More first timer planning questions

WaterLinds

DIS Veteran
Thanks to this forum I already have some rough plans, and I’ve read several other people’s help threads to get ideas. Rather than threadjack I thought I’d start my own to get some help with our details. I’ve spent months planning the WDW part, as one does, and now that we’re just a few weeks away I’m trying to get a handle on the USO side of things. I think I’ve done my homework but would still appreciate some help and feedback.

We’re headed to Orlando for 12 nights in early March. We’ll be starting at Disney and then doing some Universal days later, in that second week of March when the spring break crowds begin arriving. We are staying offsite at WBC, but I have one night booked at RPR with an AP discount so we can get two days of EP, early entry, etc. I was initially thinking of it as a throwaway room but the more I read, the more I suspect we will actually use it.

It will be me, my mom (older but healthy and active, does not do thrill rides), and my sons—7 (likes thrill rides but is too short for the big ones, LOVES HP although I’m only letting him go through book/movie 3 at this point) and 3 (on the short side, we’re hoping he’s 38 inches in shoes but it will be close, has liked everything resembling a thrill ride that he’s been allowed to do so far but of course can’t do many). My husband will be in Orlando but at a conference—he’s a lifetime Simpsons fan so if he has a few hours he’d like to check that out.

First up—ticketing questions.

Our initial plan was two days (2 park/day) but I can’t see any reason to not get the 2+2 tickets for my mom and youngest. Can these be bought at the gate with the AP discount, or are they only available online?

I was going to get an AP for the hotel discount, and seeing that they’re currently valid for 18 months (we’d need the Preferred due to blackout dates) I might get one for big kid too and see if we can get down for another trip. (We’re in Canada, so this is a big IF but I’m considering it—otherwise I’ll get him the 2+2 as well) The best deal is to get tickets from UT and then upgrade to APs once there, right? Is there anything special I need to know about that?

If my husband is able to come it would probably just be once, so no AP discount available for his ticket—our best bet would just be to buy him an e-ticket from UT?

I’m sure I will have questions about other topics too, but since most of that doesn’t seem to require much advance planning I’ll wait!

I would prefer 4 days over 2, most definitely. I suggest pre buying online because it’s almost always cheaper than the gate price. RPR is a gorgeous resort. You might want to spend some time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter