtown-disney-at-wdw/#comment-2191

Being a developer, the site plan indicates that WDW has been working on this for awhile (the nicer and less confusing they look, the further the project is through the pipeline) and I think we could see an announcement at D23 and construction begining shortly thereafter.

A lot of good changes there,bridges from the Lego store area to the other side of the marketplace,another bridge to get over to Saratoga easier,one central bus stop for the entire complex,how many times have I been annoyed by grabbing a bus at the marketplace and then having to make another stop at the Pleasure Island stop.Never was a fan of the addition of Pollo Campero and the burger place so if it goes that's fine,if they wanted to put a Latin chicken chain they should have gone with Pollo Tropical,much better than Campero but in reality both are a weird fit at DTD.I heard somewhere else that Planet Hollywood might get an observatory retheme,probably keeping Planet Hollywood in an expanded name probably "The Observatory at Planet Hollywood".The train track stuff seems strange over in the west side,but that part of DTD does need something new and fresh,Splitsville helps but the Disneyquest building seems dated and old.Most important is that they bring in interesting and cool stores and restaurants,that new building next to the lake looks really nice and has me wondering what they would put in there.

The plans sound nice, but what's with the weird backstory? I mean, I know this is Disney we're talking about, but I don't get it...:confused3

Looks and sounds good but then so have other plans we've heard about DTD before. :rolleyes1 I like the bridge a lot. That would really help with that cluster near T-Rex.

I think we have enough shopping areas already. I personally don't need any more of that. We need adult entertainment. Maybe this update will be yet another reason why the parks haven't installed an E-ticket since Everest. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter